Sign in to follow this  
Crazy Eddie

Saf, and team V Millwall

Well, it looks like Saf might have agravated his groin injury, so let''s at least be grateful it''s not a new problem or another thigh problem. Let''s also be grateful that although my money would be on him missing the Millwall game, talk of him missing the Ramadan period seems unfounded - we''re in it now and no-one has so much as mentioned it. So hopefully he will swiftly return.

Assuming Saturday is too soon for him (which it must be surely, after all injured on a sat, the next was too soon, so it follows with the reoccurance he will not be risked) what XI we want to see V Millwall?

For me, it''s time to see Jarrett in the centre of midfield lining up alongside Hughes who will be restricted to a more defensive role. If we can''t play Jarrett in a situation like this then he really will be wondering, as will I, why he joined us. With McVeigh needed up front I really don''t see how Jarrett can be overlooked.

-----McVeigh Ashton-----

Hucks Hughes Jarrett Marney

Drury Davenport Doc Colin

----------Green----------

Bench: Ward, Hendo, Flem, Brennan, Thorne

[quote]Well, it looks like Saf might have agravated his groin injury, so let''s at least be grateful it''s not a new problem or another thigh problem. Let''s also be grateful that although my money would be on ...[/quote]

Isnt Deano out for a couple more weeks or has he recovered faster than expected?  Asuuming he remains unavailable 

Green

Colin   Doc   Davenport   Drury

Hughes

Jarrett       Brennan

Marney

WLY    Hux 

If he is back I would drop jarrett, stick marney to the right and WLY at the point.

Very brave of you Zipper; reverting back to the diamond!  Personally, I''d stick with the 4-4-2.  I''d probably have a midfield of WLY, Hughes, Marney, Brennan and put Hucks up front.  Him and WLY could swop during the game

[quote]Isnt Deano out for a couple more weeks or has he recovered faster than expected? Asuuming he remains unavailable Green Colin Doc Davenport Drury Hughes Jar...[/quote]

Last I heard the earliest deano can be tested for full match fitness is the day of the Millwall game and he would basically have balls thrown at his head during the warm up and if it doesn''t hurt he''ll play.

[quote]Last I heard the earliest deano can be tested for full match fitness is the day of the Millwall game and he would basically have balls thrown at his head during the warm up and if it doesn''t hurt he''l...[/quote]

Superb! 

For some reason images of medicine balls came to mind.

OTBC 

" he would basically have balls thrown at his head during the warm up "

unlike Mrs Dan who seems to object to this type of behaviour during the ''warm up''

[quote]Last I heard the earliest deano can be tested for full match fitness is the day of the Millwall game and he would basically have balls thrown at his head during the warm up and if it doesn''t hurt he''l...[/quote]

maybe thats the prematch entertainment...hit ashtons head from the half way line and win a £5 book token

[quote]maybe thats the prematch entertainment...hit ashtons head from the half way line and win a £5 book token[/quote]

Out for 2-3 weeks is a disaster of enormous proportions - its JJs chance to show us what he is really made of...

OTBC

"hit ashtons head from the half way line and win a place in the starting line up instead of Safri" (as Worthington will probably not get anyone on a months loan to cover this loss)

either 

Green

Colin  Doherty   Davenport  Drury

McVeigh Marney Hughes
                                 Huckerby
        Ashton  Thorne

or 433 with McVeigh, Ashton and Huckerby up front and Jimmy B on the left mid

Will struggle to get that team if thorne, hux as well as ashton and safri are out injured - wont leave us with much will it?

WLY and Hendo up front anyone?

OTBC