Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Anything less than 3 points tommorrow and I want Neil gone.

I think much will depend on the nature of the performance. Unless we have absolute stinker I honestly can''t see the board taking any action.

[quote user="Jacko"]I think much will depend on the nature of the performance. Unless we have absolute stinker I honestly can''t see the board taking any action.[/quote]
Bull, 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less. Fed the F@@k up. 3 points. F@@k the performance.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="morty"]Your demands are noted.[/quote]
Fab.
[/quote]Your fab is also noted.

To be fair I think plenty are in the same camp as you.

Luckily we''re gonna tear Brentford a new one so it won''t matter*

*Im trying this whole fake confidence thing

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]
And please don''t think a draw would be a good result FFS.
[/quote]Perhaps you could run onto the pitch and confront the managerI''m sure there is some kindly soul who could point out where Carrow Road is

I''ve been hearing that for about 5 weeks.

We''ll lose, as per, everyone will go mental, the club will go quiet and everything will calm down slightly before the next game. Then everyone will go "if we don''t win he''s gotta gooo".

And repeat.

We are in danger of Hughton territory where we get a result and then stumble along to the next mini crisis.

Bottom line for me is that we have shown no sign of progress since promotion last season, and as far as I am concerned the Neil gamble has failed. Sad that it has turned out this way but time to move on.

This time 2 years ago we had 27 points from 19 games. Now we have 27 points from 19. So in that time despite getting rid of chat show Adams and Premier league money we have gone precisely nowhere. And Bassong and Martin still at the heart of our defence.

Surely its time to just admit it isn''t working and get on with reviving things. All this faffing around isn''t doing us any favours in my mind and CR seems to have become a place where 27K people go for a little snooze and 2 hours to check email.

The longer Neil stays manager the quicker we''ll end up in league one.

I think it''s wrong to decide the fate of a manager or player on one particular game.  I think AN''s performance should be assessed over a reasonably long term, and for me looking back to the start of 2016 there have been consistent problems which have not been rectified, nor is there any sign he knows what to do to solve them.  Therefore I think the time has come for a change.

The only way tomorrow''s game would change that would be if the team performance showed that those problems can be solved, so I''d be looking for a well-organised defence, a high-energy performance from the midfield, the central midfielders to work together to ensure they''re supporting attacks while covering each other, good cooperation and cover between the fullbacks and the flank players ahead of them, plenty of movement off the ball, and closing down when we don''t have it, and incisive confident attacking.

In other words, the sort of performance we regularly saw under AN in his first 6-9 months... but very rarely in 2016.

I am pretty confident of a win tomorrow

I too have been calling for Neil to go but not so sure now. I will give him until the end of feb when he has had time to rebalance the squad.

With where the squad is at the moment I think another year in the championship would be beneficial to the youngsters.

So I am just going to relax and enjoy the footie for a bit:)

[quote user="Bagster"]I am pretty confident of a win tomorrow

I too have been calling for Neil to go but not so sure now. I will give him until the end of feb when he has had time to rebalance the squad.

With where the squad is at the moment I think another year in the championship would be beneficial to the youngsters.

So I am just going to relax and enjoy the footie for a bit:)[/quote][Y]

He has the clear backing of the Board so it will take more than one more poor home performance to shift him. I think he will make it to Xmas and form only has to improve slightly to see him making it to the end of the season.A loss tomorrow could see the crowd begin to turn but there is scant evidence of a massive groundswell so far.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bagster"]I am pretty confident of a win tomorrow

So I am just going to relax and enjoy the footie for a bit:)[/quote][Y][/quote]
Eh? This is the problem I have. It''s lovely sentiment, but football doesn''t work like that. If you can guarantee we go up next year that''s fine. But since we can''t, we can''t afford to just ''sit back'' and let this season fizz out into nothing-ness. We also can''t afford to keep this form, or even similar form, up until February as that will all but guarantee we don''t finish in the play-offs.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bagster"]I am pretty confident of a win tomorrow

So I am just going to relax and enjoy the footie for a bit:)[/quote][Y][/quote]
Eh? This is the problem I have. It''s lovely sentiment, but football doesn''t work like that. If you can guarantee we go up next year that''s fine. But since we can''t, we can''t afford to just ''sit back'' and let this season fizz out into nothing-ness. We also can''t afford to keep this form, or even similar form, up until February as that will all but guarantee we don''t finish in the play-offs.
[/quote]Of course there are absolutely no guarantees in football, but if the board are, pretty much, unequivocally backing Alex Neil, what you gonna do?We pretty much have to put up with it, in the hope they know what they are doing.But obviously this run can''t go on for ever, and no matter what they say, they will act if it doesn''t turn around soon.

I somewhat over optimistically predicted a draw at QPR followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford. We are underachieving even against that benchmark.

I suspect we will set up as if we''re playing Barcelona tomorrow, notwithstanding the dire run Brentford are on. We will lose 0-1. The board will take no action.

We will go on to beat Barnsley next week before a run of desperate results which will see us firmly sucked into the relegation mire. During January the board will act.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I somewhat over optimistically predicted a draw at QPR followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford. We are underachieving even against that benchmark.

I suspect we will set up as if we''re playing Barcelona tomorrow, notwithstanding the dire run Brentford are on. We will lose 0-1. The board will take no action.

We will go on to beat Barnsley next week before a run of desperate results which will see us firmly sucked into the relegation mire. During January the board will act.[/quote]

I think the meteorite hitting Carrow Road may affect things as wellWith Delia taking over as temporary pope over Xmas it maybe that the board will not act until after then

ps it''s a good job there are postsers like you to keep things real

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I somewhat over optimistically predicted a draw at QPR followed by defeats against Derby and Brentford. We are underachieving even against that benchmark.

We will go on to beat Barnsley next week before a run of desperate results which will see us firmly sucked into the relegation mire. During January the board will act.[/quote]
Yeah, that''s our Highland! [:|]

I think it is time for Neil to go.

After a period of time virtually all managers get stale and lose the edge that they once had.

They need time out to recuperate and assess things and think about things that could have been done differently, then they can often come back and be successful again.

Chris Houghton has done it at Brighton.

If he had not had the break and had stayed here I don''t think that would have happened.

I think it''s time for Neil to take a break.

Delia and her cronies are hanging on to Neil''s past glories. None of them can see that after a few weeks in the premier league the players sussed him out. He has blown millions of pounds to boot.

It''s like living down wind of a sewage works with the stench of bin that wafts over here some days.

Morty asked one poster what he/she will do about getting rid of AN.

I don''t think that just because one has a different opinion means necessarily that you should, or can, do anything about it. My opinion is that Donald Trump is not going to be a good US president. He has been elected and there is nothing I can do to change that. Similarly with Brexit.

In my opinion the board should replace AN. But that doesn''t mean that I am going to run about with placards just because they don''t agree with me. I don''t think he should be manager. They do. They make the decision. I live with it. AN may think Brady is better than Olsson at LB. I don''t. It''s his call. I may disagree but again no placards. That''s just life and I''ll still go to watch the footie. I don''t agree with everything Jeremy Clarkson says, but I still love his new show.......

Hogesar maybe look at it a little differently.

The board are backing Neil and by the sound of it they would like it to be longterm. Why? Well maybe they know that things didn''t really go according to plan in the summer transfer window, for example Brady and Naismith were both touted for moves which would of brought in about 20 mil plus big wages saved, whilst this was going on pritchard and canos became available both young and with great potential for the future but both going elsewhere so if we wanted them we would have to act fast which we did. The Brady and Naismith deals both fall through meaning we now have no money to spend and a squad that is unbalanced.

I am not saying this is definitely what happened but looking from the outside it looks like a very plausible situation so for this reason I am willing to give Alex another transfer window to sort it out.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]Morty asked one poster what he/she will do about getting rid of AN.

I don''t think that just because one has a different opinion means necessarily that you should, or can, do anything about it. My opinion is that Donald Trump is not going to be a good US president. He has been elected and there is nothing I can do to change that. Similarly with Brexit.

In my opinion the board should replace AN. But that doesn''t mean that I am going to run about with placards just because they don''t agree with me. I don''t think he should be manager. They do. They make the decision. I live with it. AN may think Brady is better than Olsson at LB. I don''t. It''s his call. I may disagree but again no placards. That''s just life and I''ll still go to watch the footie. I don''t agree with everything Jeremy Clarkson says, but I still love his new show.......[/quote]Perhaps more people should adopt the attitude of not worrying about things you have no power to change.Thats pretty much where I am.[:)]

[quote user="ricardo"]He has the clear backing of the Board so it will take more than one more poor home performance to shift him. I think he will make it to Xmas and form only has to improve slightly to see him making it to the end of the season.

A loss tomorrow could see the crowd begin to turn but there is scant evidence of a massive groundswell so far.
[/quote]

That''s pretty depressing but probably accurate.  Mind you, a slight improvement would mean we''re not losing every game... which must happen sooner or later.  Surely ?

With Hughton I guess there had been crowd discontent for quite some time ,until the Board finally made the daft decision to sack him when it was too late to make any difference.  I can only hope they have learned the lesson of that experience, although hopefully not to decide they''ll stick with him to the end of the season regardless...