Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Matt Holland looking to leave charlton on loan

wouldnt he be a good replacement for the injured safri for now?

i would certainly say yes, heres the story below:

Charlton midfielder Matt Holland is ready to leave the club on loan in a bid for regular first-team football.

The 31-year-old Republic of Ireland international has made only one Premiership appearance as a substitute for the Addicks this season.

He told the Daily Mirror: "I would consider a loan move so I could play regularly and get full match fitness.

"The team have been doing exceptionally well and it is hard to get back in, so I will speak to the manager about it."

Holland''s preferred move would be a temporary return to his former club Ipswich Town, where he spent six years between 1997 and 2003.

He added: "You never know what is around the corner but I would really like to go back there.

"But I would also want to look at coming back to Charlton. I am no spring chicken but I want to stay playing in the Premiership for as long as possible."

(taken from bbc)

Once a scummer, always a scummer, as the story suggests....

Reposted by me, due to a code/visual problem. Thanks for spotting AJ.

Trent Canary wrote:

Perfect replacement, quality player, proven international, and a real nice bloke to go along with it.

Probably wont come though, and as the post above suggests, some of our fans wouldnt be able to handle it.

One Martin Peters wrote:

Definitely.

Forget the fact that he played for our ''friends'' down the road. Holland would still be class at this level and would be an excellent replacement for Saf.

In the words of Andy Pipkin:
"I don''t like it!"

Dyed in the wool binner. I wouldn''t even have him in my Championship manager side. He is even bluer than John Wark, and almost as ugly.
Look at how many players have successfully switched between the 2 clubs...next to none. Disaster waiting to happen, and wouldn''t come anyway (praise be!)

[quote]Reposted by me, due to a code/visual problem. Thanks for spotting AJ. Trent Canary wrote: Perfect replacement, quality player, proven international, and a real nice bloke to go along with it...[/quote]

cheers vince

glad to hear some of you agree, i think he would be a good player to fit in, even if its only for a little while until safri is back, but im sure if charlton let him go and ippo asked for him he would go there

I heard Worthy on Radio Norfolk apparently ruling out a move for Holland because he thought the fans wouldn''t like it. Me, I''m all for it - not only is Holland a good player, but it would also madden the Binners beyond endurance!