Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Football finance so wrong!

Just watching Macclesfield and tonight''s game will generate £72,000 which means they can pay their wages for the rest of the season!

Won''t cover Naismith wages for a month! Never mind Rooney''s £250,000 a week.

Sometimes I really hate where football has gone!

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]£72,000 for eleven guys wages for a season? That''s not even minimum wage.[/quote]

Maybe they are all on zero hours contracts?

All on contracts till December then up for renewal apparently. They run with 56 match day volunteers to get the games on.

Just sums up how we should appreciate how good we have it here.

right or "wrong" the reason wayne rooney earns 300,000 a week is because he generates considerably more, whether its in tv revenue or prize money (due to the goals he scores/scored/assists/high level of performance) or even more likely due to the number of shirts his name sells in asia alone. If you think man utd dont whore his ar53 and profit themselves youre a bit naive

how can you say you hate it yet buy the merchandise, tickets, tv subscriptions etc

its big business, success needs money even though it doesnt guarantee it , shame the board still havnt worked it out yet

nah the crazy old inbred bag in charge needs to just realise its not 1998 anymore and if she genuinely had the clubs best interest at heart and wanted to leave them with a fighting chance shed sell to someone that can afford to run a club in 2016

[quote user="iron_stan"]nah the crazy old inbred bag in charge needs to just realise its not 1998 anymore and if she genuinely had the clubs best interest at heart and wanted to leave them with a fighting chance shed sell to someone that can afford to run a club in 2016[/quote]Lovely[:D]

I agree finances in football make no sense whatsoever, even maggie didnt say businesses should make loads of money and then pay out more than they make.

The often quoted wayne rooney scenario is also not applicable unless all the teams have a wayne rooney.

Football teams are more than businesses they are community assets and should be kept that way.

In a few years time there will be a prem 1 and prem 2 and the rest of whats left will drift into a semi professional game.

Our country becomes more and more divided every year and in my view this is unhealthy. Football shines a spotlight on this fact but many or most of us choose to ignore it as after all its football isnt it.

But are we (NCFC) in the 99% or the 1%? And would we/do we feel comfortable as part of an overpaid, over-privileged minority?

Just a ballooned up version of regular society. Apt that someone quoted Thatcher. Football, just like life is in no way an idyllic meritocracy. Should RVW have been able to earn, probably 10x the amount Grant Holt did in his entire career so far? Nope but such is life, it tends to be deeply unfair.

We could filter more money down into the lower divisions without clubs at the top feeling even the slightest sting. But we all know that''s unlikely to happen. Simply televising more FL games would be a start!

On another note. I also see the league reforming into a PL 1 and 2 with a lot of clubs then getting cut adrift in semi pro leagues. That''s worrying to me as I really do wonder whether the FA/media even consider us one of the top 40/44 biggest clubs in the only aspect that means anything to them- finance. Media profile and how ''interesting'' we are to neutrals may also factor but we probably score pretty low there too :P

If we don''t get back up in a couple of years we''ll be amongst the poorest teams in the Championship. It would be a nightmare to see us stuck in the English equivalent of Serie C

This has turned into a good thread with some great posts. People who continually criticise our community never seem to appreciate some of the brilliant contributions like this. 
I love the analogy comparing football to life. I totally see that and have done for as long as I can remember. The ownership model we have is close to how I live my life. And I can see where the opposite model is close to the way others live theirs. There is no right or wrong in this. And what happens in the future is out of our hands. If we end up being owned by the Chinese and ultimately playing the odd game in China I would still support the club because it''s what I do. I dare say some supporters would then take a leaf out of Man Utds book and try and form a new club for the people". FC Norwich?
Our football is slowly losing its identity. If you stand against that it''s seen as border racism or xenaphobia. And yet many of the same people who craze for our football to lose it''s identity were quite vociferous in the brexit debate trying to stop our country not losing it''s identity in the same way. 
Where do we go with this? Well if we carry on in this vein, which I have no doubt we will, then ultimately whoever pays the piper calls the tune. And where this has been Sky TV for many years that will change as there becomes a small group of clubs owned by the richest people in the world. And whatever the ownership strategy of our club becomes we will never part of that small group.
Oh for the days of the Football League. But I guess pining for that is just being "little old football".