Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

a blip or a corner turned?

Timing can be everything. And whilst we must all be jumping up and down in joy and relief.....the issue of this being a freak result or a genuine turn of fortune is absolutely key. Why? Because of the transfer window....

This result has held the axe at bay but any realist knows a few bad results and it will come down. But what good would this do if a new manager had no time to navigate the window and budget?

Makes it very tricky for the board. To back AN on this one result risks serious anger from fanbase if it all goes bad again. But the window to sack anyone sensibly is evaporating.

For me, wonderful result- am genuinely happy- but dont think he is the right fit. One dimensional tactics, no plan B and poor/strange selection has been a constant.

Given the importance of removing Alex Neil from his post it''s a setback. One crumb of comfort is that Brentford are low in the table and the win can therefore be viewed as a blip.

Not sure it is a "lovely story" Jim, however, yesterday was a good performance and a good result. What more can we expect? AN has earned the right to carry on, don''t you think?

The question is how many more chances do we give Neil to turn it round? He''s been in the last chance saloon several times already in the last year or so.

Well Daz buddy, you''re a man after my own heart. You won''t convince many though. I think the feeling is he''d previously earned the right to be sacked. So he shouldn''t have been anywhere near this game to get a 5-0 win. Thus the 5-0 win is irrelevant. And Brentford were pony anyway.

The OP is a bit radio if he thinks that Jan 1st is the start of transfer proceedings. I would suggest all the possible deals are already in place and Jan 1st is when battle commences.

He was never leaving in 2016. The Brentford result carried no weight on Neil''s future.

Look at our history with managers. The Board will always favour holding on to someone for too long as opposed to being knee-yerk.

Gunny was the anomoly.

We might as well get behind the manager and the lads and give them any advantage that we can.

You are right Canterbury, but it''s a bit upsetting that we have this highly costly squad and are ten points from top.

"Might as well" LOL

How is this might as well going to manifest itself? Will we now be happy when we win and moan like billio when we lose?

No change there then ☺😊😁😂😃😄😅😇😆😈😉😐😑😯😕😠😬😡😢😴😮😣😤😶😵😳😲😱😟😰😩😨😧😦😥😷😞😒😍😜😛😝😋😗😙😘😚😎😭😌😖😔😪😏😓😫

NN, I have been less than impressed with many of the performances this season, a lot of frustration at giving away sloppy goals etc, but yesterday showed that we can win and perform, which I''m going to enjoy and look forward to the next match with a little more relish.

This was the performance we have been waiting for all season, just like Brighton was a massive knock to our confidence this will be a massive boost. Well done to Alex and the team they were under massive pressure yesterday and they delivered a fantastic performance. I will have a massive smile on my face all weekend :)))))))))

[quote user="Daz Sparks"]Len, are you not pleased with the result and performance?[/quote]I''m ambivalent. A loss might have seen the crowd turn and ultimately seen us better off. Bad medicine to cure the disease.

[quote user="Jim the Canary"]Occasionally Daz occasionally do you?[/quote]do you go with your ''mates'' Barnes Wallis and Glen Madeiros ?

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]It is staggering that after one win in 6 people aren''t screaming for his head[/quote].....they won''t sack the new Messiah. [:)]

[quote user="Dean Coneys boots"]Timing can be everything. And whilst we must all be jumping up and down in joy and relief.....the issue of this being a freak result or a genuine turn of fortune is absolutely key. Why? Because of the transfer window....

This result has held the axe at bay but any realist knows a few bad results and it will come down. But what good would this do if a new manager had no time to navigate the window and budget?

Makes it very tricky for the board. To back AN on this one result risks serious anger from fanbase if it all goes bad again. But the window to sack anyone sensibly is evaporating.

For me, wonderful result- am genuinely happy- but dont think he is the right fit. One dimensional tactics, no plan B and poor/strange selection has been a constant.[/quote]Can you not see the difference between last week and this?