Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

mbokani sees red

Quality player on his day. but that rarely ever happens.

If he had the application of Jerome he could be a starter at somewhere like Stoke/Everton/Southampton. He doesn''t really seem interested to me though and strikes me as a player who''s all about the money.

But he wouldn''t get in those sides though, would he?

He''s a bottom end Prem player. Hence us and Hull.

If he was younger, he may well be at one of those clubs. He certainly did well in a poor team for us and scored some good goals, however, there''s going to be better options out there than him. I kinda lost interest in him when he turned us down in the summer a held out for a Prem side. A shame Hull went in for him really.

A decent lower end premiership player, I suspect he''s suffering from the same lack of service at Hull that he had with us.

I always felt sorry for him because when he was trying to hold up the ball waiting for support (= a lot) the refs always seemed to let the CBs manhandle him to a ridiculous degree. 

Looking back AN should probably have decided which of Mbokani or Jerome was his first choice, reasonably early on, and given that striker an extended run in the team.  Chopping and changing between them can''t have helped.

[quote user="YorkshirePudding"]He did well for us with the opportunities he had.[/quote]

7 goals in an entire season, several of them coming in last few games. Define what doing well means.

I''d say all did poorly for us that season!