Sign in to follow this  
Bill

We've been here before

in 2014/15 after 19 games we were 8 points off the top  with our impoverished neighbours bleating about ''mind the gap'', their 10 point lead was turned into an 8 point deficit and we were play off winnersin 2010/11 after 19 games we were 11 points off the top we took an automatic spot

in 2009/10 after 19 games we were 10 points off the top with Leeds having a game in hand, we still ran away with the titlewe will do it

All the ingredients are there......plenty of points to play for, a strong squad and a manager and group of players who achieved exactly the same goal eighteen months ago.

Plenty to be positive about.

I admire the OP''s balls. But I can''t see how Alex Neil can reverse the form he has overseen in the last year ie losing more than half his games. Remember also that we''ve players wanting to leave an already weak squad and little money to spend.

And what a win.... it''s given us 30 pointsand all for one winwho would have thought it

[quote user="Dan Dare"]And what a win.... it''s given us 30 pointsand all for one winwho would have thought it[/quote]

Amazing how every team we beat are "piss poor"//.

Let''s hope this is a turning point but we have to be a bit careful we don''t assume everything is solved.

Saturday was a thoroughly entertaining game with some sparkling performances. That is a start. Let us hope the manager sees takes those positives and builds even further around them.

Great thread!

Everyone will have poor patches, even Newcastle. Let''s hope that''s ours done and out the way so we can kick on and make some progress!

Or how the french superstar Davé Jarvou?

We could do with a new Dave, I feel Oliveira has done enough to be more than a Dave now.

It''s not just about getting up though is it, it''s also about staying there, so would Moxy have the balls to get rid of AN and do a Watford, or stick with AN?

[quote user="Indy"]It''s not just about getting up though is it, it''s also about staying there, so would Moxy have the balls to get rid of AN and do a Watford, or stick with AN?[/quote]We''re in the running for promotion so why would he want to sack our manager?

No Lapps, I''ve already said there''s no chance this board would get rid of AN unless we are in the bottom three, this season, my point is if by chance we set up again, then would they do a Watford and change?

[quote user="Indy"]No Lapps, I''ve already said there''s no chance this board would get rid of AN unless we are in the bottom three, this season, my point is if by chance we set up again, then would they do a Watford and change?[/quote]Why would they get rid of a manager if he achieves promotion for the second time in three years? He would also have the experience of a season in the Prem where I feel sure he would have learned many lessons.

Lessons learned really?

Well it might just be that there will be a far more experienced and better manager available, if so why gamble on AN again?

But that''s pretty immaterial as our board will stick by AN even if we fail to get promoted, he''s just a yes man, happy with his lot.

[quote user="Indy"]our board will stick by AN even if we fail to get promoted, he''s just a yes man, happy with his lot.[/quote]How would you know that unless you know him personally?

It''d be very hard to sack a manager if he''s got you promoted twice in 3 years and you employed him knowing he was inexperienced but wanting to give him the chance to get that experience.

The manager is employed to achieve certain aims, promotion being one.It is immaterial what experience he gains, and the board would not appoint a manager on that latter basis.