Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

What's the weirdest thing you've seen at a football ground?

I was at a game at Carrow Rd, against Man City, I think, and this drunk woman staggered onto the pitch with a stolen microphone, and gave us a motivational speech.

Not necessarily weird as such, but ended up in a heated argument with some fellow Norwich fans away, can''t remember who against, but essentially it was all over 1/4 bottle of water spilling onto the floor (it was 28 degrees on that particular day so disappeared quite quickly).

They were from Brighton and to be fair, we probably did escalate the situation somewhat by making the odd Brighton-esque joke.

[quote user="morty"]I was at a game at Carrow Rd, against Man City, I think, and this drunk woman staggered onto the pitch with a stolen microphone, and gave us a motivational speech.[/quote]

Was she wearing really high heels? I still hate that little shite Fowler for that afternoon.

The ring leader of the East Stirlingshire massive hurling abuse at the Arboath keeper because his gate money was as he put it, paying for the recently arrested keepers cocaine.

Not exactly at the ground but the street opposite the Old Manor Ground, was a terrace house which had a giant great white sticking out of roof.

Also, at the old Gay Meadow Shrewsbury, there used to be a steward with a landing net at the river end, used to go fish the ball out of the river! Can''t believe it was back in 85, was at a cup match when Oxford beat them 2-0.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Good one Indy, didn''t that guy at Shrewsbury have a little boat, and be on the river ready for the ball coming over ?[/quote]

I didn''t see the boat, but the net was funny.

Not the only club to have stewards retrieving footballs, I have family in York, been to watch York twice, they employed a couple stewards to stand outside the ground to collect the balls which got leathered over the stands.

Mary Poppins wrote the following post at 25/11/2016 4:46 PM:

VanWink not being a snidey little butthole.

By "seen", I mean imagined. Obvs.

😂

And who might you be😘

[quote user="Syteanric"]Norwich City fans not thinking they have some self important attitude and actually backing a manager[/quote]

Which our managers in our history that the fans didn''t back in your opinion (and therefore sacked/resigned)... do you think should have been backed??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Syteanric"]Norwich City fans not thinking they have some self important attitude and actually backing a manager[/quote]

Which our managers in our history that the fans didn''t back in your opinion (and therefore sacked/resigned)... do you think should have been backed??[/quote]

Hughton is one.... if we''d spent the money in January he''d have kept us up.

Despite finishing 11th the previous year the fans didn''t view this as success and put the pressure on him, which translated through to the players and put the shackles on them did for us in his 2nd.

Our 2nd highest ever premiership finish should have been heralded, instead the pitch forks and burning torches came out because the football wasn''t "pretty"

....you obviously didnt watch us away from home much under Hughton?....home matches were bad enough, away were torturous. Prior to Hughton being sacked, that season he acheived 8 points from a possible 48 away from home

A combine harvester cutting up the field opposite before kick off of a pre season friendly. It had finished cutting just before kick off but had littered the place with straw cuttings. I''m pretty sure everyone had hayfever too, proper lower league stuff!

The Man U fan who climbed onto the roof of the Barclay stand and started throwing lumps of the roof onto the terraces below. Then he fell through the hole he''d just made.

My memory may be playing tricks with me, but as he was being stretchered off behind the goal by the St. John''s ambulance people, I think he got off the stretcher and started attacking his own fans as they were chucking stuff at him because they got hit by the bits of roof.