Sign in to follow this  
Chemical Bro

Kenny jackett resigns.....

[quote user="hogesar"]I think people are making an extremely big jump here..[/quote]

It may be nonsense but I don''t think it''s that big a jump.  He''s resigned after just 5 games and Rotherham said they were shocked by the news so no indication there was anything at the club which was behind it.  Also nothing has been said that he''s left for health or other non-football reasons.  He used to work for Moxey at Wolves for a long spell as manager.  Our manager is a prime candidate for the chop to any neutral who looks at the results.  It''s not exactly rocket science.

[quote user="paul moy"]Coming as assistant perhaps........[/quote]Interesting twist actually...

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]This may be just a coincidence, but he has a very respectable record as a manager.[/quote]Care to share?I can''t get his wiki page to load.[/quote]

Bugger me, something you can''t do.

I had better check if Gibraltar is still there.[/quote]I find your hypocrisy hilarious.Booooooo morty spoiling the forum with smart comments, I know, I''ll make one. That''ll show him.

[/quote]

Thought you didn''t like booing. Hypocrisy?

I was quite happy to leave it but you just couldn''t resist gobbing off again could you.

If you can''t join in a men''s debate without resorting to the tactics of a Daily Mail sub-editor, then don''t bother.

And by the way, your comments aren''t smart, childish they might be.[/quote]I am correct about the diamond being a very different formation from a flat 4-4-2, and thats pretty much the end of it.You just need to pull your big girl pants up and accept it.[/quote]

I am correct he says. You are not. Mind you, to be fair, you haven''t been involved or supporting City that long so I will cut you some lack on your lack of knowledge about football.[/quote]If it means that much to you to know you''re right, then lets just say you are.Because frankly mate, you''re boring everyone.[/quote]

Hit a raw nerve did it? Being a wannabe instead of a been there and done it?

Anyway, back on topic....It would be interesting if Alex Neil would be willing to welcome a bit of experience into his back room staff.

[quote user="It Character Forming"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Coming as assistant perhaps........[/quote]

Is that what they''re saying on the street in downtown Ho Chi Minh City ?

[/quote]

Word on the street in Some Reap actually. Funnily enough I met 3 Norwich fans in the Score bar and updated them during the Derby game.

[/quote]

Word on the street in Some Reap actually. Funnily enough I met 3 Norwich fans in the Score bar and updated them during the Derby game.

[/quote]

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="It Character Forming"]

[/quote]

Word on the street in Some Reap actually. Funnily enough I met 3 Norwich fans in the Score bar and updated them during the Derby game.[/quote]

Siem Reap

I think that 2 and 2 might well make 4 on this one. Doubt very much if KJ would be an assistant though. Very much his own man.

As quite a few posters have noted, he has actually got a reasonable record. He has an approach that can be quite disciplinarian in ....the same mould as Saunders (😉) . He is also not someone with tons of ego and I reckon could be a neat fit with our board.

Interesting times. Could be here Sunday? Or sooner? This development ( his resignation) just seems so unexpected (5 games only, 39 days).

Or maybe if Being less fanciful in my thinking in linking him with us, he doesn''t want a relegation on his CV and he is simply being an opportunist. My betting would be its us. It would just be our kind of recruitment.

Interesting times either way. I still expect is to beat Brentford though ( as I did Derby etc etc and look how that expectation turned out)

I think if he suddenly appeared at Norwich we could be under some serious scrutiny for tapping up.

Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"

[quote user="sonyc"]Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"[/quote]With already having previous for it I could see a big fine coming our way.I am sure we aren''t the only people making the link between him and Jez.

Just writing that last line makes me laugh! He has a great name really for comedic lines. But maybe it''s me thinking of all those fantastic Early Doors episodes ("Our Kenny"). Apologies for anyone for whom this has sailed way over their heads!

[quote user="sonyc"]I think that 2 and 2 might well make 4 on this one. Doubt very much if KJ would be an assistant though. Very much his own man. As quite a few posters have noted, he has actually got a reasonable record. He has an approach that can be quite disciplinarian in ....the same mould as Saunders (😉) . He is also not someone with tons of ego and I reckon could be a neat fit with our board. Interesting times. Could be here Sunday? Or sooner? This development ( his resignation) just seems so unexpected (5 games only, 39 days). Or maybe if Being less fanciful in my thinking in linking him with us, he doesn''t want a relegation on his CV and he is simply being an opportunist. My betting would be its us. It would just be our kind of recruitment. Interesting times either way. I still expect is to beat Brentford though ( as I did Derby etc etc and look how that expectation turned out)[/quote]

Good points.  Hard to see someone taking the Rotherham job without accepting they''ll be in real trouble this season.  I suppose it''s possible promises were made or things were said before he joined and it turned out to be much worse so he bailed out, but a lot more likely he''s got something lined up and we''re the obvious candidate.  As you say, it''s our kind of recruitment.

Rotherham are a mess and their fans think there are issues behind the scenes there. I think therefore the most logical explanation was that he wanted to get out of there asap because he realized he''s on a hiding to nothing and it might damage his reputation if he took them down with a very low points total which looks on the cards.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility though that he has half an eye on our job or indeed that someone has alerted him to the fact that our job could become vacant soon which may have influenced him to take a gamble and make sure he is available quickly and one assumes without huge compensation being payable!

[quote user="paul moy"]Fix the software Archant[/quote]
Come on Paul, ''fess up. That''s how you made Brexit work....you voted four times and then requested "the fix."

[quote user="morty"][quote user="sonyc"]Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"[/quote]With already having previous for it I could see a big fine coming our way.I am sure we aren''t the only people making the link between him and Jez.[/quote]

Don''t see how anyone could prove the link though. We still have a manager and our board are on record as saying he''s going nowhere.

So first Alan Irvine joins and now its Kenny Jacket - just hope he is able to replace Gary Holt - think have certainly gotten worse since he left in the summer.

I am sure Ricky Martins scouting report on Jackett is impressive.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="sonyc"]Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"[/quote]With already having previous for it I could see a big fine coming our way.I am sure we aren''t the only people making the link between him and Jez.[/quote]

Don''t see how anyone could prove the link though. We still have a manager and our board are on record as saying he''s going nowhere.[/quote]Well if that remains the case, there is no link to prove, obviously.If we lose Saturday and Jackett is appointed next week then it will look extremely suspicious.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Rotherham are a mess and their fans think there are issues behind the scenes there. I think therefore the most logical explanation was that he wanted to get out of there asap because he realized he''s on a hiding to nothing and it might damage his reputation if he took them down with a very low points total which looks on the cards. Its not beyond the realms of possibility though that he has half an eye on our job or indeed that someone has alerted him to the fact that our job could become vacant soon which may have influenced him to take a gamble and make sure he is available quickly and one assumes without huge compensation being payable![/quote]

It could well be true... I guess we''re getting a bit ahead of ourselves.

If Moxey rates him, it must be tempting to snap him up.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="sonyc"]Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"[/quote]With already having previous for it I could see a big fine coming our way.I am sure we aren''t the only people making the link between him and Jez.[/quote]

Don''t see how anyone could prove the link though. We still have a manager and our board are on record as saying he''s going nowhere.[/quote]Well if that remains the case, there is no link to prove, obviously.If we lose Saturday and Jackett is appointed next week then it will look extremely suspicious.[/quote]

Yes it will look suspicious but not sure how anything could be proven and our case would be strengthened by the fact that we could point out he had already resigned when there was not even a job available at Norwich.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="morty"][quote user="sonyc"]Yes agreed Morty. It needs to be some kind of careful timing. You could see Delia or Ed say something something like "we knew we had to scour great homegrown talent and we spoke to some of the best managers out there, indeed we were inundated with interest.....but Kenny stood out like a beacon"[/quote]With already having previous for it I could see a big fine coming our way.I am sure we aren''t the only people making the link between him and Jez.[/quote]

Don''t see how anyone could prove the link though. We still have a manager and our board are on record as saying he''s going nowhere.[/quote]Well if that remains the case, there is no link to prove, obviously.If we lose Saturday and Jackett is appointed next week then it will look extremely suspicious.[/quote]

Yes it will look suspicious but not sure how anything could be proven and our case would be strengthened by the fact that we could point out he had already resigned when there was not even a job available at Norwich.[/quote]Yes but thats the whole basis of tapping up, isn''t it?Prior, private approaches.

[quote user="sonyc"]Just writing that last line makes me laugh! He has a great name really for comedic lines. But maybe it''s me thinking of all those fantastic Early Doors episodes ("Our Kenny"). Apologies for anyone for whom this has sailed way over their heads![/quote]

Crime won''t crack itself.