Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Team for Derby?

No Olsson or Dorrans due to suspension...

Ruddy

Martin Bassong Klose Brady

Murphy Tettey Thompson Naismith

Hoolahan

Jerome

Wouldnt be my team, but I can''t see much else being picked.

Getting desperate now with injuries & suspensions being continually picked up

Why do people on here stick with this losing formation?

Go to a 4-4-2, allow our defenders to defend and get two strikers on.

I''d be going with Pinto if fit with Klose and Martin at CB.

Midfield of the two Murphy boys on the wing and Pritchard alongside Thompson in midfield.

Chuck Jerome with Oliviera up top, use the width and keep the back four together.

But knowing AN we will see.....

McGovern back in goal, with Martin,Bennett, Klose, Whitts at the back, then we will see a 5 man midfield of Dorrans, Tettey, Brady, Naismith and Murphy with Jerome back in the lone forward role.

Indy - its more what i expect to see than what I want to see.

I would much rather see a 4-4-2 with Lafferty & Jerome up front, or even when Pinto/Howson is fit a 3-5-2

Ruddy

Bennett Martin Klose

Pinto Dorrans Tettey Howson Brady

Lafferty Jerome

The point here is, those people keep putting in the side RB are those under performing! Brady, Tettey, Bennett and even Klose really have been poor, yet people omit, Pritchard, Thompson and the Murphy''s who are the ones performing!

It''s not like they are that young, they are in their prime and will get better with match time under their belts. Get them all on and drop those who just can''t be arsed!

Canos deserves to be in the 17 squad too!

Largely, an irrelevance. Without belief, commitment or aggression there will be but one outcome. And there is more than sufficient evidence that those qualities are in short supply with the current managerial incumbents.

Think Olsson would work well in a back 3.

When all is fit and back. Say January.

Ruddy

Martin Klose Olsson

Pinto Maddison Thompson Howson Brady

Pritchard

Jerome

4-2-3-1

GK - Ruddy

DL - Brady

DC - Klose

DC - Martin

DR - Pinto

CM - Tettey

CM - Thompson

AM - Naismith

LW - Hoolahan

RW - Murphy

ST - Jerome

Subs - McGovern, Whittaker, Bassong, Lafferty, Oliveira, Pritchard, Canos.

I am sure the manager will spend all week working out the best way to set up, defend, movement without the ball, positional play etc etc

once he has devised his strategy and assessed who is available he will as usual stick 17 names in a hat and draw them out !!

I would be interested to see how much time on the ball we spend in the final 3rd of the pitch. We talk about how consistently we''ve been conceding and the individual errors from defenders but at times we almost seem to play on the break/counter leaving Jerome isolated. Tettey has been awfully sloppy with distritubion even by his low standards but with howson injured and dorrans out suspended it leaves us with 2 from thompson Tettey mulumbu

Would love us to go 3 at the back or the diamond but unfortunately I don''t think it''s what Neil will do. I''d like:

Ruddy

Pinto (Martin) Bennett Klose Brady

Murphy Thompson Mulumbu Pritchard

Naismith Jerome

Obvious argument for hoolahan to play but I just think Pritchard offers more of a direct threat to the right back.

Can''t defend, so three at the back and wing backs.

Ruddy

Pinto Bennett Klose Bassong Brady

Naismith Tettey Thomson Pritchard

Jerome

Does not matter who plays , squad is packed with players who do not want to play for this club or manager . Qpr are poor , Derby much stronger and the result will be another pasting .

[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zps7kwo5cuj.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zps7kwo5cuj.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Seems most people have Klose back in for Bassong. Was Seb that bad against QPR? Otherwise I don''t why AN would tinker with the CBs yet again.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]Seems most people have Klose back in for Bassong. Was Seb that bad against QPR? Otherwise I don''t why AN would tinker with the CBs yet again.[/quote]

Have you seen the first goal, Seb just stood there and let him score, pathetic.

Prefer to see a side without Bassong, Brady, Bennett or Tettey in it but options are pretty limited at the moment. They''ve all had a go now, may aswell chuck Michael Turner in for a game.

Pinto In, Pritchard In, Thompson In, Lafferty In.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Tim Dawson"]Dorrans suspended LDC[/quote]My bad. Put Jacob in on the left and Josh on the right, even though it is a 4231, which is not what I would choose, normally.

[/quote]You should only play the Murphys if you give them the ball because neither will want a 50/50 tackle or win the ball back, no Wes or Howson that isnt going to happen. I was at QPR and Bassong and Bennett were ok we have to defend as a team and that isnt happening, set pieces a real issue needs sorting, if that is addressed we wont conceed many. Still want a 4-4-2, one thing i noticed on Saturday is Oliveiras pace he is quick so play on it.

[quote user="CANARYKING"][quote user="Capt. Pants"]Seems most people have Klose back in for Bassong. Was Seb that bad against QPR? Otherwise I don''t why AN would tinker with the CBs yet again.[/quote]

Have you seen the first goal, Seb just stood there and let him score, pathetic.[/quote]No I haven''t otherthan some 5 second highlights on the news, I tend not to seek them out when we lose. If we''re looking for scapegoats then we may as well start with Bassong I suppose.If Pinto is fit my preferred CB pairing would be Martin and Klose. Hopefully Klose being dropped might give him a kick up the backside.

--------------Ruddy--------

Pinto --Klose-- Bassong --Martin

Ja.Murphy Thompson Tettey Brady

-------------Hoolahan

-------------Jerome

Slight tweak in formation. Keep everything simpler, fullbacks focus more on defending and we try to get the ball forward quickly. Tettey runs and breaks up play, Thompson holds and supports the defence. Try and catch them with pace on the break, Derby play like we do at home and haven''t got the quickest defence.

Hopefully Pinto is fit as well

It''s not scapegoating if the player has been rubbish for the best part of a year. Neil clearly doesn''t trust him and with good reason...

Anyway I''d go bold, change of formation and all that.

Ruddy

Klose, Martin, Bennett

Pinto, Thompson, Tettey, Brady

Pritchard, Wes

Jerome

Use Pinto and Brady as wing backs, let Thompson and Tettey break up play and get it out wide or into Pritchard and Wes. The solid central midfield should free up Wes and Pritchard to not have to track back much and there is a decent amount of pace in the team.