Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Guardian Interview with Ed Balls

Blimey your knickers seem to be in a twist nutty. After some research I actually see our ''man from mulbarton'' has achieved some success within the club and well done to him for that, as I said I was merely asking the question. However I don''t apologise for saying we should be more focused on what the paid employees do than our part time, unpaid chairman.

A couple more points however. So it''s McNallys list? Doesn''t mean it''s not embellished for effect, in fact I''d say that''s more of a reason to say it is.

Are you saying our players are best in class? Why did Lambert seemingly get more out of our squad? He didn''t have the benefit of a technical director taking the pressure off or a category one academy making sure our players were best in class, it was done through his and his teams hard work (of which Martin was a part of course).

My point is what is the difference in creating this new role? We already had category one status, we had what i would say was a better trained and more fit squad and Martin himself was already doing the work with the academy (as you say he was tasked with gaining us the one status at an AGM). If Martin was then presumably given a pay rise and given more responsibilities, why aren''t we seeing more results other than retaining our category one status. You say without the ''list'' we''d never sign a player...bo**ocks. How do other clubs do it then? Are you saying the reason Pritchard signed for us and not Brighton was because we have category one status?

Sorry, I know you''re just trying to defend Martin and as I say, I recognise he has achieved some success. My questions are clear though and I don''t think they''re unreasonable to ask... In essence why have we created a new role for jobs that were already being carried out as successfully, if not more so than they are now?

I think it was more the point of people lambasting Ricky Martin without even knowing what he does.

Zac my knickers are perfectly straight. I''m also not trying to defend Ricky Martin. I was trying to help you by answering your questions. I''ve put the information on here and now it''s up to you what you do with it. At least you now have a bit more meat on those bones of contention.

As for McNally. I trust him. He never let me down when I had cause to contact him. I accept my default is to trust everybody unless or until they give me cause not to. I''m not let down often and never have been by people at our football club.

Anyway buddy, now I have your attention could you help me out on Rays Funds by selecting the final options for the Norwich game on 21st Jan? You''d get me into our anonymous benefactor''s good books if you can.

I''ll certainly help out with Rays Funds if you like although you''d have to walk me through it as I''m ashamed to say I haven''t got involved in it before now.

[quote user="Fiery Zac"]I''ll certainly help out with Rays Funds if you like although you''d have to walk me through it as I''m ashamed to say I haven''t got involved in it before now.[/quote]
That''s a great early Christmas present for us PUPs. Thank you Zac.
Every Wednesday I put the new thread up for the week. Then our wonderful team of PUPs add their selections to the thread. On the Friday evening the nominated PUP chooses from those selections and posts them. I then put those choices on with Bill Hill or Bet 365 and any resulting winnings go to the CSF and specifically our brilliant Downes Syndrome football team. 
Join in this coming week to see how it goes. Kathy is picking from the suggestions for the six results and Molly Windley is picking from the suggestions for the Norwich game at Barnsley. On 21st Jan it''s the Norwich suggestions that we''d like you to choose from. We don''t need any money. Just a little bit of your time.