Sign in to follow this  
Big Vince

AGM Verdict

There were some interesting little revelations last night which have not been highlighted so far.

Firstly, Wynnie proceeded to describe himself as a xenophobe and went on to list all the nationalities that he finds distasteful as prospective owners of Norwich City: Chinese, Americans, Russians, Indians, etc.

Secondly, when asked to explain the departure of Bowkett, Wynnie proceeded to give no answer at all other than that given to him by Ballsup.

Thirdly, which was VERY interesting, when Mr Phillips was asked as to why shareholders should re-elect him, he stated that he was "independent" and his name was not "Smith". Following the departures of Bowkett and McNasty, I now wonder if Phillips is the only possible dissenting voice on the Board now that it is otherwise filled with cronies and family members. Perhaps Mr Phillips will be the next one to resign 2 weeks after the AGM in order to make a statement about the direction of travel at the club? Clearly this corporate confidentiality thing precludes him and others making statements verbally or in writing.

Fourthly, as per usual Foulger, said nothing to the natives.

Fifthly, most unusually, Delia said nothing to the natives.

Sixthly, the boy Stone''s explanation of the new share valuation of £1 just left everyone more confused than before. He seemed to indicate that the transaction was between directors and so the share premium could be nil if they so wished. The only problem with that is page 32 of the accounts clearly shows that 200 new shares were issued and so the transaction could not have involved existing shares traded between directors. Moreover, he failed to reassure shareholders as to the value of their own beneficial holdings in the light of these 200 shares issued for £1.

Seventhly, if McNasty withdrew his resignation why did they not keep him on? Clearly it would have saved a lot of money and by the Board''s own admission he had done a good job. The inference must be that they wanted to use him as the goatscape for relegation, just as they did with Doomcaster in 2009, and so for that reason they thought £1.4 million was a price worth paying for a human shield. As I recall, Doomcaster also got a severance package even though he "resigned".

Eighthly, as one of the natives pointed out, if Norwich City had a manager with a higher stature in the game, would he be listening to the boy Martin as to who he could buy and sell? I think Allardyce and Redknapp were mentioned as examples.

Ninthly, Cameron Newark had a dreadful evening. He proceeded to ask a non-question which Alex Neil, not surprisingly, was struggling to answer. Mr Newark claimed that anyone and no one could be to blame for the slump in form.

Tenthly, Cardinal Wolsey had a dreadful evening. He proceeded to justify the present calamitous defending by alluding to dreadful defenders deep in the mists of Canary lore.

Alex showed his lack of experience and was clearly showing he was unhappy to be there, wears his heart on his sleeve though, kudos to that. Moxey stole the show, oozes class - the guys immaculate and well prepared. Would never see him rolling out of bed and leaving the house in a rush after a Spanish shower. Full on radox treatment for him each morning, towels folded to hotel standard.

Wtf is a goatscape? Perhaps Big Mince meant goat''s cape? Would make as much sense as the rest of his conspiracy theories.

"in order to make a statement about the direction of travel at the club?"and very handy it is, especially if it is the first time going to that groundthank you for reminding us(north I think on Sat)

Having slept on it for a couple of days, like Big Vince I still cannot understand what happened with McNally. MWJ did kindly state that he was heavily involved and would clarify. So despite the accounts stating he did resign this was seemingly reversed. He obviously was not dismissed our sacked because the Board said he did a great job over the years and they would reward him with £1.351 million. This seems a bit odd in that Mr McNally had already rec''d annual bonuses in recognition of his achievements. My hearing is not that good so perhaps I missed it. So, what actually were the reasons for him to leave the Club, particularly as it seemed he was very happy in his job.

[quote user="vos"]Having slept on it for a couple of days, like Big Vince I still cannot understand what happened with McNally. MWJ did kindly state that he was heavily involved and would clarify. So despite the accounts stating he did resign this was seemingly reversed. He obviously was not dismissed our sacked because the Board said he did a great job over the years and they would reward him with £1.351 million. This seems a bit odd in that Mr McNally had already rec''d annual bonuses in recognition of his achievements. My hearing is not that good so perhaps I missed it. So, what actually were the reasons for him to leave the Club, particularly as it seemed he was very happy in his job.[/quote]

Just as with Doomcaster in 2009, the Stowmarket Two were looking for a human shield for this their fourth relegation. They probably couldn''t believe their luck when McNasty resigned because it gave them the opportunity to dress him up as a goatscape and usher him out of the door. Even though McNasty retracted the resignation, the fact he made it in the first place meant there was no going back because the Stowmarket Two wanted to save their own skins first and foremost. However, there is now an undercurrent of discontent amongst the supporters which sees through the machinations of the Stowmarket Two.

"So foul a sky clears not without a storm" - Shakespeare.

Loved the reply from Jez when the Galway Roast question (ALL GLOSSED OVER) came up that the deal was closed by someone (no names|) but he emphasized that he did not sign the agreement.

MORE COVER UP''s

Over to you Morty to defend the club and fuck the tradesmen who did the signage

[quote user="daly"]Loved the reply from Jez when the Galway Roast question (ALL GLOSSED OVER) came up that the deal was closed by someone (no names|) but he emphasized that he did not sign the agreement.

MORE COVER UP''s

Over to you Morty to defend the club and fuck the tradesmen who did the signage[/quote]What did you want, someone''s head from the commercial department on a stick?It happened, it was out of the club''s control, its over.Why do you need to make such a massive issue out of it?And its not "more cover ups" at all, because the other things that you said were covered up, were nonsense.

Standard to give answers to appeas the masses, Moxy, Balls & MWJ ready for the questions.

AN credit for answering with his thoughts, clear that he doesn''t rte some players and isn''t scared to apply pressure on young Murphy by public ally saying he needs to up his work rate to gain a new contract like his brother. Might back fire as we don''t know how those big ego players will respond......might not have been the smartest move by AN but kudos to him for it.

So did anyone go there and get that change they wanted?

Morty you must sleep with your computer never known anyone to be so obsessed with defending NCFC

Feel you could be Delia, Michael or even Ed vote for me Balls

Yes there were cover ups and this is another one

ver to you

Sorry cannot answer in the next gone fishing

[quote user="daly"]Morty you must sleep with your computer never known anyone to be so obsessed with defending NCFC

Feel you could be Delia, Michael or even Ed vote for me Balls

Yes there were cover ups and this is another one

ver to you

Sorry cannot answer in the next gone fishing[/quote]What were the other cover ups Daly?Why would I not defend the team I support in the face of some idiot, who allegedly supports Norwich City, who is making up lies that are damaging?

[quote user="vos"]Having slept on it for a couple of days, like Big Vince I still cannot understand what happened with McNally. MWJ did kindly state that he was heavily involved and would clarify. So despite the accounts stating he did resign this was seemingly reversed. He obviously was not dismissed our sacked because the Board said he did a great job over the years and they would reward him with £1.351 million. This seems a bit odd in that Mr McNally had already rec''d annual bonuses in recognition of his achievements. My hearing is not that good so perhaps I missed it. So, what actually were the reasons for him to leave the Club, particularly as it seemed he was very happy in his job.[/quote]Assuming this is not sarcasm, to be blunt, that is naive. What do you think the directors are going to say - that he did an awful job, but they kept him on for years anyway? And, as mentioned before, the reality is that high-earners in business get large pay-outs, pretty much no matter what the circumstances.The simplest and most obvious explanation is the likeliest. As we do not have a director of football it has to be the CEO who advises the other directors on transfer strategy. We had two relegations in which a flawed transfer window was a serious factor. After the first McNally said he thought about quitting but decided the club needed him more than it needed his resignation.The second flawed strategy (especially based on McNally''s explanation of what the strategy had been and how it had - predictably - gone wrong) was a mistake too far. Hence, even though he withdrew the resignation, the board decided to let him go anyway.

Did anyone bring up the match day experience, cold sausage rolls, shite pies and poor beer? That''s more important than things we have no control over like picking Laffs or selling the club?

Enough guff......I''m more intrigued as to why Mr Bowkett departed?

Mr Mac was maybe/allegedly paid a gargantuan ''cheerio chum sum'' to keep his upper and lower mandibles........ever so tightly shut?

Purple. Off course the Board would say that. Also quite reasonable to respond to his "Twitter resignation" and say David lets talk about it in the cold light of day. But at the end of the day, as per the accounts, he officially resigned. So why does the joint major shareholder who constantly states we are watching the pennies, decides to call his departure something else, yet defined, so as to provide some sort of reason to give him over a million pounds. McNally has already been rewarded on an annual basis via his bonuses, why dish out another large sum for no apparent reason. These statements are coming from an established business with an annual t/o of £100 million - not a small newly formed coffee shop. Finally I am not that naïve to realise that there is this "confidentially" and "keep quiet stuff", but to pay out such a large sum - I don''t get it !!!

Mello Yello wrote the following post at 25/11/2016 5:30 PM:

Mr Mac was maybe/allegedly paid a gargantuan ''cheerio chum sum'' to keep his upper and lower mandibles........ever so tightly shut?

The Mr Bowkett departure was certainly a strange one.

[quote user="VanWink"]Mello Yello wrote the following post at 25/11/2016 5:30 PM:

The Mr Bowkett departure was certainly a strange one.[/quote]

Not long before Bowkett left he alluded to the fact that Colney was not up to scratch in attracting top talent.

He saw that Katharina Liebherr had made the facilities at Southampton Football Club amongst the best in the country. So why couldn''t Norwich City do similarly? The answer is that we have timid owners who refuse to take any investment risks at all.

They rule out a big money takeover.

They rule out expanding the ground.

They rule out training ground upgrades.

Bowkett is a businessman who knows that you have to at least take some risk to move forward. But Wynnie is such a stick in the mud that Bowkett resigned in frustration.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]How does that fit in with the Watford scenario?[/quote]

Watford have better player recruitment and smarter owners.

Sunderland are street fighters who survive relegation dogfights. Norwich go down every time they are in a dogfight. The boy Stringer 1987-88 is the only time I recall Norwich coming out of a relegation fight and that was because CHASE BOUGHT Flecky and Linighan that season.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Better player recruitment & smarter owners?

Didnt they start off by loaning pretty much the entire squad from Udinese, who are owned by the owners dad?

And also owned Granada (until summer) so just sharsd players around?

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nutty nigel"]How does that fit in with the Watford scenario?[/quote]

Watford have better player recruitment and smarter owners.

Sunderland are street fighters who survive relegation dogfights. Norwich go down every time they are in a dogfight. The boy Stringer 1987-88 is the only time I recall Norwich coming out of a relegation fight and that was because CHASE BOUGHT Flecky and Linighan that season.

Now put that in your pipe and smoke it![/quote]
Well there''s nearly as many people with different "in the know" reasons for Bowkett resigning than there were "in the know" claiming to represent the club at London institutions during Chase''s last days.
Was it akin to street fighters in the Watford boardroom? Where''s my buddy CUSDP? His "in the know" info is under threat....

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Better player recruitment & smarter owners?

Didnt they start off by loaning pretty much the entire squad from Udinese, who are owned by the owners dad?

And also owned Granada (until summer) so just sharsd players around?[/quote]

Well this seems like a pretty smart alternative strategy to spending millions. It has worked for them. Maybe there should be more copycat clubs. Syndicate for success!

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Better player recruitment & smarter owners?

Well this seems like a pretty smart alternative strategy to spending millions. It has worked for them. Maybe there should be more copycat clubs. Syndicate for success![/quote]
The Watford scenario had nothing to do with any of that.
Maybe we should have a "last man standing" wrestling match where all the people who are "in the Know" about Bowkett slug it out? Is big Vince lightweight or heavyweight?

As long as we can keep those bloody foreigners away from owning the club then everyone''s happy, right? Give me a choice of a foreign billionaire or a local Z list celebrity and I''d take the tin pot celebrity every time.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="Rogue Baboon"]Better player recruitment & smarter owners?

Well this seems like a pretty smart alternative strategy to spending millions. It has worked for them. Maybe there should be more copycat clubs. Syndicate for success![/quote]
The Watford scenario had nothing to do with any of that.
Maybe we should have a "last man standing" wrestling match where all the people who are "in the Know" about Bowkett slug it out? Is big Vince lightweight or heavyweight?
[/quote]

How can Big Vince be "Big" and lightweight?

Heavyweight of course. Well cruiserweight actually.