Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Most unbalanced squad ever built!

Defence been a shambles for years - No investment bar Klose who was a good buy but clearly does not want to be here anymore as he sees a club with no ambition!Forwards - We had 2 left at the club, 1 whom was a bit part player last season and thus not considered good enough and 1 who has been sent out on loan to everywhere on the planet - No investment!!! The fact he has been recalled says volumes for the squad imbalance.Midfield - We have Mulumbu, Tettey, Howson, Hoolihan, Brady, Murphy''s, Dorrans, Naismith, and we spend on Pritchard and a fortune on a lad we loan out to Aberdeen. We are a team with no options to change anything but the Midfield. Its an absolute shambles of a squad and this muppet built it, yet people on here can still try to defend him. 5 losses in a row as one of the most financially advantaged teams to ever play in this division and yet still the board do nothing. This club is heading in one direction only. I actually cant see where the next win is coming from and with no change back to back relegation is a serious threat. We are dropping like a stone and cant play in the trenches as are defence are incapable of keeping clean sheets. How this man is still here is beyond me but then when you look at our comedy board room nothing is really a surprise. They got lucky once with a genius manager that saved them from the brink. Just maybe we will be back there if we are not careful and this time have no McNally to save us. The same lot that took us there are now clearly back in charge of football with an ex politician dancing clown and a man that has no care for the fans or football but only for the finances and no doubt his bonus. The fans dont help either with the majority being a happy clappy bunch of blanket sitters and people that can not see what is blatantly obvious to anyone with a modicum of sense. I fear for the future as much as the season we was heading to league 1 as the fans may not stick around a 2nd time. People are fed up with the regime and there is no real dream any longer for the prem as it does not provide the better players everyone else seems to get! Throughout a years in the Prem Wes was still our only real match winner and we all know how inconsistent he is. So what is their to wish for anymore! Nothing and thus people are wanting a change at the very top, at least it would bring new hope!

Too many players who think they should be playing at a higher level.

Players who aren''t good enough for us.

Players who just don''t have the heart, fight and apetite anymore.

Players who are been given chance after chance, and players who aren''t getting a proper chance.

Signed Canos and seems to be behind about 4 others, Pritchard doesn''t make the starting 11 sometimes even the 16. Oliviera is 3rd choice 1 week, then 1st choice the next and then 2nd choice.

It is massively disjointed and I think it''s our major issue

And it''s the fault of the owner, board and successive managers

The mitigating circumstances are our unique league hopping in recent years and our inability to absorb the strains of hat with external cash.

It is time to wipe the slate clean, somehow, it won''t be easy at all but we do have some great kids coming through.

Agree with that Buh, time for perhaps a balanced mix of our youth and established senior pros! Ken Brown got it right with the Milk Cup team, some seasoned pros and eager youngsters.

The one big question in my mind is what type of team are we trying to be? A team that is quick on the break? I have not seen us be able to do that. A team who gets down the wings and crosses for the forwards to nod in or score on the breakdown? There is a bit of that in us but I think we miss the central figures to score from there? Are we a defensive team that soaks up pressure? Definitely not.

Would love to know what style of football our manager is trying to play.

Certainly have concerns about Alex''s dealings in the transfer market - which have been woeful so far. Will he be here in January though?

[quote user="FCC"]Certainly have concerns about Alex''s dealings in the transfer market - which have been woeful so far. Will he be here in January though?[/quote]All will change in January as The Man From Mulbarton will be trimming and freshening up the squad. [:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Is that a change then?

I''m sure I read on her that he was in charge for the last 2 seasons....[/quote]He keeps having his title changed since he had the simple name of Academy Manager which yes must have been a couple of years back. Maybe you could clarify matters next time you go to Colney and press the flesh over a cup of tea. Lovely man so he must be doing a good job hey ? [:P]

Technical director. The job and responsibilities were laid out by McNally in 2014. Not in simple enough language for you to understand obviously.

So in 2014 he was Academy Manager then became Technical Director and now Head of Recruitment. Yep i am following the path here easily enough but maybe in simple language you could tell me what exactly a Technical Director does ? No fancy mumbo jumbo from inside the club but your take on it would be good.

Remind me later

Review

Search Results

"Director of football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and extremely variable and causes much debate in the sports media

Like the piece regarding they can step up should the manager get the sack

It just gets better

Search Results

Remind me later

Review

Search Results

Search Results

media

Surprisingly I agree with our Nige here!😉😉

McNally was a pains to point out that ''The man from Mulbarton'' was not a director of football but a technical director! What the difference is, who knows!

Rather than blindly throwing darts at the bloke why don''t people post why they have such a huge problem with Ricky Martin. All I ever hear is gossip and each time that''s passed on it has someone''s spin on it.

OK Nutty,

As you asked, the guy has little or no interpersonal skills, and I talk from experience and is is disliked by most, if not all, of the players..

I think a lot of people use the fact that he didn''t play pro footie. A valid point to a degree but other people have gone on to greater things that have been at the same level. I have no axe to grind against the bloke cus I really have had no interaction with him and I am unsure as to how well or not he does the job asked of him. What has been said and its valid is that the recruitment recently has been poor! Is it all down to him,I doubt it!

He doesn''t manage the players or coach them. He has administrative skills which is why he''s an administrator. And a good one.

Sorry Nutty, but as an administrator he still interacts, I can assure you he is not liked!

He''s a good administrator Ray. Which is why he got that job which he does well. He was given the task of securing cat one and achieved it. Totally professional in what he does. Look at the ''best in class'' stuff at Colney.

I don''t do gossip as you probably already know Ray. I speak as i find. However if he is the most hated man in the world that won''t devalue his achievements.

Nutty,

Let''s not forget the support staff. That said I accept what you say, but that was a number of years ago and even then he lacked interpersonal skills I can assure you. Not his fault, just the way it is. Efficient, possibly, but universally liked no. Doesn''t mean he wouldn''t do an ok job, but we need more tha OK imo.

[quote user="Ray"]Nutty,

Let''s not forget the support staff. That said I accept what you say, but that was a number of years ago and even then he lacked interpersonal skills I can assure you. Not his fault, just the way it is. Efficient, possibly, but universally liked no. Doesn''t mean he wouldn''t do an ok job, but we need more tha OK imo.[/quote]Who else at the club don''t you like Ray?You''re forming quite a list.[:)]

Ray

He''s continued to do more than an ok job. Cat one was a few years ago. The most recent audit wasn''t. He''s an administrator. He seems to get on ok with the manager and takes loads of pressure off him. He''s very much on the pulse of everything at Colney and that''s probably why he''s rated highly. The critcisms are rather childish and most are based on the idea that he has been in charge of recruitment which he hasn''t. I don''t know what the new role is but as I understand it from the AGM the scouts and Alex Neil will be identify the targets and Ricky will be trying to make the deals happen along side Moxey. I think he will be good at it.

Now I''ll ask again, what is it about Ricky Martin''s performance that warrants the continued criticisms from his detractors on here?

While I agree that bashing a bloke for no reason is unnecessary, the guy claims to know him and thinks his character would be a negative in his role. Seems fair enough to me, we will never know if he is making it up or not, it won''t influence my thoughts and nor should it anyone else''s.

I have heard a number of negative things about him but I won''t let them concern me until I hear them from a legitimate source.