Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Match report whilst fresh in mind!

[quote user="Indy"]No I''ve never implied that, I''m implying as you said pre Saturday that you''re expectations were lowered, as the great travelling fans we have, might be the same.

Still I''m not suprised that some people feel unrest, rightly so but that''s up to each person to come out and say not for me to imply on others, come on Morty I''m not implying that at all![/quote]Fair enough, I misread what you posted.[Y]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]We''ll see/hear this coming Saturday around 16:50 what the mood of the support at home is like......[/quote]Wow.Can you do me the lotto numbers too please?

I tend to agree with Morty - fan unrest under Hughton was much more significant amongst the away fans than anything we see today. I think resignation with the board and the understanding that we''ve reached our level as a mediocre chump side without any ambition is the overwhelming emotion.

I''m not great at posting my thinking in words, better at a chat and a pint matey.

I''m praising the fabs who went and their patience, but asking how long can it continue?

[quote user="Indy"]I''m not great at posting my thinking in words, better at a chat and a pint matey.

I''m praising the fabs who went and their patience, but asking how long can it continue?[/quote]Aye, that would be nice[Y]I can understand Hoola saying thats his last away game under the present manager, I said something similar for slightly different reasons. I won''t be going to Barnsley as I''ll be away back to work not long after, which means my next away game will be late January, when all this has sorted itself out, one way or another.I eventually stopped going to away games in the Prem too.

Yes I know Hoggy. But it can always go two ways. When we replaced Worthy with Grant it was only October. Plenty of time for at least a play off push. But it all just got worse. When it was obvious it wasn''t going to work everyone said it was too late or the wrong man.

Bottom line is I don''t know if a change of manager would improve things now. It''s not an exact science. We probably already have January''s ins and outs sorted. The players we are stuck with any new manager would be stuck with.

What I do know is if the fans force the issue it is usually keyboard warriors followed by away fans followed by home fans.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Yes I know Hoggy. But it can always go two ways. When we replaced Worthy with Grant it was only October. Plenty of time for at least a play off push. But it all just got worse. When it was obvious it wasn''t going to work everyone said it was too late or the wrong man.

Bottom line is I don''t know if a change of manager would improve things now. It''s not an exact science. We probably already have January''s ins and outs sorted. The players we are stuck with any new manager would be stuck with.

What I do know is if the fans force the issue it is usually keyboard warriors followed by away fans followed by home fans.[/quote]Asking for a friend, what if someone ticked all of those boxes?[;)]

Where you heading to Morty? Just back from a stint in Norway, it''s depressing in Stavanger at the mo!

Just been to boots for my Tena pants ready for post match Saturday ;-)

[quote user="Indy"]Where you heading to Morty? Just back from a stint in Norway, it''s depressing in Stavanger at the mo![/quote]Slightly warmer climes mate, Gulf of Mexico, working out of Mobile, Alabama again.

That''s a little warmer than Stavanger, they just had first snow on the hills of Norway. I''m off now no more contract work apart from clarifications until after Christmas.

Never worked out of the gulf but I do have two of my systems there for FMC. I''ve worked in Houston for a couple months for amoco a good few years ago.

Safe journey matey.

[quote user="Indy"]That''s a little warmer than Stavanger, they just had first snow on the hills of Norway. I''m off now no more contract work apart from clarifications until after Christmas.

Never worked out of the gulf but I do have two of my systems there for FMC. I''ve worked in Houston for a couple months for amoco a good few years ago.

Safe journey matey.[/quote]Cheers[Y]

I think it''s a rare situation in that from my experience yesterday, the home fans are turning before the away fans.

Could happen if we get a bad result and performance against Brentford.

But it''s only keyboard warriors at the moment. Strange that many of them claimed to be at Derby....

It''s not just keyboard warriors, there''s quite a few around me in the lower Barclay that have had enough. Its far from a majority though.

We''ll see/hear this coming Saturday around 16:50 what the mood of the support at home is like......

Napoleon Dynamort sarcastically retorted :-

Wow.

Can you do me the lotto numbers too please?

I sarcastically retort :- WOW! No, but I could have predicted without fail you replying to my post with a smug ''n smart alec comment.......fella......

[quote user="Mello Yello"]We''ll see/hear this coming Saturday around 16:50 what the mood of the support at home is like......

Napoleon Dynamort sarcastically retorted :-

Wow.

Can you do me the lotto numbers too please?

I sarcastically retort :- WOW! No, but I could have predicted without fail you replying to my post with a smug ''n smart alec comment.......fella......[/quote]Can I assume you have a degree in stating the bleeding obvious?[;)]

But they''re not vocal yet. The whole ground will know if it happens. I half wondered if it would happen after Derbys goal yesterday. Particularly because some of those who went have been very vocal on here.

If we go a goal down on Saturday and then another one if it''s going to happen it will then.

morty wrote the following post at 27/11/2016 9:09 AM:

lharman7 wrote:

I understand with Wes'' age he will need replacing but surely that would be a great reason to change our tactical stance and go for it? We needed a goal (preferably two) and we kept tactically doing the same thing which has been failing us. I disagree that we are playing the formation that best suits our players. Yes it''s a little dated but we could have changed to a 4-4-2 or even 4-3-3. I believe we have more than capable players to do this.

I believe, right now, we don''t.

But why don''t we? What''s your explanation?

Alex Neil seems to play the same way week after week yet we have options to mix things up.

See we are now firmly in "if we lose to Brentford" territory. This is the situation the board force and sooner or later we will pick up a win which will prolong the agony all round.

Or perhaps see winning as a good thing, as opposed to "prolonging the agony"?

You do want your team to win Jim, don''t you?

[quote user="morty"]Or perhaps see winning as a good thing, as opposed to "prolonging the agony"?

You do want your team to win Jim, don''t you?[/quote]

If I am honest Morty I am torn. When we play I cannot help but want us to win because I am a Norwich fan but I have no doubt at all that if we do manage a win it will be rammed down our throats by Neil and the board as proof that they were right to stick with him and long term it could prove counterproductive because it will buy him (and therefore waste for us) a few more games. As has been said elsewhere the decision over whether to keep a manager should not e based on results in one, two or even three games. It should come down to a judgment over whether he has done a good job over a prolonged period and is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. I therefore think what happens at Carrow Road on Saturday should be irrelevant.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Or perhaps see winning as a good thing, as opposed to "prolonging the agony"?

If I am honest Morty I am torn. When we play I cannot help but want us to win because I am a Norwich fan but I have no doubt at all that if we do manage a win it will be rammed down our throats by Neil and the board as proof that they were right to stick with him and long term it could prove counterproductive because it will buy him (and therefore waste for us) a few more games. As has been said elsewhere the decision over whether to keep a manager should not e based on results in one, two or even three games. It should come down to a judgment over whether he has done a good job over a prolonged period and is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. I therefore think what happens at Carrow Road on Saturday should be irrelevant.[/quote]Take all the stupid nonsense away from it, its about wanting to see your team win.It really is that simple.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"]Or perhaps see winning as a good thing, as opposed to "prolonging the agony"?

If I am honest Morty I am torn. When we play I cannot help but want us to win because I am a Norwich fan but I have no doubt at all that if we do manage a win it will be rammed down our throats by Neil and the board as proof that they were right to stick with him and long term it could prove counterproductive because it will buy him (and therefore waste for us) a few more games. As has been said elsewhere the decision over whether to keep a manager should not e based on results in one, two or even three games. It should come down to a judgment over whether he has done a good job over a prolonged period and is getting the best out of the players at his disposal. I therefore think what happens at Carrow Road on Saturday should be irrelevant.[/quote]Take all the stupid nonsense away from it, its about wanting to see your team win.It really is that simple.[/quote]

Its also about wanting to see your team succeed long term and its perfectly possible to take the view that something needs to happen to force the boards hand that will long term be in the interests of the club.

I really, really dislike our board for the way they regularly manage to turn the matter into a stand off and thus make the fans feel like this when it comes to decisions on sacking managers.

It is that simple. I will be cheering for a win, same as every other game and it will be lovely to have that good feeling for the week-end if we do.

It is ridiculous to think that the result on one given match day should decide if a manager should stay or go. The decision should be made over the long term taking into account all sorts of issues, the over riding one being if he is getting the best from the squad available. In addition are we are progressing, developing, building a better squad etc.

I presume that is what the board are doing. They feel that AN is doing a good job with what he has and that good or bad runs of results shouldn''t over-ride that view. I find that conclusion quite staggering to be honest but it''s theirs to make and whether we manage to take advantage or not of the opportunity that the PL money has given us will depend on it.

Winning is all that matters in football and s0d the long term issue. If we win on Saturday, we might follow that with another, then another, then another and go on to win promotion, making a change of manager unnecessary.

Really, if there are people out there who want us to lose, then they have no right to call themselves "supporters". We had all this cr*p with Hughton. It makes no difference who is the manager when it comes to winning matches. We win and everybody wins. End of.