Sign in to follow this  
Yellow and Green

Ivo Pinto

Not sure if it is coincidental or not but these are the results of the league games when Pinto has and hasn''t played:

With Pinto: W 9 D 3 L 1

Without Pinto: W 0 D 0 L 6

Any thoughts as to why this might be? Certainly an early contender for PoS.

Ivo changes norwich''s mentality when on the pitch.

We get the ball from the back end of our defence to the opponents corner flag within 5-10 seconds as he is so direct in his runs.

This then causes a dangerous attack in which results in a shot on goal or goal.

Without pinto we dont have a player that is prepared to switch it on so quickly, we normally play around the back four and attempt a slower approach... less time spent in threatening area, less attempts on goal.

Ivo changes the team up, adds spice to the game

I like Ivo a lot, but things like this are often just coincidence.You could probably find 4 or 5 other players that also played in all the games.

I dont this is a case of a coincidence, although its also not because ivo is the best player at the club. He brings more to the team than his ability on the ball - for me he is a team enabler.

the whole shape of the team changes when he starts instead of martin or whittaker at rb. he gets further forward than either because his pace enables him to recover.

As he pushes on so murphy has greater support and options, the rest of the midfield take 5 yards forward meaning the striker is not as isolated as we have seen jerome and nelson being in the last few games. Add in he breaks up the weak martin / bennett right side making the defence stronger too it means he has become a key player dependency at the moment.

Unfortunately ivo seems unable to go many more than 10 games without picking up a knock, which makes an ivo-lite back up a key signing in Jan if we plan to press on this season. It is the only place where we dont have an almost identical like for like replacement - even olsson wasnt missed on sat.

I''d join the coincidence bandwagon. But the truth is we played so much better with Howson and Pinto back which isn''t a coincidence at all. All this points out for me with regards to this topic is that Pinto is by far our best right back now. He adds so much more than a solid defender does and certainly gets forward very quickly. Hard to believe how quickly he''s become a fan favourite, but he deserves it. He''s been brilliant this season and was on form Sat too.

Ivo drives play forward from rb looking for a pass or to beat his man whereas Martin looks for a long pass more than often

I absolutely love proper wing play and this guy gets it!

I thought Pinto''s contribution was immense . He seems to have an infectious quality , he is almost like a little lad ; so enthusiastic. Miles out of position as times , Bennett was getting stretched all over the place at times , but you feel that he lifts the team .

I''m not at all convinced by him as a defender, but frankly I''d take him at right back all day long. Brought Murphy into the game well , and always wants the ball.

If he stays injury free he will get into the Hall of Fame very quickly I think.

Quality player. Him and Howson made the difference Saturday.We looked so much worse when Pinto went off and Martin came on. Best defender we''ve had for years.

Like Brady who scored on Saturday, Pinto gets well forward and is threatening when he does.although some will say that players should stay in formation, so maybe that could be done by marking the pitch out into squares so the players know where they should be and not chasing all over the place after other players and the ball

Not to mention his connection with Murphy, he brings the out of the youngster.

Pinto is definitely the bst right back we''ve had in a long time, IMO.

Not purely a coincidence because I think he is quite integral to our attacking game and as we have seen with this team its far, far better when being positive and playing on the front foot. He''s not the best defensive right back we''ve had by a long stretch but he''s possibly the best attacking right back I can recall and many of our best attacking spells/performances have seen him prominent.

II would also be interested to know how many goals we''ve scored with him on the pitch compared to without.

Oh cheers Morty-I must say I thought it looked worse than that when he went off but that''s great news.