Sign in to follow this  
morty

Howson!

Despite the pressure on him, this is where Neil needs to take a brave long term decision. If he can''t afford to rush Howson back for a short term fix and risk losing him for a much longer stretch.

AWESOME!

To be fair in between the actual football there''s been a lot of good news! Excited for tomorrow..

[quote user="Jacko"]Despite the pressure on him, this is where Neil needs to take a brave long term decision. If he can''t afford to rush Howson back for a short term fix and risk losing him for a much longer stretch.[/quote]I don''t think it was that type of injury.He had some floating bone removed from his ankle, it has been bothering him for a while.

From the presser :-

Howson has been training and is ready.

Jerome and Tettey touch and go.

Thompson out.

Targetting the Swansea game on Tuesday for Jarvis.

Good player of course and good to see him back from injury, but shouldn''t be considered the reason for our poor results. At his best is excellent, but is also can nbe ineffective at times. His return should be a boost to the team though - and we need him on form!

[quote user="Woodman"]Jerome and Tettey doubtful. Oliveira or Lafferty up top?[/quote]I wonder if theres a bit of gamesmanship from the manager there, and we''ll see Jerome tomorrow.

Big decision for Neil, Howson going back in the side (especially with the absence of Tettey and Thompson) would improve our play so much but if he puts him in too early and aggrevates his ankle after the operation, then he may face a further spell out on the sidelines. Worth the risk IMO for how desperate we are for a win.

This is unexpected and excellent news as we have struggled for options the last couple of games - the ed balls scd curse has been lifted.

Hopfully he will come back as the 15-16 model rather than the lack lustre 16-17 model that was eventually dropped for the wolves game.

with no thompson and howson rolled out we could see a dorrans / howson deep sitting pair; although it i suspect it will be a full move for experience over youth with dorrans and mulumbu deep and howson replacing jacob for 60 mins in as he gets back to match fitness.

not so good about cam though, the options are not in the same class and we havent won a league game without him starting yet this season

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson (our best back 4 in my opinion)

Mulumbu Dorrans

Howson Wes Brady

Jerome

Subs from: McGovern, Bennett, Bassong, Whitaker, Tettey, Murphy x2, Naismith, Pritchard, Lafferty, Oliveira

Suddenly looks a very strong team and bench!

Three big players for us, Howson, Pinto and Jerome. All three fit and we must have every chance. Feels like a bit of the gloom is lifting!

[quote user="Woodman"]Ruddy

Mulumbu Dorrans

Howson Wes Brady

Jerome

Subs from: McGovern, Bennett, Bassong, Whitaker, Tettey, Murphy x2, Naismith, Pritchard, Lafferty, Oliveira

Suddenly looks a very strong team and bench![/quote]I agree about that being our strongest back 4 on paper, but I thought the defence was pretty good last week, may be a bit harsh to drop most of them!I think its time to drop Wes, and let Pritchard start in his place.

I would agree with that back 4, but not sure that bassong will be dropped.

Jeromes a back injury and if there is a chance of aggravating it I suspect he will not start.

I do think the will stick to his principles and stay with one up top - probably

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Klose Olsson

Mulumbu Dorrans

Not sure which of the mis-firing front 4 will start; jacob and pinto work well, if pinto not ready i would start howson wide for the extra defensive shield he brings; the wes or pritchard and brady or naismith?? Probably Nelson up top.

[quote user="Woodman"]Ruddy

Mulumbu Dorrans

Howson Wes Brady

Jerome

Suddenly looks a very strong team and bench![/quote]

Oh, and I forgot Canos!

[quote user="Woodman"][quote user="Woodman"]Ruddy

Mulumbu Dorrans

Howson Wes Brady

Jerome

Suddenly looks a very strong team and bench![/quote]

Oh, and I forgot Canos![/quote]Seems like Alex Neil has too[;)]

Howson is one of those players who kind of goes unnoticed. Very good when he''s on form and we will be a better side with him back. Not good news to hear CJ isn''t fully fit, but I wonder if we''ll see him anyway, seems miles ahead of Laffs and Olive as the best option up front. Pinto being back is another massive positive, by far our best RB. I think Dorrans has been good this season too.

Let''s hope this is the start of a turnaround with a good performance and more importantly a WIN! (I''ve almost forgotten what one of those feels like)

If Howson is fit, I think he should start. If he burns out or is injured then so be it. If he comes on as sub and the re are no ill effects we may have wasted an hour waiting for him.

And I believe he should play in the middle, his best position. It has been too easy to shuffle him about to accommodate the far less talented Tettey.

Wes may well have to sit out the first half and let Naismith push on nearer whoever the front player is.