Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Nathan Redmond Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKCbMIaUOU

Please can someone fix link.

Not sure if this has already been posted but sums up morale and how unhappy some players are here.

Seemed a nice lad and had talent but did not have the impact that many of us thought he may have. Probably a pl player but will struggle to get many international caps. I think the murphy boys will outshine him in their careers Norwich or elsewhere. The low morale and discontent within the Norwich squad is no state secret

[quote user="dibbler"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKCbMIaUOU

Please can someone fix link.

Not sure if this has already been posted but sums up morale and how unhappy some players are here.[/quote]interviewhighlight link ie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hKCbMIaUOUit should be bluecut it - use ctrl and letter ctype word  in forum - interviewhighlight that wordthen paste, ctrl and v   the link into the drop down box which is two green circles with a chain second top leftdonebe aware though that some browsers to not allow this or text size. colour etc

I think with Redmond you always thought he would do well in a side that likes to attack and wouldn''t be struggling near the bottom of the table.

Whilst players like Townsend and Lingard are getting chosen for England then everyone has gotta fancy their chances to get a few caps.

If be suprised to see the Murphys go further than Redmond to be honest. Hope they do.

I get the impression that there was a bit too much pressure put on him here. He was our one outlet in an average team.Its no surprise he is more relaxed in a side where there isn''t that pressure on him.

Completely agree Morty. He''s obviously been given a lot more freedom in his central role and is doing very well for both club and country youth. I expect him to play for England first team one day. He needs to be a lot more clinical and improve decision making to become a better player though but there''s no doubt he''s improved since he left us sadly, and I''m sure a lot of that is simply down to confidence.

As for the Murphy''s, they have a lot of potential and it''ll be interesting to see how it pans out

Masterclasses advised playing Redmond in advanced central roles over a period of years.

Exploiting his penetrative pace and ability to go past players, whilst minimising the negative impact of his callow positioning and tactical acumen was repeatedly stressed.

A missed coaching opportunity for Norwich.

Parma

Adams tried him in a more forward role, with disastrous results.

I think he''s a bit stuck between positions. From what I''ve seen I wouldn''t say he''s a forward (still not converting or creating enough although only 22) and he isn''t strong enough or defensive minded enough to be anything other than a luxury winger. Hes obviously still young(ish) and a more advanced position would free him up but will time will tell if Southampton want to persevere with a limited forward or if Redmond does what he didn''t here in 3 years and improve to closer to his potential.

Feels like another Walcott situation (except Redmond isn''t anywhere near as good).

Perfection was never on offer for Norwich.

We needed pace beyond defenders - particularly upon promotion - and we needed a weapon that other teams had to adjust for. Just having ''good players'' is not enough.

The Redmond - Whittaker axis was repeatedly exploited in our promotion season. It was a toxic shape that was papered over, but which cost us our only weapon - that of winning momentum - relatively quickly upon ascent.

A Redmond - Hoolahan 9/10 combination would have won us multiple points over a season. Both were capable of good Premier days and had top level elements to their game.

They both have multiple weaknesses, but at Norwich''s level some creative manipulation of available top-level skills, plus - absolutely crucially - the minimisation of weaknesses is/was paramount.

Neither was ultimately achieved.

Our redemptive aim this season to ''simply be better'' than others, can be seen as a flawed extension of that (whilst also arguably engendering a toxic sense of superiority and entitlement).

Parma

Well, we know full well players like that need strength behind them defensively to not be a hindrance. Hucks would have been half the player he was for us without Drury behind him. A lot of time has passed since playing under Adams and there''s no doubt his all round game has improved a lot since then.

It''s a good interview but he says nothing that is not fairly obvious. He''s got his chance at a club where he can be more expressive and where he can maximise his potential. At Norwich he was learning his trade and under Hughton he was raw and unpredictable, but you could see his potential. It was under AN he produced his best performances and as he matured he didn''t let us down when it mattered. The goal and celebration against Ipswich and the Wembley goal are the stuff of legend, never to be forgotten. Great lad, did us proud and hope he does really well at Southampton.

I hope he does well for the Saints too, don''t blame him at all for leaving. Think we should''ve got more for him to be honest.