Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Baboon

Official Match Thread - Derby

What''s happened to Thomson? Thought he was excellent against Leeds. What''s Bassong done to warrant another start as well? Even though Klose hasn''t been great, in Neil''s words, Bassong isn''t the answer!

Back 4 - now severely limited by injuries, although Klose must now be eyeing up the exit door

Mulumbu & Tettey - possibly the least exciting midfield we could have, but again no choices left

Naismith ahead of Pritchard? 4-4-2 or 4-5-1?

If its 4-5-1 I cannot see how Naismith is in ahead of Pritchard

[quote user="lake district canary"]Think I would have preferred Whittaker at RB, Martin at CB.  At least that combination did well last time in the championship and in theory could do well again, if they are all on form.

[/quote]

Actually, I completely agree. I didnt even realize Whittaker was on the bench, just assumed he was still injured

My back 4 would have been Whittaker - Martin - Klose - Brady

Really worried about that selection.

How come we''ve managed to go to the premiership and now come back with a team that looks worse than the one that got us up!!

so out of the 7 subs 4 of them are AN buys are they deemed not good enough same as lafferty ?

pritchard how he is not playing

you have to play your best players the cm is midfield has no pace

in fact the whole team has no pace apart from murphy & brady !

Front four will need to put four of clints shifts in but they are the most likely to do that. But this team looks to be assembled to out score Derby. Here''s hoping...

Good to see Mulumbu back. Poor man''s Howson though.

Lafferty on the bench after Neil''s motivational speech?

Bassong starting again?

Naismith on the left wing?

A midfield pairing of Mulumbu and Tettey?

Fingers crossed I guess.

[quote user="ec-p"]Do you think AN will go if we lose his one?[/quote]

Yes.

Leeds are playing Rotherham I believe, that will knock us out of the play off spots. Considering we were top, that''s nothing short of disastrous.

Also, he seems to now be picking fights with fans, players, media. With each interview he is getting more & more wound up & something will have to give soon

What must Klose think, sub behind Bennett and Bassong..unbelievable.

He must be packing now ready to leave as soon as January comes!

Unless we get trounced or produce a complete no-show I think he''ll be given another game at least.

But who knows.. we might be back to our best today?

Given Bassongs display last week how on earth can he pick him ahead of Klose, even allowing for his loss of form. This really looks like panic stations, he just can''t afford to lose, so nobody in the team that will create anything, loads of long balls and just hope the ball breaks for us. Absolutely pointless delaying the sacking of Neil, just wasting points and making it that bit more difficult to finish in the top six

[quote user="nutty nigel"]But this team looks to be assembled to out score Derby. [/quote]For us to out score anybody at the moment is a tough ask when it''s almost certain that we''ll concede at least 2.Two strikers on the bench though but how many minutes will one, or both, of them get.My money would be on less than 10 minutes combined with Oliveira coming on as a token jesture when it''s too late.If Lafferty gets on then it will mean that AN is in deep poo and he knows it.

ball over the top bennett bassong chasing shadows i can see it now turn our defence will be Mclarens team talk

play balls in between Russell Martin and Bennett for the LM to run onto !

Darren Bent will love this defence !

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]But this team looks to be assembled to out score Derby. [/quote]For us to out score anybody at the moment is a tough ask when it''s almost certain that we''ll concede at least 2.Two strikers on the bench though but how many minutes will one, or both, of them get.My money would be on less than 10 minutes combined with Oliveira coming on as a token jesture when it''s too late.If Lafferty gets on then it will mean that AN is in deep poo and he knows it.[/quote]
Post or poster?

I got 2 wrong ( Klose & Whitts ) but then as Alex said at the AGM we dont see them in training so what do we know lol

My choice was

Ruddy; Whitts, Russ, Klose, Brady; Tettey, Mulumbu, Jacob, Hoolahan, Naismith; Jerome

Having already put pressure on Brady by stating publicly he is better than BJ he now leaves the poor guy exposed on the left and probably with instructions to get forwards.

I am struggling to see the balance in the side.

But. I can''t abide McClaren so I hope we trounce them.

[quote user="ricardo"]Looks pretty obvious that Klose will be on his way in January.[/quote]Perhaps we''re not playing him because we don''t want to risk reducing his transfer fee

But why Ricardo ?

Klose was happy here wanting to stay another though who has gone down hill since AN and fat frankie have been coaching him !

Rudolph - Was going to say Brady was the only choice for LB today but guess Whitts could hav played there and Brady on left wing?

ricardo wrote Looks pretty obvious that Klose will be on his way in January.

Didn''t Klose come here because he wanted more first team football? We hardly had to fight off opposition for him - perhaps the guy whines too much?