Sign in to follow this  
True Grit

Not all doom and gloom, some positive stats yesterday

We beat Derby on possession yesterday by 10%. Also on pass success, with 76% to their 72%.

Wipe the slate clean with November, December will be Christmas cracker of a month for the club, with a broad and full turnaround.

You over look the stats for yards ran, thow ins awarded and distance in runs ups for goal kick taking.... all of which went to CityYet we were still ruled to have lost the game.What is the use of having these important stats if the game is only decided by one factor alone... goals scored ?

ps did I tell you how many  times our offensive player touched the ball in the third quarter of the pitch inside the channels compared to their most offensive player ..........................zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We had more crosses, won more aerials, won more tackles.

Tbh 1-0 away loss against an in form team like Derby isn''t the worst of results. We have improved steadily since Brighton and I can only see us winning from now - Starting with Brentford.

Folk should pay more attention to the statsthey are the entrails that need to be examined.. thoroughlynevermind all this watching stuffit is the stats that count ieaverage length of pass - City 11.26 yards, Derby 9.17 yards... says it all really

True Grit is right.  We improved at QPR second half and were better again yesterday by all accounts.  When on a bad run, you reach a bottoming out point where things can''t look any worse - and that was at Brighton - and thereafter try and improve from there - which is what we have done.  No points, yet, but improve steadily and gradually build up a bit of confidence.  That gradual build up of confidence is much better in the long run as it is more likely to be sustained long term than a quick fix victory. Fans will always want to win and of course it''s not good to be on a losing run, but patience is needed in building things up again - and to their credit that is what the manager and players are showing. 

sorry LDC, I see little evidence in a picking up of confidence or form.

In the 17 games we''ve now played this season. I can think of only Blackburn away and the 2nd half at Forest (together with the odd isolated 10 min spells here and there) where we have matched the intensity of AN''s team when he took charge for the second half of the season , 2 years ago.

Now either his methods of then are no longer working or he doesnt have the personnel to implement it.

What I see is a team playing with no intensity,urgency,guile,width,creativity,pace or notable gamplan.

We''re a laboured ,tired team....as evidence by the fact that 7 of our starting XI yesterday were 30+.

you could be waiting for something that just isn''t going to happen

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]You are all due to be told off by forum tw*ts Little Dick Canary and morty, ,,,, where is he btw?[/quote]I''m here, what is it that you wanted?

We have lost 29 out of 56 league games since the start of last season. We have lost 6 in a row twice since the start of the year.Alex Neil has been found out.