Sign in to follow this  
CJ

Brief match report

I decided time was now to see how my team were doing so I collected my son and after a diversion to avoid arrived at Pride Park in reasonable time. After my son announced the team my mood dipped seeing once again injuries suspensions was making team so weak.

So from the kick off I thought how bad will this be, and I have to say my mood slowly improved. There was really only one team playing good football . Mulumbu was very solid and the defence very solid. The passing was good possession high . However after starting well Murphy slowly become a liability easily losing possession, and too often braking down in attack. However our favourite ref once again missed a clear penalty as Brady crossed Jerome was wacked in the face by the Derby defender just as ball arrived. Hence he later had to leave pitch with bloody nose and croggy. So blatant how can any pro ref miss it!

So at half time all seemed well a reasonable performance but we all know how second halfs are.

So with slight concern the next half began, Derby were clearly up for it and closing down much quicker for a while we seemed to cope ok. Unfortunately due to lack of cover from a tiring Molumbu and Tettey a goal duly arrived via deflection. The response I have to say was poor although Naissmith nearly retrieved it with good shot when thru on goal. There once again arrived two key moments involving our dear ref. Pritchard with a clever flick was clearly running thru on goal to be cynically taken out only for our friend to cope out with a yellow. Then at last Murphy broke into box and was clearly taken out from behind yes you guessed it waved away , that Ref is a complete joke should only be allowed in Sunday League.

So another two injuries Brady and Jerome , subs which amazed me as our best player in first half Hools was pulled for Pritchard when Murphy clearly needed to go .

The real problem I have to say is fitness or lack of, the complete lack of movement off the ball was apalling. Derby had a poor game looked more like away team than home.

The lack of real passion in the team is worrying no spark , russell martin did nothing wrong but nothing right either to inspire the team.

Sorry but Alex needs to go he has no new ideas no plan B

Thanks CJ, appreciate the effort! Nice to get a supporters view whom was there, much like Ricky.👍

Decent enough report there CJ. I''ll have to see the incidents again, thought Jerome was 50/50 but Murphy was certainly brought down so a bit baffled by that one. As usual felt that when our midfield tired AN was too slow to react and make a change, although in his defence for once you could argue his hands had already been forced by the injuries to Jerome and Brady.

Once again we looked toothless in attack, our build up too pedestrian and our front man far too isolated. One shot on target says it all. You can''t score goals unless you''re hitting the target.

A one nil defeat to an in form Derby side won''t signal the end for AN yet, but with every result going against us it''s feeling more and more like AN is really struggling to turn the tide. I''d like us to get back to winning ways, but you have to question if we don''t get 3 points next time out, will the faithful start to turn?

Toothless in attack and our front man too isolated. The old familiar story that 26,000 can see week in and week out but nobody in the dug out or boardroom can see. Maybe after a season or so they will spot it ?.....oh hang on a minute.

It is a quandary (the lone striker being isolated) Til.

It is obvious to huge swathes of fans. It has to be an issue with formations. So often you can ''see'' patterns and how teams are set up. Something hasn''t worked for a good while (for me since th 6-2 Newcastle result last year ) and Alex doesn''t seem able to sort it.