Sign in to follow this  
AJ

NCFC vs Brentford Match Thread

Ruddy; Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Brady; Howson (c), Dorrans; Ja. Murphy, Pritchard, Naismith; Oliveira.

SUBS: Jones (GK), Martin, Hoolahan, Klose, Mulumbu, Lafferty, Jo. Murphy.

So, Pinto returns to a back four that see''s Benno and Bassong remain, but Martin dropped and Olsson missing through injury.

Howson returns as captain with Dorrans as Tettey drops out injured, and Jacob, Prichard and Naismith all start with Brady at LB and Hoolahoop on the bench. Oliveira starts up top with Jerome injured.

So, a few players back from injury, and a few players now out through injury. Ho hum!

Good that Pinto and Howson back, still think Klose is our best central defender, so that baffles me.

I like the balance of this team. Pleased Howson is back and Pinto. 3 points come 4.55.

I think today would be a great game for Oliveira to start to finding that net!

Don''t know.  Still looks light in midfield to me, but what do I know.  Would have been happier with Tettey, Dorrans and Howson in front of the defence, but I guess we''re at home so have to show more in attack.  

[quote user="Alfie54"]Just can''t see how Bassong starts ahead of Klose[/quote]
Because Bennett and Bassong had a good game last week.

Wouldn''t surprise me if a deal to sell klose in January had been agreed. Maybe not risking him as we need the money from the sale. As for the team, not much protection in front of the defence but hopefully we can outscore them as I think we''ll concede.

The Klose situation is a strange one. Bennett has probably been our best CB this season so far so can understand why he''s in there, I can only assume Bassong is putting in the effort behind the scenes more so than Klose.

Olsson reportedly injured.

Bristol, looks like your standard at home formation.

Ruddy

Pinto Benno Bassong Brady

Howson Dorrans

Murphy Naismith Pritchard

Oliveira

We''re not going to beat Brentford with this lineup.

Two 8m players in our top 4 sounds impressive - but in reality - it''s not going to happen !

Also too lightweight in central midfield - their going to carve us up

Great goal! Brady cross, Murphy goal (I think?). PA saying it''s Oliveira though!

[quote user="Six Pack"]We''re not going to beat Brentford with this lineup.

Two 8m players in our top 4 sounds impressive - but in reality - it''s not going to happen !

Also too lightweight in central midfield - their going to carve us up[/quote]Too light in midfield? [:O] Howson & Dorrans have proved to be the best pairing in the 4-2-3-1.1-0 [Y]

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="Six Pack"]We''re not going to beat Brentford with this lineup.

Also too lightweight in central midfield - their going to carve us up[/quote]Too light in midfield? [:O] Howson & Dorrans have proved to be the best pairing in the 4-2-3-1.1-0 [Y] [/quote]Way too early for smugness.

looks like Pritchard has basically been given the freedom to roam. Which is good, makes him impossible to mark!

Pinto already looking so, so good at RB linking up well with Murphy.

Great play by Murphy to take the ball and run at 3 defenders and wins a penalty. Stonewall!

Dorrans scores, original penalty saved though. Bit of a worry we''ve missed a few penalties lately!

Here''s hoping we go stick a few more past them, and wrap the game up by halftime rather than sit on a 2-0 scoreline.