Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Bassong interview

We''ll that''s not the Seb Bassong I see Rudolph. How can you glean all that from radio Norfolk? What was different about his interviews in that first season?

[quote user="Morgan"]I think people mistake Bassong''s attitude. He seems to me just blasé and laid back. People mistake that for arrogance.[/quote]Is that any better?  I think I would prefer a bit of arrogance in a player than someone being too blase'' or laid back.  I sometimes think modern footballers are way too laid back for their own good.  What we need is players showing a bit of gumption.  I don''t mind Bassong being whatever he is, as long as he looks the part on the pitch. At his best, he does look the part, but for him to be respected week in week out, he needs to show it a bit more often.

Bassong was a top player in that first season which over-rode his getting arrested for having a weapon in London and posing online with a toy gun as he did the business on the pitch. A lot of top footballers get away with stupidity because of their performances - managers too as I see from certain posters wanting Allardyce. Bassong was in that category.

But he is error prone and when you look at those errors which have cost us, complacency is at the core. Caught in possession, dawdling on the ball. He doesn''t seem to learn and that interview summed it up.

It also typifies the ''mental fragility'' Mark Robins referred to within our under-achieving squad.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Bassong was a top player in that first season which over-rode his getting arrested for having a weapon in London and posing online with a toy gun as he did the business on the pitch. A lot of top footballers get away with stupidity because of their performances - managers too as I see from certain posters wanting Allardyce. Bassong was in that category.

But he is error prone and when you look at those errors which have cost us, complacency is at the core. Caught in possession, dawdling on the ball. He doesn''t seem to learn and that interview summed it up.

It also typifies the ''mental fragility'' Mark Robins referred to within our under-achieving squad.[/quote]That gun thing is such trivia.Fact is, a lot of footballers are thick as mince.

Lakey, I''m just saying Bassong gets a lot of flak for being arrogant and ''not caring''. In my eyes he does give a damn, he''s come in from the cold into a defence that''s a wilting flower. He may no longer be Prem quality but as a Champ CB he''s up there. To expect him to prevent further losses after 2 games is wishful thinking, especially alongside Bennett. Give him a few more games and I reckon he''ll become the rock we''ve experienced before. People might say we don''t have that time, but in my eyes we''re aiming for play offs now.

This is the point im making Rudolph. He was the same player that first season when he was your avatar. He was given the captaincy on the strength of that season. His attitude didn''t suddenly change that second season.

What I''ve always thought about Bassong is that he''s a team player. This was evident when he did the fans forum with Martin and Mulumbu at the beginning of last season. Certainly wasn''t arrogant. And my take on the interview was him defending his team mates. Better than the one where Russ attacked his team mates although not as well received by fans.

Interesting comparison to Russ Martin, Nutty and a well made point.

The good news is we are all going to find out and if he can be the catalyst for clean sheets it''s all to the good.

It is still spin by the Club to run this further article though as they must know his post match interview was a disaster.

Morgan said,

Give him a few more games and I reckon he''ll become the rock we''ve experienced before.

You see, I remember him being a liability, and a sick note, lying on the grass every game "it hurts, it hurts, take me off"

Sorry if I''m being slow here - my reaction is always to look away form the slow motion car crash that has been our club of late. Which means no tv, no highlights and very little pinkun. I just check each Saturday to see if we have lost again, before returning to my self enforced exile from football!

Sooo... I don''t know things like why, for example, KLOSE is out of the squad. I''ve not read that he is injured (but may have missed it). Or has Neil decided to rest him having determined his head''s not right at the moment?