Sign in to follow this  
The Unsullied

Watering of the pitch pre match

Interesting that the grounds men didn''t water the pitch prior to kick off on Saturday and how well our passes were connecting

I think they are connected. Hopefully Neil has finally got the management of the playing surface at home correct

I find it weird that they water the pitch so much to be honest. I can understand it if it''s been really dry, or is really hot. This both stops the ground being too hard, and also keeps the grass healthy and stops pitch damage. I find it funny when for evening kick offs it''s been raining on and off all day and they still feel the need to water it.

Maybe it''s a ploy to make it surprisingly slippy for the opposition when they come back out after the warm up!

During the Chase era the pitch was constantly watered, the change on Saturday was a direct order from Delia as the club has recently been changed from the old rateable system and put on a meter.

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"][quote user="lappinitup"]It''s the watering the beer that worries me........[/quote]

Especially if it gets on the glass and you drop it![/quote]Lol! [:D]BTW, I had already added this one to the list. [;)]