Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Poor old Crouchy

I have to say I felt desperately sorry for Peter Crouch last night.  The reception he got from the England fans was dreadful.  I''m sure some of the booing was for taking SWP off for him but it still wasn''t a nice entrance.  Also, the ironic cheers everytime he headed the ball.

Crouchy might not be the best England striker but he does give us another option.  The least he deserves is to be treated with respect

[quote]I have to say I felt desperately sorry for Peter Crouch last night. The reception he got from the England fans was dreadful. I''m sure some of the booing was for taking SWP off for him but it still w...[/quote]

Yes DD, hardly the way to encourage a young striker starting his international career, probably the same people that boo the opposition anthems.

It was a shame for such a decent guy to get booed. However, he should not be in the england team at the moment because he has not scored this season and frankly doesn''t look like scoring either. His confidence looks low (understandably) and his link up play has not been good enough to merit a starting berth. Darren Bent (boo hiss!) should feel aggrieved that his dramatic start to the season has not been rewarded much by Sven.

I was there last night and the reception he got was a disgrace.

It was totally unjustified,didn''t think he did too bad on Saturday or last night.

May have been the manure fans in the crowd(Liverpool connection et all)?

Was the booing directed at the decision to temove SWP who allegedly had a good game rather than Crouch himself? I saw Crouch on TV in the game last Sat against Austria and while the whole team was poor he in particular looked ineffective and didn''t seem to win many high balls at all. Has he lost pace since being at City? I don''t remember him being a donkey at all.

crouch wasnt booed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was because shaun wright was comin off, it was obvious to see.

no fans could justify booing crouch and and i dont think england fans are shallow enough to boo someone who has played 2 games, if anything we should boo hargreaves

i thougth he did pretty well while he was on last night

and yes the booing was not at crouch i dont think, at sven taking of SWP thou. Abit like when nigel too mcveigh off..........

And yes, booing the national anthem was a complete disgrace, i dont feel proud to be english (not that i ever have..... )

crouch was booed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (note additional exclamation marks).

the cheering (jeering) that he received with every touch was conclusive evidence of this (as if it were needed).

Sadly, whilst I think Crouch is a decent player/person his goalscoring record is poor, and his physique doesn''t help when the neanderthals watch him.

I actually he thought he looked ok when he came on but surely Bent has a better claim for a place. 

[quote]crouch wasnt booed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was because shaun wright was comin off, it was obvious to see. no fans could justify booing crouch and and i dont think england fans are shallow enough to b...[/quote]

Well the crowd booed when SWP came off, had a break for a couple of seconds, then started booing again when crouch came on. Add to that the ironic cheers when he won a header and in my book that''s the crowd booing Crouch. Although I feel they are just making him a scapegoat for a previous poor performance (Kinda reminds you of..Oh never mind )

I was driving down to God''s County after the England game on Saturday and was listening to 606 with Alan Green.   Don''t know if anyone else heard it but the amount of vitriol heaped on poor Crouch was unbelievable.   From what I saw of him during that game, he was no more or less effective than most of the England team and certainly didn''t deserve all the stick that he was getting.

Unfortunately the fact is that Crouch is and always will be a one trick pony - he''s big and his height causes problems in the penalty area.   Ronaldinho he ain''t and he''s more of the ball to head than head to ball so don''t expect him to be making salmon-like leaps to head home the ball!   I know some of you thought that he was the dogs when he spent his short spell at City but he''s proved that he''s not a great striker (see Liverpool career so far) and that whilst he may cause havoc amongst lower league defences, he''s never going to set the world alight at the highest levels - that''s why O''Leary never had any time for him at Villa.

He certainly doesn''t deserve the nasty, mean and frankly cowardly abuse that he''s been getting.   Hopefully this will all make him stronger then he can go out and prove me to be talking absolute tosh!

Bloody National disgrace. Never seen the likes of it before.

What the hell did Crouch ever do to deserve having his every touch jeered? Have they forgotten Carlton Palmer, Geoff Thomas, Dennis Wise (on the left wing), Alan Smith (no, not that one), Michael Ricketts, even Emile Heskey etc etc? Crouch is a damn sight better than any of them.

Booing the opposition''s National Anthem still, and now they''re booing our own players.

Total, utter and complete ignorant morons of the highest order.

Crouch isn''t really up to international standard. But Sven doesn''t exactly play to Crouch''s strengths either though.

With a big man like that up front, England should have played with two wingers (Wright-Phillips, and Richardson) to provide a barrage of crosses for Crouch to get on the end of. But oh no, our Sven would never be as logical as that. He''ll play as many playmaker midfielders as he can cram into the middle of the park. Then get the team to hoof the ball long from deep all the time! Thank god Beckham and Gerrard were injured. The England team finally had some balance for once.

[quote]crouch wasnt booed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was because shaun wright was comin off, it was obvious to see. no fans could justify booing crouch and and i dont think england fans are shallow enough to b...[/quote]

Don''t think England fans are shallow enough...?

Sorry to disappoint you Robert. Many are about as deep as a rat''s paddling pool.

I think your asessment of Crouch is harsh plastic. Yes he did do well for us and you can hardly judge him on his Liverpool "career" so far.

AND, your forgetting the small matter of him almost singlehandedly preventing the sinking of the St Mary with goals against some of the top teams in the land.

[quote]I think some of the booing was directed at Crouch. Also the sarcastic cheers when he headed the ball certainly were. No wonder the poor sod''s confidence is low[/quote]

I think Crouch is very much a confidence player too, hes intimated in interviews that he is self concious about his height which is a shame because its one of his greatest assets.

Thats one reason I think his Liverpool career is doomed to failure, I don''t think the ''pool fans will give him enough time to settle in and once they get on his back its a losing battle. With no good vibes to feed off, hes not half the player he could be.

Which is why he should come to us on loan after Christmas.