Sign in to follow this  
Tufnell Park Canary

Time for another loan star?

I was just about to post that link as well. Great minds and all that.

Well he''s a central midfielder if my memory serves me right? Ageing, but was a decent quality player. Not sure if his legs have gone now though?

We have injuries in that area, but not sure if he or we would contemplate the move!

Personally I can’t get over the idea of his loyalty to that mob down the road and would rather not see him wear the club colours, even if very briefly.

Bigoted, short-sighted yes, but we can’t all be reasonable all the time… Still if he bags a hatrick for us, then my prejudices can be overcome

Who cares if this guy used to play for Ipswich. He is still a good player in my opinion and one who could certainly do a good job for us while we are short of cover in this area. He also has the ability to weigh in with a few goals which is always a bonus.

I doubt we would be able to get him as I am sure Ipswich will have been made aware of his short term availability and they are always going to be his first choice but you never know....

Matt Holland would be the first choice in any team of mine.

I admired him greatly even when playing in Ipswich colours. In my humble opinion this guy is sheer class and how he can''t get first team football is a mystery to me.

Having said all that I can not, in any way ,see him joining us because I think he still has Ipswich at heart.

could do a great job in safri''s absence and play himself into
a move in time for january. sounds perfect to me, who
cares if he''s ex Ipswich.

Although I''d love Matty Holland to come here, he never would.  He''s Ipswich through and through and I don''t think would ever pull on a Norwich shirt (even for a loan).  I do think we need a midfielder on loan though.  With Saf out we''re light in the middle.

Michael Brown come on down!

Think yourself lucky Weston, I am a year or two older than him!

Have to agree that he would be a good short term signing even despite his links and loyalties with that bunch down the road. He has the ability and quality to do a good job for us in the short term.

Can''t see it happening, but would love to know if we inquire about his availability and the respone we would get?

I think the fact that in the BBC piece he even states his preferred loan move would be a return to Portaloo Rd emphasises his loyalties - he won''t come to us I''m afraid.

Now Michael Brown would be a good addition - but how many loanees from one club can you have at any one time? Are there not rules on this?

i met mr holland about four years ago at a game at colchester playing his old club bournmouth ,i introduced my self as a norwich supporter . i asked him if he had talked to city about a move to carrow road,he said yes but he chose his then present club because it was nearer his london roots. he sounded quite genuine , i talked to him through out the half time interval about football in general .OTBC

I live in ipswich and have to walk past portman road on the way to work, he''s going down there to do some meal and meet the fans thing tommorow night..reckon he might have a chat with them while he''s there. Would be great to get him down here though.

Hmmm, Michael Brown, there''s a blast from the past...he was a great player for Man Citeh and for Sheff Utd, but doesn''t really appear to have done much whilst at Spurs.   I used to work with one of his best mates, and his reputation for partying was pretty unique so don''t know how he''s settled down.   Could be someone who might be looking to resurrect his career?

Ameobi - You are joking, please.

Holland - Scum through and through, good player though

Brown - Didnt he score against us last year?? would happily see him.