Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Losing runs

Looks like the run that was the Beacon of victories for Edd has also come to an end. Now we really in the poo.

It''s hard to analyse.

Happy clapper or not there needs to be a change.

Is AN too aggressive and loses the players'' support?

[quote user="ricardo"]The longest run of consecutive defeats is 7.It has happened 3 times1957, 1981, 1995[/quote]

Did we not get relegated each of those seasons? Is that an omen and more pressure on AN!

If I, at work, performed so badly without any sign of improvement I would be sacked. That''s a fact of life. AN is a dead man walking and the longer we leave it the worse it will get. I hate losing ,even at scrabble, as my kids would testify and I am sick to the back teeth of seeing my team getting beat every week. Can''t the board see that this affects so many people who can''t go back and count their millions when we lose.

I think a lot depends on when a losing run occurs - if this one had been at the start of the season or after a month of it, he''d probably be gone by now.He''s living off the results of the first 12 games at the moment because to a certain extent he has proven he can do it.Trouble is, with each passing game that is lost, or probably drawn now, his credibility, and the prospect of turning things around, gets less & less.

I''m not sure that''s right MP. If the team seemed to have given up then I would agree; the fact they are still( apparently ) fighting, according to those that went yesterday, does cast a slightly different light on it. If we can start to get results again we will be back to we are win my dispite the manager.

The truth is nobody can predict if a different manager could get more out of the players as individuals, I''m sure as a collective though they could.

[quote user="Indy"][quote user="ricardo"]The longest run of consecutive defeats is 7.It has happened 3 times1957, 1981, 1995[/quote]

Did we not get relegated each of those seasons? Is that an omen and more pressure on AN![/quote]Yes, we didfinished stone last in Div 3 South in 1957 and had to seek re-election to the League.relegated from Div 1 (top Tier) in 1981relegated from Prem in 1995.

Thanks for that Ricardo, hope we at least draw on Saturday, I''d be content with that now!

We''ve had two runs of 6 consecutive losses since the start of the year. Each of these includes a cup game.Since the start of last season we''ve had 6, 7 and 11 match winless runs, again each include one cup game.League matches alone we''ve had two 5 game and two 4 game losing streaks.Neil is a poor manager who seems to fall into the Roeder type category - poor signings and a damaging psychological influence on the squad see us progressively worsen after an initial honeymoon period where we do well.