Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Official Match Thread - Derby

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="ricardo"]Last chance saloon next Saturday.[/quote]It could get quite tasty.[/quote]Not as tasty as on here tonight.

Well

It appears Kyle lafferty isn''t Cody McDonald

But seriously, we are awful

There''s no reason we won''t beat Brentford with Nutty in charge! It''s the tough games we should get something from!

But even if he is sacked I actually think it''s getting too late .... And any new manager might not be able to turn this team about. We look very vulnerable

[quote user="Indy"]You really think so Ricardo? Who would come here to replace him?

Bruce has Villa moving! Weak board who don''t want any challenge to them from the manager.....AN wouldn''t dare question Delia & Mixy he can''t believe his luck to got this gig![/quote]I have no idea but even I could manage them to 5 straight defeats. AN won''t be sacked yet.The result and crowd reaction next week will tell us the direction of travel.

[quote user="sonyc"]But even if he is sacked I actually think it''s getting too late .... And any new manager might not be able to turn this team about. We look very vulnerable[/quote]Auto promotion went out of the window weeks ago when it became obvious we conceded too many goals.Still a chance of playoffs but not on present form

You know, I think Delia is as stubborn as Chase was, the more the crowd turn next week the less likely she will be to sack him.

Just no point in sacking AN and bringing in Irvine, do you trust Moxy with his track record of managers to appoint a better replacement?

The clubs back in 2008, all very much in a downward spiral.

First 6 games, 11 points from 18. Scored 9'' conceded 7.

Second 6 games, 15 points from 18. Scored 15, conceded 9.

Third 6 games, 1 point from 18. Scored 5, conceded 14.

Only come back from being behind once.

Drawn after being ahead: 2 games.

Lost after being ahead: 2 games. 10 points dropped from winning positions.

Players signed but not rated highly enough for us to use: Canos, Oliviera, Thompson, Pritchard, Maddison, Godfrey, Mulumbu.

Players signed, used , but played poorly: Klose, Naismith, Brady

Lafferty lovers : he had his chance with a long run when he first arrived and failed miserably, as he did when on loan. Any donkey could score against the level of international opposition that he''s faced.

Whoever''s in charge will have to work overtime in January. Clearly we''ve got a fair few players who don''t want to be here, no way Klose wouldn''t be playing if he was up for it, must be having a little strop.We need an entire new defense and keeper. Thank god we''re in the capable hands of Ricky Martin on that front.

sorry he has had his chances now

if we beat brentford next week they would give him more time which we can not afford be like hughton all over again

ricardo wrote the following post at 26/11/2016 5:00 PM:

sonyc wrote:

But even if he is sacked I actually think it''s getting too late .... And any new manager might not be able to turn this team about. We look very vulnerable

Auto promotion went out of the window weeks ago when it became obvious we conceded too many goals.

Still a chance of playoffs but not on present form

Not on present form? 6 losses out of six? I think that might be the quote of the night Ricardo.

Agree on automatics Ricardo. That is long gone. No chance. I meant actually getting into the play offs. There are far too many hungry teams right below us. And in 2 hours time we could well be 2 points behind Leeds too. And Huddersfield could also put clear blue water ahead of us points wise. I think we look doomed.

It''s incredible to contemplate exactly what our board believe. Just unbelievable. Have rarely felt as dispirited. Yet that is because we have had 5 good and dramatic years. It feels like some kind of real, slow decline at this moment. And the leadership is quite rudderless.

[quote user="sonyc"] Have rarely felt as dispirited. Yet that is because we have had 5 good and dramatic years. It feels like some kind of real, slow decline at this moment. And the leadership is quite rudderless.[/quote]It can''t all be ups and downs.I expect we are due a longish boring period. A great shame because I feel that it has largely been chucked away.

Agree with that point completely Ricardo. It''s a great opportunity missed. Hence my comment about the board. Should have acted in June 2016.

Most of us feel it''s been rather chucked away. It''s why many people won''t take this period of mediocrity quietly.

Hearing the manager and board drone on about the last ''4 or 5 games'' is equally frustrating. We''ve been below par for a bloody long time now and aren''t showing any signs of improving..To put it kindly, you could argue we''ve seen a steady pattern of regression. We are absolutely worse now than we were when Adams walked

Which players have ever improved under AN and his management team? None, he''s great at spending money on utter dross too.

[quote user="ricardo"]It can''t all be ups and downs.I expect we are due a longish boring period. A great shame because I feel that it has largely been chucked away.[/quote]

ricardo, its been chucked away due to the evolution of the game and the simple fact the board dont have the finances to compete, so even when we are up we arent really up, we are just hanging on and hoping for the best but the carrow road faithful will pour through the gates regardless, and until the fans vote with their feet the stowmarket cretins wont go anywhere and youll see this same story repeat time and time again

sonyc wrote the following post at 26/11/2016 5:08 PM:

Agree on automatics Ricardo. That is long gone. No chance. I meant actually getting into the play offs. There are far too many hungry teams right below us. And in 2 hours time we could well be 2 points behind Leeds too. And Huddersfield could also put clear blue water ahead of us points wise. I think we look doomed.

It''s incredible to contemplate exactly what our board believe. Just unbelievable. Have rarely felt as dispirited. Yet that is because we have had 5 good and dramatic years. It feels like some kind of real, slow decline at this moment. And the leadership is quite rudderless.

It''s a very dispiriting feeling when the club you love and invest so much in, both financially and emotionally ( and I''m not talking about Delia here but us fans) can be seen just drifting down the pan. It''s hard to actually believe this is happening and nobody is able or willing to sort it out. Gut wrenching.