Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

The odds on Jacob staying?

"Tottenham Hotspur, Everton and Southampton are tracking Norwich City

winger Jacob Murphy, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.Murphy, who has represented England at under-18, U19 and U20 level,

has been one of the standout performers in the Championship this season.

The 21-year-old is Norwich''s top scorer with seven goals in 19 games in all competitions and has also contributed four assists.

Murphy, along with his twin brother Josh, has been tipped as one of the brightest prospects in the country.

And Spurs, Everton and Southampton have all been paying close

attention after his positive start to Norwich''s inconsistent season.

Murphy, named Norwich Player of the Month for October, recently

signed a new four-year deal at Carrow Road -- but the Canaries are

bracing themselves for increasing interest in him."

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/story/3012964/three-clubs-tracking-norwich-city-winger-josh-murphy-sources

I''d be pretty surprised if we were planning on cashing in on him this January.And disappointed.

If he intented leaving he would not have signed such a long dealIf he is good as thought then he will be need to get us into the PL, where the money there will dwarf whatever he could fetch nowHowever I''m sure the contract signed would have include a release clauseOtherwise I wouldn''t pay much heed to worthless shyte from some obscure source

If jacob stays or goes getting pen to paper on that new contract is a massive win.

If he does goes his transfer fee will be in the too good to turn down category (>£10m + significant add ons?) which is good for us and if he stays we are all happy.

Josh is the one we could do with getting him to sign for the same reasons; but there are a lot (18?) of player who are nearing their contract end of whom probably 7-8 who we will want to make sure they also stay.

The possibility of selling him and loaning him back for a season might appeal.

Some cash in the bank but another year out of maturing player.

I know Jacob hasn''t commented on this himself and it''s only speculation, but why would a young footballer at the start of his career want to move to a club that almost certainly would use them as a squad player. there have been numerous "good young players" over the years who have jumped at the first opportunity and never really made an impression at the new club.- Shaun Wright Phillips, Scott Sinclair etc.

The FA ought to somehow "ring fence" the potentially good youngsters to help them develop rather than the big teams buying them just to prevent others getting them. IMO

Jacob putting pen to paper is comment in itself.
I''m so proud of him. I''ve followed the twins progress from when they first came to the academy. They really are two of our own. And you PUPs helped with their development which is another reason to be proud. They are great young men too. Jacob was a joy at our fan''s forum in August. They are both a credit to our club and their family.
And to think last week there were calls to drop Jacob....

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]I know Jacob hasn''t commented on this himself and it''s only speculation, but why would a young footballer at the start of his career want to move to a club that almost certainly would use them as a squad player. there have been numerous "good young players" over the years who have jumped at the first opportunity and never really made an impression at the new club.- Shaun Wright Phillips, Scott Sinclair etc.

The FA ought to somehow "ring fence" the potentially good youngsters to help them develop rather than the big teams buying them just to prevent others getting them. IMO[/quote]It is a worthless piece of shyte made up by some pimply fred to fill up space

..... or has Kenny Jackett been appointed our new manageras predicted ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Jacob putting pen to paper is comment in itself.
I''m so proud of him. I''ve followed the twins progress from when they first came to the academy. They really are two of our own. And you PUPs helped with their development which is another reason to be proud. They are great young men too. Jacob was a joy at our fan''s forum in August. They are both a credit to our club and their family.
And to think last week there were calls to drop Jacob....
[/quote]

I think some of the concerns with Jacob, was around fatigue.

Doubt this will happen. Like someone above says, we''ll only take money that is too good to turn down and I think he himself would rather mature a bit at Norwich first. You never know with the crazy money bandied about though, someone like spurs may see real class potential in hom and drop £15m on him in the hope one day soon he becomes a £30m winger. Personally I don''t think he''s enough of a finished article to be gambling such large amounts of money on.

funny how he was linked with a £300k move to reading just 3 months ago tho!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]I didn''t see fatigue mentioned buddy.[/quote]

Here you go nutty.... "Jacobs engine", "tired" are phrases used.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3432585/ShowPost.aspx

To sell him in January would be silly - although if silly money was offered (£18 mill +) we would obviously end up taking it.

Hopefully him and Josh can realise the majority of their potential here in Norwich!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="nutty nigel"]I didn''t see fatigue mentioned buddy.[/quote]

Here you go nutty.... "Jacobs engine", "tired" are phrases used.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3432585/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]
Very true but I was referring to last week. 
There you go...
That link you put up is one of my favourites for people doing a hatchet job on Alex Neil. Did he really say Howson was the only alternative to Jacob on the right?

My understanding was that both players contracts were up in the summer , and that both were on "peanuts" . That one has signed and one hasn''t, and bearing in mind at the time they were using the same agent, it is slightly odd. Either one is stalling , or both have signed , and the club is holding back a bit of good news (like announcing it half way through the AGM).

It is critical to get them on sensible contracts , and the Club has been working on this for some time. I would imagine.

And it can''t be any surprise that Spurs et al are keeping tabs on them. Even Ricky Martin couldn''t miss that one.