Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Manager's performance

Stats can mean a lot or they can mean sweet f a, but Alex''s percentage for the 101 (by my count) matches he has been in charge, is almost exactly 45%.  Not bad overall, wouldn''t you say?  The only manager that can beat that over any length of time since 1970 is Paul Lambert (49%) and even that was with a season in league 1.  Walker did 45% in his second spell, but overall less than 40%. Martin O''Neill was 46% but only over 26 games. Yeah, I know, stats........But 45% is pretty good, whichever way you look at it.

45% in the championship will not get promotion promotion promotion so if that continues it will get him the sack.

Also, if you look at Hughtons first season, we had a run of 10 games (I think) unbeaten

We then had a run of something like one win in 19 which caused us to worry about relegation up until 2 or 3 games from the end of the season

Stats like this become irrelevant - this season alone, with promotion the aim, we cannot say ''but his win % is this'' when the figure is grossly inflated by his first 5 months

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I do so look foward to Lakeys thought for the day.[/quote]You should definitely respect it though.We are all Norwich City supporters, and thats what matters.

Win %age for last 5 league games is 0%. Not very good and these are the games that count. You really are an idiot.

MP

Yet another thread from LDC on reasons why AN should keep his job.

Trouble is, all they do is convince me even more that he shouldn''t

getting like Houghton all over again, tomorrows thread will be all about Tom and why he is worthy of all the shares and what a great job he is doing for us.

2014-2015 W67% D20% L12%

2015-2016 W24% D18% L58%

2016-2017 W47% D18% L35%

Overall: W42.5% D18.75% L39.75

So basically in comparative terms to last time we were down here we are wins are down 20% and losses are up 20%. Draws pretty much the same.

Obviously stats only tell part of the picture though and for me the bigger concern this season has always been quality of play even when the stats were good.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"] tomorrows thread will be all about Tom and why he is worthy of all the shares and what a great job he is doing for us.[/quote]

I doubt it. I know little about the him, but if someone starts slagging him off for no good reason, I will likely defend the guy.  Always prefer to see the good side of people unless they demonstrate they should be treated otherwise. 

[quote user="Jim Smith"]2014-2015 W67% D20% L12% 2015-2016 W24% D18% L58% 2016-2017 W47% D18% L35% Overall: W42.5% D18.75% L39.75 So basically in comparative terms to last time we were down here we are wins are down 20% and losses are up 20%. Draws pretty much the same. Obviously stats only tell part of the picture though and for me the bigger concern this season has always been quality of play even when the stats were good.[/quote]

Thanks Jim, that''s useful.  To be honest the current season % is worse than I expected.  And I''m pretty sure the %ages for calendar year 2016 would be none too pretty either.  IMO AN has basically struggled all year, which is why I think he''s had long enough & we can''t afford to persist with him any longer.