Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Does the Club deserve better from our supporters?

I see a lot of threads both here and on other sites which are basically of the opinion that "we, the supporters, deserve better from the club."

I suppose to me it''s like the spoilt teenager who feels that he or she deserves better from their parents. I mean, that day out at Wembley was almost 18 months ago now, right? And with hindsight, we were lucky to get there, weren''t we? And lots of the other kids have parents who can buy them expensive toys but ours are a tight-fisted bunch of scrooges who don''t care about our feelings and ambitions because if they''d just remortgage the house then we could have shiny things too and, you never know, our debts may never be called in.

We have fans slating the manager with language that would make Caligula himself blush. We have the owners and majority shareholders of the club being called "clueless", accusations of skimming money away from the club, the idea that all our appointments will automatically be useless, "Nephew Tom" is suddenly one of History''s greatest monsters purely by virtue of his very existence, and we get to the stage under Worthy when fans were cheering opposition goals and starting fights in the Barclay end.

So, you whinging, bed-wetting, entitled "we deserve better" ungrateful nonces. The reality of the situation is the opposite. The players, manager and Board of Directors of Norwich City Football Club deserve better from the club''s supporters. Have a look at yourselves.

Good luck to those travelling to Derby today, and I include the players and manager in that statement.

There is never an excuse for abuse or bad behaviour. The directors rightly or wrongly have put their money where it counts and bought the club. Few if any owners ever make money out of football and our owners are probably in the same category. The vast bulk of us will never have the finance to be in that position and all we can do is turn up be pleased when things go well and the reverse when things go not so well. It is not a cooperative and we cannot cast a vote ultimately and sometimes frustratingly our only option is to go or not go and most choose to go through thick and thin. The top management are not the best they often repeat mistakes but their heart is in the right place and they care which goes a long way with me. Yes it would be nice to have owners who are fans have more money and make better decisions but every supporter of every club would like that and they are few and far between. Probably we all need to manage our footballing expectations better as a medium sized club when there are shedloads'' of similar sized clubs. We are no sleeping giant but it is right to get frustrated when we see mistakes from time to time. By and large I think the club have a good loyal set of supporters who by and large are quite patient

[quote user="Mary Poppins"]I see a lot of threads both here and on other sites which are basically of the opinion that "we, the supporters, deserve better from the club."

I suppose to me it''s like the spoilt teenager who feels that he or she deserves better from their parents. I mean, that day out at Wembley was almost 18 months ago now, right? And with hindsight, we were lucky to get there, weren''t we? And lots of the other kids have parents who can buy them expensive toys but ours are a tight-fisted bunch of scrooges who don''t care about our feelings and ambitions because if they''d just remortgage the house then we could have shiny things too and, you never know, our debts may never be called in.

We have fans slating the manager with language that would make Caligula himself blush. We have the owners and majority shareholders of the club being called "clueless", accusations of skimming money away from the club, the idea that all our appointments will automatically be useless, "Nephew Tom" is suddenly one of History''s greatest monsters purely by virtue of his very existence, and we get to the stage under Worthy when fans were cheering opposition goals and starting fights in the Barclay end.

So, you whinging, bed-wetting, entitled "we deserve better" ungrateful nonces. The reality of the situation is the opposite. The players, manager and Board of Directors of Norwich City Football Club deserve better from the club''s supporters. Have a look at yourselves.

Good luck to those travelling to Derby today, and I include the players and manager in that statement.[/quote]

Idiot

There is a lovely irony in a post decrying supporters using abusive language towards the owners/managers then calling said supporters ''nonces.''

Dont think there has been anything untoward aimed t the club !

The club which we fans love and cherish.....and follow whatever.

I will start by saying for the first time in a long while I miss todays trip to Derby due to family commitments, as fans we are the second most important factor in the equation

The simplistic way of viewing it is the club has a histroy dating back 114 yrs, I myself have been a regular since 1977 (other fans a lot longer) but we will always form the second factor in terms of length of service and commitment

Then you get the current board, managers and players all of which will come and go some last a decade others will be gone in a flash.....

But as a fan we all expect anyone pulling on that yellow jersey to give 100% for the cause if they dont they can expect the wrath of the fans......after all 3,000 of them will have been on the way up the A47/A17 this morning spending there hard earned cash as they do every week supporting the club they love and follow through thick and thin!

Ah yes, them poor underperforming players earning thousands of pounds a week. It''s a tough life.

Supporters have every right to demand the very best from the club, be it the players, manager or the directors.

I have a pan of soup on the stove if you wouldn''t mind giving that a stir winky.

Also I''ll be having a dump later if you''d prefer to stir that....

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Think the OP needs to look up the words ''Hypocrisy'' and ''Irony''. Then maybe come back and try again. Or better yet, don''t[/quote]

I would say the club gets away pretty lightly as far as its supporters are concerned.

Norwich fans are among the most placid in the country and the contrary applies in that they ought to be giving the club more of a hard time. You only have to look at some clubs in the midlands and north east to see the tolerance levels are far lower than in Norfolk.

[quote user="king canary"]There is a lovely irony in a post decrying supporters using abusive language towards the owners/managers then calling said supporters ''nonces.''[/quote]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]You are criticising yourself Vinny. Unless of course....[/quote]

Norwich fans are good citizens but this allows them to be taken for a ride by the Board.

So Big Vince is doing a public service by giving them a voice whether they agree with it or not.

[quote user="Big Vince"][quote user="nutty nigel"]You are criticising yourself Vinny. Unless of course....[/quote]

Norwich fans are good citizens but this allows them to be taken for a ride by the Board.

So Big Vince is doing a public service by giving them a voice whether they agree with it or not.[/quote]
So there''s the answer. Finally.

No, Rudolph. The club is the players, the ground, the manager and the management and board.

If there was no club, supporters would drift away to do other things.

Your statement there is the very embodiment of entitlement.

Are you for fucking real

The players and pathetic Management and Board don''t deserve the level of support we get

What would make you change your mind relegation to the Conference?

[quote user="VanWink"]Morning Duncan![/quote]It is not Duncan but i won''t Bor you with who it is Winky.

It''s funny how we appear to be mirroring the later Chase days, without promotion we will be selling the family silver, we will be about 11 million in debt and in the championship, yet our owners deserve better, please tell why?

The board are starting to look stupid for keeping him after relegation, and keeping him now after 1 point from 18 and going out of the cup. Idiots the lot of em

The answer to the OP''s question is ''No'', and if you really want to see ''Entitlement'' in action look at Leicester fans today-6 months after winning the Premier League they have booed their team after 30 minutes of their game today.

Mary Poppins wrote the following post at 26/11/2016 5:29 PM:

From Copper to Winky''s narc.

Be proud of yourself.

It was one or the other, but you dont have multiple accounts do you Chopsy!

Look at the date Chops last posted.

Count the number of days since then.

Multiply that number by ten.

Make it a percentage.

That is the percent of sh*t-stirring twunt that you are.

Just exposing your pathetic duplicity. You don''t like it. Tough $H1T.

There are decent posters on this board, you used to be one of them, till you and your buddies decided to make it your own private playground. Your accusations of $H1T stirring are laughable compared with the way that you behave on here.👍

A lot of fans are angry because Delia has ruined the club. They''ve had to learn the hard way - don''t try to argue with a woman. We''re tired of second rate managers and her last two have had no real experience.