Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Food for thought?...

Mulumbo and Jarvis have been consistently injured for nearly all their days at Norwich which is not helping but i really do fail to see who either of these guys would replace in the team which really says it all about our current slump.

I''d just like to see those options, John. Totally take your point re injuries, and that Jacob has been one of our better performers, but some fresh competition from the experienced Jarvis can only be a good thing. I feel Mulumbu has had some brighter performances this season when called upon, so I''d rather see him start than Tettey currently to be honest, I like Alex but I honestly don''t think he''s been at his best for some time now.

I agree re Howson being a miss, but we have been here before when we thought everything hung on Gary O''Neill being fit. Or Brady. Or Klose at the end of last season etc.

Too many (if not all) players have looked largely bang out of form and confidence and for me that cannot be a coincidence. One or two maybe even three but for almost everyone to look a shadow of the players we know they can be suggests pretty strongly that there is something about they way they are set up, trained, prepared, whatever which is not working and which is resulting in underperformance.

This isn''t new. Anyone remember the away defeats last season to our peers? Some abysmal no shows? Even that awful defeat at home to Sunderland where we looked all over the shop and when just that win could have been enough.

The Ferguson things is a bit of a red herring. One can always pick out a single example but all situations are different. how about picking Claudio Ranieri and saying that our squad could have been motivated better and challenging at the top?! Or lets pick Eddie Howe who is doing well at B''mouth. Or we could pick Chris Hughton and show that a decent manager doing well with other teams can fail at Norwich. You can always pick someone somewhere to prove your point, but the last 15 months have been very poor and there are no signs of any improvement whatsoever.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I do hope we stick with Nephew Tom.......He''ll probably be a great and exceptional owner of the club sometime in the distant future.......Just give him time.......however long it may take....[/quote]

Just slightly off topic, but is that a pic of Tom behind Delia and MWJ on p6 in the EDP sports supplement today?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Chemical Bro"]Our performances were not great even with Howson and Pinto in the side. Yes we were winning just about but mainly against the bottom sides.[/quote]Yeah but we were at least winning.We''ll never know if having Pinto and Howson would have helped us win more games recently, but I''d wager having them available wouldn''t have done any harm.[/quote]

Absolutely, it certainly didn''t do any harm, Mark - but hey, we both know it''s just a coincidence that we played better with the return of the impressive Pinto and Howson 😉

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="morty"][quote user="Chemical Bro"]Our performances were not great even with Howson and Pinto in the side. Yes we were winning just about but mainly against the bottom sides.[/quote]Yeah but we were at least winning.We''ll never know if having Pinto and Howson would have helped us win more games recently, but I''d wager having them available wouldn''t have done any harm.[/quote]

Absolutely, it certainly didn''t do any harm, Mark - but hey, we both know it''s just a coincidence that we played better with the return of the impressive Pinto and Howson 😉[/quote][:)]