Sign in to follow this  
Alan

The path is youth

Its time to let go or sell a number of the older squad players. ( Actually it''s past that time) If there are injuries then bring in one of the youngsters and see how they do.

They should at least be fully committed to trying to prove themselves and put in 100% effort.

There will be a financial loss this year even with a large parachute payment.

Some players who have had contract extensions and some others hardly ever play and in terms of cost per minute played must be some of the most expensive at the club.

All the youth teams at U18, U21 and U23 are doing well.

Some of those players must be there or thereabouts .

It''s time to give players like Thompson and Godfrey a try.

When Thompson played he has done well but strangely not kept his place.

[quote user="Alan"]Its time to let go or sell a number of the older squad players. ( Actually it''s past that time) If there are injuries then bring in one of the youngsters and see how they do.

They should at least be fully committed to trying to prove themselves and put in 100% effort.

There will be a financial loss this year even with a large parachute payment.

Some players who have had contract extensions and some others hardly ever play and in terms of cost per minute played must be some of the most expensive at the club.

All the youth teams at U18, U21 and U23 are doing well.

Some of those players must be there or thereabouts .

It''s time to give players like Thompson and Godfrey a try.

When Thompson played he has done well but strangely not kept his place.[/quote]Hasn''t Thompson been injured?I think you''ll see quite a few yoof introduced throughout the season.

Thompson has been injured but when fit is probably one of the first on the team sheet for me!!!

When we get Thompson, Howson and Pinto back we will see a totally different side to the shambles that has been on show recently.

Thompson has been unlucky because he played very well but then picked an injury. I''m sure we''ll certainly see more of him this season. I think it''s a shame Toffolo is a LB, because with Pinto out had he been at the club he might have played a game or two by now as well. Godfrey is certainly getting on the fringes, but sadly he''s well behind Thompson in terms of playing experience and will probably need a few loans before he can progress.

Maddison, another one, who if Naismith had left would be in the squad but is raising eyebrows up north so I''ve no doubt may well play a part if he comes back here in January.

The Murphy''s have made excellent progress to this point and will continue to play an important part. I''m not sure if we''ll see Morris get a game though.

But at the same time let''s be realistic. It is all about the right mix of experience and youth. Besides, everyone knows you can''t win anything with kids, right?

Im sure Alex Neil would love to sell some of the older squad players. Maybe even give them away. But unfortunately the only way out would be to buy back their contracts.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Im sure Alex Neil would love to sell some of the older squad players. Maybe even give them away. But unfortunately the only way out would be to buy back their contracts.[/quote]To quote the man himself:“Everybody simplifies it. People came up to me after the AGM and said,

‘why don’t we just buy this guy and get rid of him?,’ and I say to them,

‘that is fine but if you are getting paid x, y or z are you just going

to walk out of the door?’ Of course not.”