Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Scott Hogan, thoughts

Certainly looked lively and put himself about a fair bitunfortunately over shadowed by Oliveira todayimpressed with their keeper, a number of good reflex saves

Thought Hogan looked ok, in a better side would be interesting, Have to say their keeper never held on to anything today, couple of decent saves but spilled everything. Don''t let him get a round in!

Hogan looked tidy. Got the better of Bennett frequently but then again most half decent strikers do.

Was offside quite a lot. Liked the fact he kept trying to make the runs though. Didn''t think he got the better of Bennett at all.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We will only EVER play one up top under Neil.

Do we NEED to splash £8m on a striker when we have Jerome and Oliveira?

Spend any money we have on the defence![/quote]

Definitely this. Bennett was the only poor performer today. Hogan missed one sitter, Jerome style.

[quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We will only EVER play one up top under Neil.

Definitely this. Bennett was the only poor performer today. Hogan missed one sitter, Jerome style.[/quote]I don''t think anyone performed poorly today.I saw people moaning about Bassong too, end of the day we won 5 nil and kept a clean sheet. We should all, frankly, be doing cartwheels, not looking for negatives.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="sgncfc"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We will only EVER play one up top under Neil.

Definitely this. Bennett was the only poor performer today. Hogan missed one sitter, Jerome style.[/quote]I don''t think anyone performed poorly today.I saw people moaning about Bassong too, end of the day we won 5 nil and kept a clean sheet. We should all, frankly, be doing cartwheels, not looking for negatives.[/quote]^ This for goodness sake.

[quote user="Morgan"]^^ Morty, how long you been posting on here?! People will always have something to complain about *yawn[/quote]It still never ceases to disappoint me though.

Think everyone had a good game but any chances that came Brentfords way originated from Bennett, either poor positioning or getting caught out in behind.

Bassong was good.

If the chat gets slightly more complex than ''sack Alex and the board'' it relegates a whole division of posters and things get lonely on here... 😉

[quote user="Morgan"]If the chat gets slightly more complex than ''sack Alex and the board'' it relegates a whole division of posters and things get lonely on here... 😉[/quote][:D]

Thought he put in a half decent shift considering he was in a team which lost 5-0. Is he what we need? Is Oliviera good enough to hold down his position and become an established number 9? Perhaps a better investment for the future considering promotion, Jerome''s record in the PL and Lafferty doesn''t seem to be in Alex Neil''s plans. I think £8m is probably close to our maximum budget for a striker and in the current market, i think it would be a fair deal.

[quote user="Samwam27"]Would still prefer Rhodes! Just my opinion[/quote]Rumour is that boro may let him go on loan in January....

Didn''t score today but impressed me. Has that sharp burst of acceleration in the box. Good leap on him. Generally made Bennett look 2nd rate.

Worth a bid.

Personally I don''t think he looked anything special . Would be really disappointed if the club spent £8m on him !!

Those saying he got the better of Bennett should really try to attend the game ,, its different to the radio ,, he really didn''t 🙄🙄

I would take the transfer fee with a huge, huge pinch of salt as these figures are no more than guesswork on the part of the media, and are invariably wildly out. Note how so many are now £8m.What must be considered is are we after players to push us over the line (promotion), or those who could strep up to the PL were we to go up.After yesterdays performance Oliveira certainly looks capable of hitting the mark, though what would happen if he was injured... using Naismith is not going to get us promoted.Personally I would prefer more long term defensive cover... something the youth set up has not really provided for, at this stage.

I would like us to sign a striker who offers something a bit different to what we have and Hogan does fit that bill- although agree with Barney that defensive improvement has to be top of the bill.

I wonder if it is something we could address through the loan market in January- we don''t need someone to start every week but a striker with a bit of pace to get in behind teams and pull defenders about would be a great addition- maybe even Grabban?

I was impressed by the fact that on a number of occasions he beat our defence and had scoring opportunities. His failure to score from at least three of them, however, was important in the final result. If he had taken one or two of them, I think it possible that our growing confidence could have been swept away, and the result very different.

Doubtless the Brentford defence will come in for criticism, but Hogan''s failure must also.

Would he be a good signing? On yesterday''s showing I am doubtful. However much work he does away from goal, his failure to convert chances was glaring. We have one or two strikers like this already!

Maybe because we have never really replaced Grant Holt.As Salopian says we''ve had, and still, have those that don''t put away chances.Oliveira''s goal yesterday was a demonstration of how a half chance can be takenmemoriesenjoy

Looked really poor. Even accounting for the fact he probably had a bad game alongside his team mates I still didn''t see anything to suggest he''s better than an average Championship striker having a decent year.

I really hope we''re not about to waste 8 million on him