Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Laff and Benno tweets.

Anyone seen these on twitter?

Apparently they were somewhat unhelpful towards the club/AN and have since now dusappeared.

Did anyone see them and what they said?

Shambles? What a stupid thing to say. Anyway that is irrelevant - look at Rooney not the sharpest by a long shot but I imagine you would take him. Or maybe Giggs serial scumbag maybe him.Everyone says Lafferty never scores, oh hang on he gets 5 mins and scores. Since when hads IQ mattered as a footballer?

Lafferty does not show AN much respect and it shows

but then AN did not show him much respect last night by saying what he did

lafferty has every right to defend himself after what was said but this would and should have been done behind closed doors

To be fair Bennett tweet was just before Rob Butler tweeted about players watching TV. Just unfortunate he tweeted about a film he watching.

Maybe Lafferty showed a lack of respect but on the other hand was hardly a dig at the manager. With the manager saying he isn''t the answer and that basically he''s failed in 2 loan spells he was just saying "look at my international record if you think I''m such a failure".

Lafferty has got absolutely nothing to lose and AN was totally out of order making a public statement like that even though everyone knew it anyway.When you start picking out individual players in public then as a manager, you''re in troubleDoesn''t really do a lot for team spirit either

I think we can be certain that Laffs won''t be starting on Sat then, wonder if he''ll make the bench?

I don''t understand why people think that the Bennett tweet was coincidental just because Rob Butler''s tweet came after Bennett''s? Surely what matters here is the actual time of AN''s original comments, which were 5 minutes before Bennett''s tweet.

I think we can be certain that Laffs won''t be starting on Sat then, wonder if he''ll make the bench?

And that is the stupid think that AN has caused because like him or not lafferty can nick a goal for us

now if we are 0-0 with derby and 10 mins to go why not throw lafferty on like leeds

so if he isnt on the bench AN only has himself to blame

That''s a lot of ''ifs''Maybe lets see what the squad is on Saturday before attacking anyoneBlame him for past ''mistakes'', but having a go at him for something that has not happened is a bit silly

[quote user="Move Klose"]Maybe Lafferty showed a lack of respect but on the other hand was hardly a dig at the manager. With the manager saying he isn''t the answer and that basically he''s failed in 2 loan spells he was just saying "look at my international record if you think I''m such a failure".[/quote]But conveniently forgetting that most of his goals have been against basket case sides who''d struggle to make a decent fist of it at Championship level.

[quote user="Making Plans"]Lafferty has got absolutely nothing to lose and AN was totally out of order making a public statement like that even though everyone knew it anyway.When you start picking out individual players in public then as a manager, you''re in troubleDoesn''t really do a lot for team spirit either [/quote]Yeah that''s a reasonable comment actually. All will be revealed on Saturday I feel.

''Seen Benno''s tweet. Certainly done nothing wrong at all.

What did Lafferty say?''

If it''s the one in question, something like ''''13 international appearances, 10 international goals''.

What did Bennett''s say?

Having previously liked Neil and always thought he came across well, I think he is really now coming across as an arrogant bell end.

Having admitted his failures last season, I think he knows he''s not rectified any of them. As a defence mechanism, he''s now always right and everything is someone else''s fault. Not the sort of management that gets players running through brick walls for you and it''s clearly showing.

If last night''s shenanigans hasn''t confirmed the shambles going on inside the club right now, nothing will.

Player''s openly mocking the manager on social media

Beyond belief tbh

The rest of the squad won''t be enamoured with Neil''s public comments about Lafferty. When you think back to the Grabban fiasco and the apathetic attitude we''ve seen from many this campaign you do start to question wherever the man management skills are there.

Will these players run through brick walls for Alex?

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Clint wrote:

''''Having previously liked Neil and always thought he came across well, I think he is really now coming across as an arrogant bell end.

Having admitted his failures last season, I think he knows he''s not rectified any of them. As a defence mechanism, he''s now always right and everything is someone else''s fault. Not the sort of management that gets players running through brick walls for you and it''s clearly showing.''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whilst I wouldn''t call Neil an arrogant bell end just yet, I do agree with your post here Clint.

He seems to have alienated some of the players in recent weeks and I think some of his comments last night would only have worsened things further.

Particularly the ''I get dog''s abuse while the players sit at home and watch television'' comment, what was he thinking? How is that going to motivate the players in any way?

Hank,

Possibly reverse psychology, which is a dangerous game to play, but if it was the selection on Saturday will reveal the answer.

Reverse psychology or "this big mess isn''t my fault"...

He has told us before "he can only do so much" "he doesn''t cross the white line" blah blah blah...

I''m inclined to think it''s the latter.

I''m not trying to claim Lafferty is suddenly a world beater, but neither was Aaron Wilbraham. I''ve never seen Lafferty in a yellow and green shirt and thought to myself "this lad doesn''t even care". Which is more that can be said for Brady and pals.

Neil picking Oliviera over Lafferty on the weekend was poor, his comments at the AGM re Lafferty were embarrassing.

Hank,

Personally I lay the blame at McNally''s feet. AN should never have been appointed, so it ain''t his fault, it''s the fault of the appointee, who imo milked the club, kept the owners in the dark and ruled by fear and mushroom treatmen. This coupled with anger management (and other issues) led us down the '' what''s in it for me path''.

We are now reaping the rewards!

I wouldn''t say he should never have been appointed..

He came in, got the players back on track and achieved promotion. Job done. Fast forward to the PL and his inadequacies were there for all to see, which ultimately ended in relegation.

Most fans, including myself seemed united in the fact he was the man to get us promoted again. Whilst a few underlying doubts remained, the general opinion seemed to be that Neil would''ve learnt a hell of a lot from his failure to keep us up.

It currently seems he has learnt nothing...

Sorry Stan, I do not agree with you, I think the players we had then got us up. To clarify my point I refer to the Brentford game, and I know he was short of players, but Whitts at CM!! Why not put him at RB and play RM as CM, at least he can read a game.

Actually Laffs didnt say anything he simply ''retweeted'' what someone else put on about his international scoring record.

Whether the RB incident was intentional or not it was fooking hilarious !!

Tbh AN came across as a an angry little man last night...totally unprofessional and really wont have helped anyone,players,fans and certainly not himself.

The Benno tweet was something clearly said in the dressing room or Neil had mentioned it to the players prior to the AGM and Benno knowing the AGM was on he caused a bit of a stir likewise KL

As we have all suspected there are issues between the players and the manager

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]Particularly the ''I get dog''s abuse while the players sit at home and watch television'' comment, what was he thinking?[/quote]I''m thinking that he''s not seen the tasty side of our fans yet, and if he thinks what he''s getting at the minute is dog''s abuse, god help him when/if the crowd fully turns and we get a worthyesque atmosphere instead!He''s failed to rectify pretty much all of the problems we had that caused our relegation, he doesn''t seem to know his best team, he can''t seem to get a number of players giving 100% for him, and performances have been poor in general, but rather than actually doing something about it (although he simply doesn''t seem to have the experience or knowledge as to how) he''s instead attacking players and relying on the goodwill of the board and fans to carry him through.It can''t last much longer regardless, either he does turn a corner and we get back on track, or he continues to look lost, the crowd will turn, and he''ll be another footnote in our managerial history...

At the time I thought Bennets tweet was just perfectly timed coincidence now after actually thinking about his tweet I hope it wasnt because if one of our centre backs is getting all emotional about home alone then its no wonder we have got problems at the back. Oh for a Terry Butcher when centre backs were real men and strikers were just fodder for the slaughter.;)