Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Mark Robins doesn't seem to be on message...

Im curious if any manager who''s team we''re supposed to be contenders has ever survived 6 defeats on the trot? That run is borderline impossible at this level. Even Ipswich can get a win now and again!

Hes very much on the pro-manager page.

Sounds like somebody who has glimpsed 2 or 3 games over the couple of years so doesn''t really understand the fans issue

Alex Neil is a good, young manager - simply just words

We just fell shorty of staying up - no we went down without a whimper

But he got you promoted - well, we can''t live off something that happened 2 years ago

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Basically said that if we stick with Alex Neil as manager it will come right.[/quote]

We''re sticking with him. It isn''t coming right. What''s plan B?

[quote user="JF"]Even Ipswich can get a win now and again![/quote]They''re only 3 points behind us and that after they couldn''t score for weeks on end and were flirting with the relegation placesRelly puts our slump into perspective

I''ve never seen the point in changing managers every 12-18 months, you just have to look at Sir Alex''s record when he joined UTD to see patience become results.

I like that there are a range of summarisers on Canary Call. We get balanced range of views. A manager will have a different perspective for sure.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]...with a lot of views on here.

He talks well but does he have a point?[/quote]He does seem to be a tad biased towards the manager''s plight. That''s to be expected but way off message not just with most of us lot on here but with the the local '' meejah '' too.Might have a bit of a wait for his next stint in the summarisers chair [:D]

If your still listening to him now Smiffy hes talking sense about Bassongs interview. It shouldn''t be his last stint for a while. If it is then would it be right?

Listening to Bassongs interview is that it seems the group are building a siege mentality against what they see as a very critical media. That''s not the sign of a lost dressing room.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 26/11/2016 5:49 PM:

Listening to Bassongs interview is that it seems the group are building a siege mentality against what they see as a very critical media. That''s not the sign of a lost dressing room.

Didn''t hear the whole interview, but the bit where he wouldn''t accept that we were mentally weak sounded like a player that couldn''t accept any blame or criticism. How are we supposed to solve the problems that are so clearly there if the players are thinking this way?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Listening to Bassongs interview is that it seems the group are building a siege mentality against what they see as a very critical media. That''s not the sign of a lost dressing room.[/quote]Just a shame they don''t have a siege mentality on the pitch

[quote user="JF"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 26/11/2016 5:49 PM:

Didn''t hear the whole interview, but the bit where he wouldn''t accept that we were mentally weak sounded like a player that couldn''t accept any blame or criticism. How are we supposed to solve the problems that are so clearly there if the players are thinking this way?[/quote]
Mark Robins spoke well about that.
My point was that it appeared to me Bassong emerged with answers that were predetermined because manager and players rightly or wrongly believe the media are being divisive. He will be criticised for that response but his comments won''t be used as evidence that players are not playing for the manager.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Listening to Bassongs interview is that it seems the group are building a siege mentality against what they see as a very critical media. That''s not the sign of a lost dressing room.[/quote]Just a shame they don''t have a siege mentality on the pitch [/quote]
Post or poster?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]
Post or poster?
[/quote]Second time you''ve used that today & I have not got a clue what you mean.So, go on then, enlighten me

I liked Mark Robins doing Canary Call. Balanced and then seemed to come around to the fact that there was a problem the more the calls went on after listening to the fans and the hapless Bassong interview.

At one point today Goreham did actually mention that Robins hadn''t seen much of us this season. That explains it then.

To me Robin''s gave a lot of political answers but nothing of substance in terms of where its gone wrong. I like Robin''s as a summariser he talks a lot of sense when talking about the game he''s watching but on CC he seemed to give neutral answers.