Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Same team for Barnsley

Please A.N. Keep same team don''t do what you did last time Pritchard MUST not be dropped for anybody else don''t keep tinkering the team then perhaps you will get the fans on your side OTBC

[quote user="Move Klose"]Surely they''ve earned the right to keep there places.[/quote]I don''t think any player played badly today, I would be disappointed to see any of them dropped.

[quote user="Hucks6"]Please A.N. Keep same team don''t do what you did last time Pritchard MUST not be dropped for anybody else don''t keep tinkering the team then perhaps you will get the fans on your side OTBC[/quote]It''s not always ''tinkering'' as suchit is just a case of who will best suit the oppositioncounter their strong areas and exploit where they are weakest

Barnsley shouldn''t be anything more special than Brentford. pretty average with sprinklings of good players. It''d be a bit odd if we made any changes after that. I could see Jerome or klose back in tho at a push if we were going to change anything.

What annoys me is that ''supporters'' always have something negative to say about the team/formation from nowhere.

It''s horses for courses, so our team worked for today we''ll change it for Barnsley if it fits. Injury prevented us before from reverting from 4-2-3-1 prior.

There''s no point rattling on about our teame today being ''winners'' cos the manager should alter it to fit. The smart posters have been saying this for weeks, unluckily Pinto and Howson were injured prior and clearly after today they were significantly missing.

sounds ok..... on paperbut in reality opponent will be different, and it would be foolish to not try and exploit that to the bestdo you try to run at slower fullbacks, do you put crosses into defenders who aren''t the best at heading, or do you hit as many shots at a keeper (as yesterday) who could stop a shot but not hold onto it ?there are numerous reasons why the team gets changed, without knowing the reasons behind those changes, it makes little sense to be judging what is best

A 4231 should do well against their 442 as long as we nullify conor hourihane in free play; is a howson dorrans partnership strong enough to do that? I am not certain.

Like wise hourihane again takes a mean set piece, all of barnsleys goals yesterday came from his deliveries - can we concentrate at these? Horgan should have scored in the first half from set pieces (one where pinto lost him and another where bennett was too weak and only won one aerial battle all day). If we can take some confidence from todays #cleanshit we should be ok.

I doubt we will change the back 4; whether we add tettey mulumbu or thomspon at the expense of murphy or dorrans (unlikely to be howson - although he could go right) to nullify hourihane is the only question; I suspect we will stay unchanged.

" If we can take some confidence from todays #cleanshit we should be ok."

A while ago I stated that we would not win again until Howson returned. Must keep a winning team IMO as this will build up the current fragile confidence.

Keep the same team. Particularly the defence. They''ve all earned their place for next week after yesterdays performance.

[quote user="Alfie54"]Thought he did ok yesterday but I''d have Klose in for Bassong[/quote]Based on what, and why?

While most people would say that Klose is a better player than Bassong I see no need to change things for the sake of it. Bassong was good Saturday and doesn''t deserve to be dropped for the sake of it. I say keep a settled defence.

Worth pointing out that making changes would be the brave decision. - AN would be opening himself up to criticism and whilst I would personally keep the same eleven there may be aspects to Barnsley that means we set up slightly differently.

I like Klose but he struggles against big strong forwards, Glen Murray comes to mind. Bassong seems to be able to deal slightly better which could be why he''s playing.

I certainly would not make many changes, if any, for Saturday.

However, the one I would consider would be replacing Naismith with Josh Murphy.

Whereas Naismith had a far better game than of recent I felt Murphy added so much more when he came on. He played a very prominent part in the last two goals and his direct play always looked to unsettle Brentford''s defence.

Perhaps this is not the week to introduce him into the team but he is certainly getting very close to the starting eleven.

I''ve thought that for a while YW.

Not sure if others think the same but Jacob is a more complete player than Josh in that he keeps his shape better and gives the ball away less often. He''s also more disciplined in that he doesn''t take risks in dangerous places.

Josh though is just outstanding going forward, terrific finish on him and seems to create chances every time he plays - sometimes when he''s only on the pitch for 15 minutes or so.

Bit of a conundrum but I think we need to find a way of playing him because offensively he offers such a lot.

Not this week though. Good solid display from Naismith last week and would be harsh to drop him (or anybody) just as he''s finding a bit of form.

Agree with ICF and most sentiments here. Same team and hopefully same result (always nice to get back firmly into the top 6 well before Xmas). Looking forward to seeing how we do against the more fancied teams as we approach the second half of the season.

It''s the second half of the season that we really need to find our rhythm and put in convincing performances. I''m looking forward to seeing Oliveira start and I''m a Jerome supporter. I want to see how he adapts and grows into the team.

If we think we are still good enough to go straight up then that means we think there might only be one team better than us (probably Newcastle) and they have to come to our place.

Maybe AN should let the opposition worry about us and let them change their team to try and counter us.

One win doesn''t mean much at this stage but a run of results with an unchanged line up says a lot.

If he changes it he''s an idiot.

They deserve another go and if they play well and win again then we keep going until injury/suspension decides otherwise

Keeping the same team is almost more about sending a message to the players- play well and you keep your place. If for some reason we drop Pritchard, or bring Tettey back in it would tell those players that performances don''t matter all that much.