Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Canos

You ruin every thread you post in morty, will you ever f..k off you tedious dullard

morty wrote:

''''I''m not directly having a go at you, by the way, more the apparent codying of Canos.

Its literally Canary call stuff "May as well throw him in, he can''t do no worse.''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don''t think there has been any codying of him though. He came on against Bristol (I think) at the start of the season for 30 minutes and looked very lively. What''s more is that I don''t think his defensive side is too bad either, certainly no worse than either Murphy, so using that naivety as an excuse for him being dropped doesn''t suit. He hunts the ball down with eagerness and is plenty strong enough with the ball at his feet. I don''t believe he has looked out of his depth at all so far for us - maybe struggled to assert himself in a couple of fixtures, but no more so than either of the Murphy''s. He played 38 games for Brentford last season ffs!

I can''t be bothered to trawl back through the old posts but he was very well received on this forum in his first appearances for us, although I''m sure you know that really.

Can you honestly say that, given his early performances, you thought he was going to drop down the pecking order like a stone and not even make the sub''s bench anymore? I felt quite the opposite and thought he could compete with Jacob as a starter once he got himself playing more regularly. I have been both disappointed and mystified at his continuous absence from the team!

I find it frustrating that you immediately jump down Lessingham''s throat like he''s trying to pin every single fault with the club on Alex Neil, it''s just not the case. Fact is, this isn''t the first time in recent months that I''ve felt myself questioning a decision without finding a wholly convincing argument regarding why it was made.

How often have we bought a young prospect, introduced him to first team football to good receipt, and then dropped him completely out of the picture?

It''s just quite bizarre really and what better place to speculate and attempt to comprehend it all than a discussion forum?

I''m sure deep down you have felt a bit baffled over the decision too!

Discussing this and other questionable decisions that have been made recently doesn''t mean that I try to twist everything against him, I understand that there is a level of uncertainty that makes any such decision inconclusive. Canos could have a poor attitude in training that has merited his absence, for example.

But the more and more new situations of this nature crop up, the more and more I can''t help but feel like the common denominator for my feelings of confusion might be Alex Neil...

Or maybe our players are just a bunch of bell ends?

Alex neils transfers are mind blowing. Tony andrue is he still at the club? Naismith less said the better klosse now seems to have fallen out of favour Pritchard in and out of the side and canos never gets a sniff of the first team. Best part of £30m worth of players here. A club the size of Norwich has to make far better use of its resources

Its strange isn''t it for someone who sticks to a rigid formation week in week out he hasn''t bought the players to suit the formation.

I am really hoping that we rebalance well this january but it does ask the question of how we got it so wrong in the first place.

[quote user="Hank shoots Skyler"]morty wrote:

''''I''m not directly having a go at you, by the way, more the apparent codying of Canos.

Its literally Canary call stuff "May as well throw him in, he can''t do no worse.''''

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don''t think there has been any codying of him though. He came on against Bristol (I think) at the start of the season for 30 minutes and looked very lively. What''s more is that I don''t think his defensive side is too bad either, certainly no worse than either Murphy, so using that naivety as an excuse for him being dropped doesn''t suit. He hunts the ball down with eagerness and is plenty strong enough with the ball at his feet. I don''t believe he has looked out of his depth at all so far for us - maybe struggled to assert himself in a couple of fixtures, but no more so than either of the Murphy''s. He played 38 games for Brentford last season ffs!

I can''t be bothered to trawl back through the old posts but he was very well received on this forum in his first appearances for us, although I''m sure you know that really.

Can you honestly say that, given his early performances, you thought he was going to drop down the pecking order like a stone and not even make the sub''s bench anymore? I felt quite the opposite and thought he could compete with Jacob as a starter once he got himself playing more regularly. I have been both disappointed and mystified at his continuous absence from the team!

I find it frustrating that you immediately jump down Lessingham''s throat like he''s trying to pin every single fault with the club on Alex Neil, it''s just not the case. Fact is, this isn''t the first time in recent months that I''ve felt myself questioning a decision without finding a wholly convincing argument regarding why it was made.

How often have we bought a young prospect, introduced him to first team football to good receipt, and then dropped him completely out of the picture?

It''s just quite bizarre really and what better place to speculate and attempt to comprehend it all than a discussion forum?

I''m sure deep down you have felt a bit baffled over the decision too!

Discussing this and other questionable decisions that have been made recently doesn''t mean that I try to twist everything against him, I understand that there is a level of uncertainty that makes any such decision inconclusive. Canos could have a poor attitude in training that has merited his absence, for example.

But the more and more new situations of this nature crop up, the more and more I can''t help but feel like the common denominator for my feelings of confusion might be Alex Neil...

Or maybe our players are just a bunch of bell ends?[/quote]Literally all I am seeing is that we have bought a young developing player, who isn''t ready for a run in the first team.I am seeing no mystery regarding recruitment, or Alex Neil stubbornly not playing for some alleged reason.Does every single player we buy work out, immediately, or at all?Did you think we were buying some kind of finished article in Canos, do you honestly think Liverpool would have flogged him for 2.5m if he was?As for that last bit, you have just summed up why some people are called so.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Alex neils transfers are mind blowing. Tony andrue is he still at the club? Naismith less said the better klosse now seems to have fallen out of favour Pritchard in and out of the side and canos never gets a sniff of the first team. Best part of £30m worth of players here. A club the size of Norwich has to make far better use of its resources[/quote]So lets analyse that statement Yorkshire.Tony Andrue - Yep fair enough, but can you show me a football club where literally every single player works out?Naismiith - For whatever reason hasn''t been playing well, but has actually looked pretty good in the last two games.Pritchard played on Saturday, looked okay, but didn''t look like he should be starting every week, just yet.Klose - He has fallen out of favour because before he ws dropped he really wasn''t playing very well.There is no conspiracy theory, or terrible chain of calamities here Yorkshire, I suspect if you look at any football club, they all have similar situations as listed above.

Oh and I forgot madison loaned out all the time. He was one of league 1 shining lights last season now getting rave reviews in Scotland. We are championship now not pl. We cannot afford all this jam tomorrow . If the likes of maddison canos and Pritchard were on the books of a host of championship clubs they would be playing regularly.we bought klosse in January last season when we were desperate for points and didn''t play him for weeks because he wasn''t match fit there must have been a decent cb out there who was match fit Sam alladyce found one and it helped keep Sunderland up. The catalogue of mistakes is getting bigger by the day. The right new manager would get these players mentioned playing and playing well. We are far better than what is happening at the moment and with January coming Neil cannot be allowed to waste more money and make the same mistakes.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Oh and I forgot madison loaned out all the time. He was one of league 1 shining lights last season now getting rave reviews in Scotland. We are championship now not pl. We cannot afford all this jam tomorrow . If the likes of maddison canos and Pritchard were on the books of a host of championship clubs they would be playing regularly.we bought klosse in January last season when we were desperate for points and didn''t play him for weeks because he wasn''t match fit there must have been a decent cb out there who was match fit Sam alladyce found one and it helped keep Sunderland up. The catalogue of mistakes is getting bigger by the day. The right new manager would get these players mentioned playing and playing well. We are far better than what is happening at the moment and with January coming Neil cannot be allowed to waste more money and make the same mistakes.[/quote]Any stick that suits[:D]

Morty''s points above echo the sentiment that Neil has stated in the press that he''s relying on experience not youth to get us out of the rut we''re in. Judging by the performance at Derby (wasn''t there but from what I''ve read) and the score line that ethos could have paid dividends.

I do agree our transfer windows have been a sham and questions hang on the expensive Naismith and the game time of Pritchard BUT shoving on under-prepared or out of form youth because they''re young makes no sense.

Manager is working with what he''s got given injury, form and team formation and what works best with that. If Neil was that stubborn we wouldn''t have seen a 2nd half appearance of Lafferty on Sat would we?

I think the whole canos situation is really more simple than people are making out.

The Murphys have been better than expected and canos not quite what everyone expected... Yet.

For what it''s worth I''ve seen him play on 2 occasions for under 23''s and if i was a stranger would have never known he was a first team player.

I''m sure he''ll come good, long way to go yet.

Neil might be a stubborn Manager but I was at the AGM and he was pressurised by the questions asked re Lafferty and playing him regardless of the Derby result looks like a case of I TOLD YOU SO he is not good enough

Saw Canos the other week in the U23''s v Celtic and he didn''t stand out or work his arse off as you would expect somebody pushing for the first team to do. I don''t think it''s rocket science that there are plenty of players ahead of him in the pecking order.

[quote user="Gordon Bennett"]Saw Canos the other week in the U23''s v Celtic and he didn''t stand out or work his arse off as you would expect somebody pushing for the first team to do. I don''t think it''s rocket science that there are plenty of players ahead of him in the pecking order.[/quote]A mate of mine saw him in a previous game, and came to the same conclusion[Y]

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Amazing isn''t it? At Brentford he played 38 league games and looked superb. As did Pritchard the previous season when they reached the play offs. Then they both come to Norwich, get limited game time in a side that has lost 6 on the bounce, and look shadows of their former selves. That should tell you everything you need to know about Alex Neil and his coaching staff.[/quote]

I''m not normally a moaner but this is a very fair point and one I would like to have had answers to at the AGM. Both of these players have proven themselves over a long spell in this division yet apparently are not good enough for a starting position in Alex Neil''s unperforming Norwich team.

It is more than a little bizarre. Did he not really want them in the first place?

Did you guys actually bother reading any of the rest of the thread? Including the guy on the previous page saying he had watched Canos in the U23''s, and he really didn''t look like a player pushing for the first team?

I just think it was indicative of our transfer policy, we have bought too many players who play in the same positions and are short in other areas.

You cant play them all at the same time so we have quality players not being utilised.

Hopefully we can get this sorted in january with the great rebalancing.

Everyone has views on players and who should/should not be in the team. The only opinion that counts is that of the Manager. He lives or dies by the results he achieves. AN is on borrowed time and, if points are not won in the near future, he will be on his bike.

[quote user="Bagster"]I just think it was indicative of our transfer policy, we have bought too many players who play in the same positions and are short in other areas.

You cant play them all at the same time so we have quality players not being utilised.

Hopefully we can get this sorted in january with the great rebalancing.[/quote]I think the crux of it all was Brady not going, as expected, in the summer. Unfortunately not something that was in the club''s control.Had he gone Pritchard would have been getting more game time.Also the Murphys, have emerged, possibly was quicker than was envisaged. Perhaps it wasn''t expected that Hoolahan would remain as fit as he has.I have a certain sympathy for the situation, rather than assume its all bad planning.

Sorry Morty but that just stinks of poor planning.

You don''t spend £8m on a player because you might sell someone else unless you''ve got a bottemless pit of money to spend. And even with Brady gone we''d have still been well overstocked- Murphy x 2, Canos, Wes, Naismith, Jarvis to come back and Maddison still in the squad before he arrived.

The summers recruitment was (yet again) a mess with £15m spent on four players who haven''t been able to nail down a starting place, two of which were in an area we were already really well stocked in, while our creaking defence was left untouched.

[quote user="king canary"]Right. I take that to mean your incapable of actually having a debate.[/quote]It means I disagree with you, and theres no debate to be had.I think they had a plan, and it was scuppered by not offloading Brady, you don''t.Neither of us, ultimately, will be proven correct.