Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

Canos

Not even making the bench now, bet he wishes he was not making the bench at Liverpool. At least he would get decent training.

Judging how long it took Pritchard to get near the first team after how he did last year, I''ve done some rough maths and figure it''ll be about 3 years before Canos plays a game for us...

Looked good in all the cup games, obviously I don''t see him in training, but it is a bit odd

Amazing isn''t it? At Brentford he played 38 league games and looked superb. As did Pritchard the previous season when they reached the play offs. Then they both come to Norwich, get limited game time in a side that has lost 6 on the bounce, and look shadows of their former selves. That should tell you everything you need to know about Alex Neil and his coaching staff.

[quote user="Keith Scott"]Amazing isn''t it? At Brentford he played 38 league games and looked superb. As did Pritchard the previous season when they reached the play offs. Then they both come to Norwich, get limited game time in a side that has lost 6 on the bounce, and look shadows of their former selves. That should tell you everything you need to know about Alex Neil and his coaching staff.[/quote]

100% this

[quote user="VanWink"]Mismanagement at its best unfortunately.

Anybody know why be bought him if he''s so cr@p?[/quote]

He''s not. It''s the manager who''s cr@p.

Well he''s not injury prone like Vadis. But we seem obsessed about buying players and not playing them.

Thought Canos looked great in the cup games. Another mystery why he doesn''t get a chance in the 1st eleven when they''re all playing so badly, and we look so imbalanced

Why do Alex Neil buy players for and waste money is beyond me sooner the doughnut goes the better

It''s a fair point, or have we simply not spent in the right areas. Signing Pritchard and Canos was all good and well, but when we have the two Murphys, Brady, Naismith and even sometimes Howson and with the more experienced Jarvis coming back from injury, it does beg the question of whether we needed to sign these players, and should have used the money to buy a 20-goal striker, or a decent defence instead.

But, y''know, hindsight is a wonderful thing... (not that most city supports have been saying we needed a striker and defenders from beyond a season ago...)

''not up to speed yet''

Eh? He was playing at the start of the season for us, and playing well too. Looked a massive prospect for us for the future, but also a player who would be contributing plenty this season! Something has clearly gone wrong here.. disappointed with how things have unfolded.

He''s put in some decent performances with a lot of heart, which is exactly what we need right now. And I have no doubt that by getting a run in the team he would soon come into the form that made him an absolute hit at Brentford. It seems like he''s been completely frozen out which is slightly concerning if that is the case.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Didn''t he sign them ?[/quote]Yeah you''re right, case closed.Because its never happened that a player has worked out somewhere, but not somewhere else, has it?Or a player hasn''t "clicked" and lost confidence / form.Not once.Ever.

Well two good young talents who have proven they can perform at this level both signed by Neil and not making and impact players fault or management team ? Given lots of other players are not performing either gives a very good clue

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Well two good young talents who have proven they can perform at this level both signed by Neil and not making and impact players fault or management team ? Given lots of other players are not performing either gives a very good clue[/quote]No it really doesn''t.Unless you''re desperate to make the connection.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Not case closed, not sure what point your trying to make?, over £10m is a lot for 2 players, why sign them if don''t think they are going to fit ?[/quote]No idea, but I won''t massively negatively speculate just yet.The whole side is playing badly just now, and pretty every much everyones rule one of bringing young players in, is that you don''t do it when you''re playing badly.

Well my point obviously got lost in translation then, i was suggesting in response to a comment that Warburton would get a tune of these 2 players, as per his past record with them.

One of the biggest disappointments about Alex (and i would love it if he could turn it around) has been his signings, i don''t get how the majority of players he signs are never deemed fit enough to come straight in, and then we never see them, with just a few exceptions (McGovern, Klose and Brady) to name a few.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Hope the casserole comes out ok, or we will blame him for that as well.[/quote]You probably will.[:)]