Sign in to follow this  
Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

So what are you actually going to do about it Alex Neil?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]Two different things.End of.[/quote]

Suit yourself. Losing that argument are we? Sorry I forgot, you can''t put up a reasoned argument. Just slag off LDC instead.[/quote]Just as well you didn''t get in a pi$$ing contest about it mate.[:)][/quote]

Not with my bladder I won''t. . . Mind you, seeing as you are a knowall, . .

[quote user="bristolcanary"]No. I only post about my club apart from to ask you to wind your over extended neck in.[/quote]I''m frankly seeing more of the latter.Please stay on topic and respect my opinion.

So, for the THIRD time of asking, who would the "2" be? Jerome plus whom?

The fact we don''t have two strikers worthy of the name might indicate why we stick with variants of 4-x-x-1...

That''s the point. I am not interested in what you see laddie.

On topic, we can play any formation we choose as we have a strong squad. 3 at the back? Yes. Diamond or other 4 4 2 ? Of course. Any pub team can.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]That''s the point. I am not interested in what you see laddie.

On topic, we can play any formation we choose as we have a strong squad. 3 at the back? Yes. Diamond or other 4 4 2 ? Of course. Any pub team can.[/quote]Great stuff[Y]

Oliviera hasn''t done much to earn a start though has he?

Lafferty appears to be ahead in AN''s thoughts.

Morris must be wondering what he has to do.

If you don''t have a plausible 2 up front then you shouldn''t play 2 up front. Hence cramming the midfield, I reckon.

I still think Naismith "could" do it.

A very interesting debate on the best formation, which I think we have had on other threads, so back to the original question, has Alex Neil developed as far as he can as a manager?.

With regard to the formation question, I personally think that we do not really have a squad suited to 4-4-2. I think one up top is fine, the key is not allowing that one to get isolated which means we need to have players that can run beyond the centre forward and have the players to defend in front the defence when we are attacking, I think that is what AN is trying to do/instill but for whatever reason it is not working.

Back to Alex Neil, my personal opinion of him is that he has reached his plateau as a manager and he is not going to get better, one of the areas he really needs to improve upon is his game management skills and being able to change things around within a game to positively effect the result in our favour.....

We are not only capable of playing one up front. We can play however we want to set up. AN chooses to play the way he does because he believes in it. I don''t think it''s a terrible formation but he needs to be able to vary it especially mid game.

See I disagree Bristol, I don''t think we can play anyway we want, at least not effectively. Sure we could role the team out in a 4-4-2 but it''s going to involve a severe lack of pace upfront and the benching of our most creative outlets.

[quote user="king canary"]See I disagree Bristol, I don''t think we can play anyway we want, at least not effectively. Sure we could role the team out in a 4-4-2 but it''s going to involve a severe lack of pace upfront and the benching of our most creative outlets.[/quote][Y]

Can I point out the diamond is a derivative of 4-4-2 but its not really worth an argument!

Anyway, I think the 2 up top would be Jerome and Oliveira. Whilst the latter has struggled a bit I think he has mostly played as part of a two man strike force at previous clubs

[quote user="hogesar"]Can I point out the diamond is a derivative of 4-4-2 but its not really worth an argument!

Anyway, I think the 2 up top would be Jerome and Oliveira. Whilst the latter has struggled a bit I think he has mostly played as part of a two man strike force at previous clubs[/quote]No it isn''t.And it clearly is.[:)]

I''d go with Jerome & Oliveira if Wes is threading balls through.

Traditional 442 I reckon Naismith could play with Jerome or Oliveira.

Threading balls through? Those two won''t have enough pace to take advantage of a nicely weighted through ball. If you''re playing those two up top surely the game plan has to be about getting the ball out wide and chucking crosses in?

They''ve got more pace than Lafferty and Naismith even if those two were on speed. The best of the four to play that role is Oliveira. You need pace over the first 5 yards. He has that. If you want pace over 50 yards resign The Doc. Josh could play there too and I notice it''s been tried once or twice in U23 games.
As an aside Kieran Higgs came on tonight and played up top with Morris. Last I saw him I thought he was a winger.

A quick google search this morning and indeed numerous articles referring to a diamond midfield as a 4-4-2. If you''d have asked Lambert what formation he played in with us in the Chanpionship then no doubt he would have said a 4-4-2 diamond.

I thought you had better things to do with your life than spending your time on an internet forum arguing about such trivial matters?[:D]

Todays formations team shape is all about pace

if you look at the best midfielders they will be on the edge of the box if attacking or defending because they get box to box quickly

thats why one up frot does not work for us because we play 7 defence minded players Gk RB LB 2 X CB 2 X DM

So that leaves 4 of our players LM AM RM Striker to fight it out when we attack

now if the 2 xDM had real pace they could join in the attack but ours are not blessed with that pace

also the whole team is sitting so deep they are to far away when we do hit on the break to get up the field to help the attacking 4

if you have pace in the team formations can change in a instant it takes us far to long mean we are not fluid enough

golden rule is a ball moves quicker than any player but the player has to use pace to get to the ball first to use it

So we''re in agreement Kingo that the 2 most suited would be Jerome and Oliveira.

At no point did I suggest we should play the diamond. I was just trying to fit the current players in to that scenaro.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]A quick google search this morning and indeed numerous articles referring to a diamond midfield as a 4-4-2. If you''d have asked Lambert what formation he played in with us in the Chanpionship then no doubt he would have said a 4-4-2 diamond.[/quote]I can do this all day mate[;)]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/9020690.stm

[quote user="morty"]For the love of God KG, can you not see how pathetically whiny you look right now?

[/quote]

I am an atheist.

You "fella" just cannot see what a complete fool you are.

Nothing to contribute except ruining a good thread with your constant digs at people.

We aren''t interested that you found a good beer or got some tickets.

We are here to debate all things to do with NCFC. But as you appear to have little or no knowledge of football I suggest the next time you are about to get stuck into LDC or someone, just take a deep breath and think about the immature, banal and most frequently incorrect you have said and try turning s new leaf and maybe becoming a poster that everyone might like and respect.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]For the love of God KG, can you not see how pathetically whiny you look right now?

[/quote]

I am an atheist.

Nothing to contribute except ruining a good thread with your constant digs at people.

We are here to debate all things to do with NCFC. But as you appear to have little or no knowledge of football I suggest the next time you are about to get stuck into LDC or someone, just take a deep breath and think about the immature, banal and most frequently incorrect you have said and try turning s new leaf and maybe becoming a poster that everyone might like and respect.[/quote]Brilliant.So you have basically spent the last two days lecturing me on how I should behave here, yet proclaim you are only here to debate all things NCFC?Righty ho[Y]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]For the love of God KG, can you not see how pathetically whiny you look right now?

[/quote]

I am an atheist.

We are here to debate all things to do with NCFC. But as you appear to have little or no knowledge of football I suggest the next time you are about to get stuck into LDC or someone, just take a deep breath and think about the immature, banal and most frequently incorrect you have said and try turning s new leaf and maybe becoming a poster that everyone might like and respect.[/quote]Brilliant.So you have basically spent the last two days lecturing me on how I should behave here, yet proclaim you are only here to debate all things NCFC?Righty ho[Y][/quote]

I was perfectly happy to debate formations, lines up in the sensible until you turned it into a slanging match. Choose your words more carefully. Stop the bullying remarks and debate things without resource to abuse.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]For the love of God KG, can you not see how pathetically whiny you look right now?

[/quote]

I am an atheist.

We are here to debate all things to do with NCFC. But as you appear to have little or no knowledge of football I suggest the next time you are about to get stuck into LDC or someone, just take a deep breath and think about the immature, banal and most frequently incorrect you have said and try turning s new leaf and maybe becoming a poster that everyone might like and respect.[/quote]Brilliant.So you have basically spent the last two days lecturing me on how I should behave here, yet proclaim you are only here to debate all things NCFC?Righty ho[Y][/quote]

I was perfectly happy to debate formations, lines up in the sensible until you turned it into a slanging match. Choose your words more carefully. Stop the bullying remarks and debate things without resource to abuse.[/quote]Take your patronising lecture, and shove it[Y]No you were perfectly happy to debate, as long as I conceded that you were correct. If you don''t like people disagreeing with you, then perhaps discussion forums aren''t for you.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"][quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="morty"]For the love of God KG, can you not see how pathetically whiny you look right now?

[/quote]

I am an atheist.

I was perfectly happy to debate formations, lines up in the sensible until you turned it into a slanging match. Choose your words more carefully. Stop the bullying remarks and debate things without resource to abuse.[/quote]Take your patronising lecture, and shove it[Y]No you were perfectly happy to debate, as long as I conceded that you were correct. If you don''t like people disagreeing with you, then perhaps discussion forums aren''t for you.[/quote]

My goodness I have endured some stupid, egoistic people but you really can''t see it can you.

I am happy to discuss things all day, and of course I believe I''m right or I wouldn''t put forward the proposal in the first place, and quite willing to appreciate, not necessarily agree, on the different points without recourse to abuse.

But you never put a balanced counter proposal, you would rather tell people to pull up their girly pants. Sad.