Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Jez Moxey and his itchy trigger finger...

Moxey presided over the sacking of 4 managers in just over a year at Wolves. With Alex Neil saying he''s not a quitter (he''s unlikely to walk) and the board coming out with ''he''s got our full support'', you wonder what Moxey is thinking. Is he too new to ruffle Delia''s feathers? Is he desperate to open the trapdoor? Perhaps he''s learnt his lesson at Wolves. Perhaps McNally would have pulled the trigger already. Despite all this, if the best alternative we are looking at is Roy Hodgson and having to see his ratty little face in every post match interview, I think I''d currently rather stick than twist.

I would doubt very, very much that any decision like that would be his alone.

[quote user="Barney Rabble"]I would doubt very, very much that any decision like that would be his alone.[/quote]Indeed, whilst the CEO is responsible for the day to day running of the club, any decision, such as sacking a manager, would be taken by the board.

No but he''d have a big say on such matters. Is it any coincidence that we have a relatively new board - Moxey, Balls and Tom (there''s a new Beatrix Potter title) and Neil is still in a job?

[quote user="Feel The Force"]No but he''d have a big say on such matters. Is it any coincidence that we have a relatively new board - Moxey, Balls and Tom (there''s a new Beatrix Potter title) and Neil is still in a job?[/quote]No more of a say than the rest of the board members.And with him being recently employed, I should imagine Delia, his boss, made her position pretty clear to him from the outset.

Don''t get the anti Hodgson sentiment. In a completely different league to our last three managers in terms of experience and proven ability at club level and although it all went a bit pair shaped at the tournaments his overall record for England was pretty good and saw quite a few young players come into the fold.

From his early soundbites Moxey does not appear to me to be in the mood to rock the boat and force the issue if its against the wishes of the owners. Don''t forget at Wolves he had one man with a 100% shareholding who basically called all the shots. It may well have been Morgan during that 12 month period who was trigger happy not Moxey. I may well be wrong but would that not also have been the last 12 months of Wolves parachute payments?

Just to be clear Jim, I kept my fingers clean of the whole business. Had nothing to do with me as I find it difficult to look people in the eye on a day to day basis let alone Fire them. Jez is coming to the Capital Canaries Xmas dinner so I''ll ask him to sack Neil then and see what happens.

[quote user="Feel The Force"]...if the best alternative we are looking at is Roy Hodgson and having to see his ratty little face in every post match interview, I think I''d currently rather stick than twist.[/quote]I hope the board make their decision on more important critieria than what the manager''s face looks like. Although they probably wouldn''t have picked AN if they did, not sure I''ve ever seen him smile.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]Please, please not Woy[/quote]

His name is Roy. If his skin was black would you make fun of it?

It doesn''t make you sound clever.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"][quote user="CANARYKING"]Please, please not Woy[/quote]

His name is Roy. If his skin was black would you make fun of it?

It doesn''t make you sound clever.[/quote]Without sounding harsh, and purely playing Devil''s advocate, racist behaviour is illegal and a criminal offence. Bit of a difference....

Moxey has a vested interest in not rocking the boat. Cannot see him exercising his finger.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Roeder is ratface.

Hodgson is owlface.

Just saying...[/quote]And Farage is twofaceJust replying