Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Negatives from today's match

Best game from Naismith for a while. Hardly a negative.

Naismith had a good game! Linked up well with the other 3 attacking players and released the ball quickly.

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 03/12/2016 6:49 PM:

As the wordsmith Ronan Keating once said, Lakey, you say it best when you say nothing at all.

😀

Keep it up Lakey, your best post of 2016 ;-)

One negative, someone was sick in the gents which was very unpleasant!

Pinto getting injured is Definite negative I''m afraid he was awesome I love his workrate and if he''s out we will miss him

[quote user="Buh"]Pinto getting injured is Definite negative I''m afraid he was awesome I love his workrate and if he''s out we will miss him[/quote]It looked like cramp. I hope its nothing worse.

Yes Pinto was great. I''d like us to go out and get another pacy right back on loan in January as we really miss his pace and directness when he''s out and he does seem to have some 8njury issues.

Best ever post LDC!

Re Pinto, AN said it was a bout of cramp

[quote user="AJ"]Best ever post LDC!

Re Pinto, AN said it was a bout of cramp[/quote]Thats good to hear, it looked like that when he went down, and other players were stretching his leg out for him, but the longer it went on I did start to wonder if it was more serious!

The only negative to be had from today''s excellent performance is the fact that it will guarantee Neil ''Get out of Jail free'' cards into the new year and we''ll wind up somewhere in the region of ''Bow Street'' rather than ''Park Lane'' as a consequence.

[quote user="Jools"]The only negative to be had from today''s excellent performance is the fact that it will guarantee Neil ''Get out of Jail free'' cards into the new year and we''ll wind up somewhere in the region of ''Bow Street'' rather than ''Park Lane'' as a consequence. [/quote]Oh dry your eyes and just be happy we won.[;)]

Naismith was arguably the lowest performing player on the pitch, but still had a reasonable game. He does start talking quite a bit when he''s frustrated, my colleague who was pitch side saw him mutter to John Egan, that he had scored against Man U and Brentford were small fry, Egan didn''t rise to it thankfully

not one player had a poor game and the intensity was far better.

Questions remain about the back 6; the back 4 had an easy day yet still created moments of concern (the brief post game reaction by bennett to ruddy a reaction to bennetts awful lightweight defending 10 mins early) and whether howson (good, visibly tired after about 35 mins, very tired from 60-80 mins to the point he was almost invisible - but will strip much fitter for barnsley) & Dorrans (very good crisp effective use of the ball) will be strong enough against better midfields is a debate for another day.

As long as it is just cramp for pinto it should be good, gives murphy space to threaten, widens the attack and takes the back 4 up the pitch 10 yards like no one else can - he just puts opponents on teh back foot. We were so different once martin was called in.

The key point is we looked up for it, crisp and effective; a repeat next week, please.