Sign in to follow this  
morty

Interesting...

I tend to think if people want to say that Bassong has got a mistake in him then they need to be saying it about the rest of our defenders.

[quote user="GJP"]I tend to think if people want to say that Bassong has got a mistake in him then they need to be saying it about the rest of our defenders.[/quote]Clearly racists then[;)]

[quote user="GJP"]I tend to think if people want to say that Bassong has got a mistake in him then they need to be saying it about the rest of our defenders.[/quote]
You''re right buddy. Seb makes no more mistakes than the others. Probably less. 

Well if you look at last season statistically Bassong and Martin both had four ''defensive errors that led to chances.'' Bennett had none.

Fair, but if you''re constantly covering for Bennett''s positional sense and lack of pace then you''re more likely to make mistakes yourself....

Bennetts strength is supposedly in the air; at the weekend Hogan, much shorter, had the beating of him too often, and on the floor the ease that he was walked around c82mins in was shocking - as was his attitude in response to Ruddy (in particular) and martin asking him to be stronger and focus.

[quote user="ZLF"]Bennetts strength is supposedly in the air; at the weekend Hogan, much shorter, had the beating of him too often, and on the floor the ease that he was walked around c82mins in was shocking - as was his attitude in response to Ruddy (in particular) and martin asking him to be stronger and focus.[/quote]
I saw, I think, Ruddy shouting at Bennett to sort himself out but what was his response? I stopped paying attention clearly!

I think the defence grew in confidence as the game wore on. Brentford missed a couple of decent chances in the first half, which, had they gone in, could have made it a different game. Let''s hope their confidence continues to build with a solid performance at Barnsley.

Oh come off it Hoegsar, if some like LDC made that sort of comment with regard to Snodgrass you''d rightly take the mick. Bassong consistently makes big errors, the kind that cost goals. There is a reason Adams bombed him out on loan,l and why Neil basically tried every single defensive combination he could before returning to Seb. He was good yesterday but taking a look at the stats he is always at least one of the worst for making sizeable errors, whether it''s Bennett or someone else next to him.

Bennett has looked a bit low in confidence of late but hopefully a run in a settled back line will help that, as will the clean sheet from the weekend.

You know with Bassong that there will be the odd casual moment over the course of a season that gets you into trouble but it is interesting that in his hour of need its Bassong that Neil is turning to, just as he turned to him when he first came in as manager. There is no doubt that a motivated and fit Bassong is a more than capable centre back at this level,

As someone has alluded to above its sometimes just about finding a combination of centre backs that play well together and for me none of our other centre backs seem to be able to play alongside Martin at centre backs plus Klose has been very iffy of late. I don''t really get the Klose hero worship, he''s done very little this season to justify the claims that he''s a step above our other centre backs and I think his carefree attitude to everything is perhaps not what we need right now. i''m therefore happy for Neil to give the Bassong/Bennett combo a run and hopefully the understanding will grow. Some promising signs from that Everton cup game and at Derby that given a run they could do quite well.

[quote user="king canary"]Oh come off it Hoegsar, if some like LDC made that sort of comment with regard to Snodgrass you''d rightly take the mick. Bassong consistently makes big errors, the kind that cost goals. There is a reason Adams bombed him out on loan,l and why Neil basically tried every single defensive combination he could before returning to Seb. He was good yesterday but taking a look at the stats he is always at least one of the worst for making sizeable errors, whether it''s Bennett or someone else next to him.[/quote]
Oh, I don''t doubt Bassong is culpable of making errors but I think it''s been highlighted every time Bassong f*cks up yet generally excused when Bennett does.
There is a reason Adams sent him out on loan but it wasn''t in relation to his defending ability. Coincidentally, when Bassong came back into our team under AN we were considerably better in our promotion season.

Personally, I hope the Klose rumours are just that, yes, he''s not been at his best but I just think he''s one of those players whose far more suited to the cut and thrust of the Premier League as opposed to the hustle and bustle of the Championship - and if we do get promoted we''re going to need him. Very pleased for Seb, I thought maybe we''d seen the best of him but it sounds like he''s started to come into form in these last 2 games or so. After the disappointment of the poor run of form, I''m starting to sense the green shoots of recovery starting to make an appearance 👍

To be fair it was City vs pub team, how about some stats on all the terrible games and points dropped because of Bassong alone ;)