Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Nahki Wells

Didn''t see this mentioned on here but he apparently turned down a new deal and might be available in January- Telegraph linked us and Fulham.

Not having his best season but I think he''s a quality player.

id prefer us to take a risk and invest in assombalonga as hes a bit more versatile but wells would be a good signing

pace to burn, something none of our current strikers have

having said that i doubt well sign anyone unless we see brady and naismith sold

Seems overpriced from what I''ve seen. Plus he was awful after I signed him on football manager and that''s just like real life right...The money would be better off spent in defence. Particularly if we''re going to go with one striker. I liked Olivera yesterday. He deserved a goal for his performance.

If we have limited funds available they must be spent on centre back. If you look at the goals scored and goals conceded it''s clear where the problem lies

I''m on record a couple of times at least extolling Wells. He is a different type of player to the ones we have got. He is a poacher, a nippy and awkward runner who gives defenders little rest. I''ve watched him many times when he has played for Bradford. For me he isn''t worth £8m but if we were indeed interested then £4 to £5m would be worth it. He was exceptional playing off big James Hanson and could be great working off Oliveira or Jerome ( assuming we ever played with two actual strikers).

I''m not sure with our formations whether he would fit...He is someone best employed quite far forward and at only about 5ft 8 he isn''t a target man, although very strong and hard to shake off. But he would be a type player we have not had for some time.. For me, a better Grabban. His goal scoring stats are not at all bad.

Someone will benefit from him wherever he goes IMHO.