Sign in to follow this  
morty

Interesting...

Discuss...[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsztjsxvve.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsztjsxvve.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

He terrified me every time he touched the ball but you can''t deny he did well yesterday.

Where''s the "bassong guarantees loss" guy now? You know, the s4it podcast guy.

[quote user="Buh"]He terrified me every time he touched the ball but you can''t deny he did well yesterday.

Where''s the "bassong guarantees loss" guy now? You know, the s4it podcast guy.[/quote]I don''t think we''ll be seeing him today[:)]

Great to see Bassong back and playing well. With him and Howson that''s two massive leaders back on the pitch. Bassong gave notice of this strength and mentality in his interview last week. Keep piling it on guys[;)]

[quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]His best game in a long long while but he always has the ability to make an absolute howler[/quote]On the contrary, I was at Derby last week, and he played very well there too.

Excellent news, with Seb playing well and the quality of Benno by his side, clean sheet says it all 👍

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mr Cholmondley Warner"]His best game in a long long while but he always has the ability to make an absolute howler[/quote]On the contrary, I was at Derby last week, and he played very well there too.[/quote]
Was there myself and can confirm that these last two games he has been excellent, Bennett as well, they look solid.

[quote user="Hoola Han Solo"]Bennett is our worst centre back, not Bassong.[/quote]
I think you''ll find Turner is our worst actually

Hoola Han Solo wrote the following post at 04/12/2016 3:47 PM:

Bennett is our worst centre back, not Bassong.

Better tell AN then, he obviously got it wrong again yesterday.👍

Apologies. I thought Ryan Bennett had been on the pitch everytime we''ve conceded heavily this season. Brum 3, Brighton 5, Leeds 3, Newcastle 3. So we''re effectively saying he should get credit for a clean sheet but be let off when we let loads of goals in? Bassong is responsible for our better defence, not Bennett. 👍🏻

I believe he was also on the pitch when we kept a clean sheet against Man City.

People see what they want to see.

Too many on here have a downer on Benno IMO.

And as for Seb, he can be excellent if he maintains his discipline, he must be a nightmare to play alongside when he starts wondering off. Let''s hope he''s now on a strong and disciplined run of form, a solid consistent pair of CB''s with Ruddy behind playing well is going to make a huge difference to our season.

[quote user="morty"]Discuss...[URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/Untitled_zpsztjsxvve.jpg.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/Untitled_zpsztjsxvve.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]without any context it is meaningless shyteRuddy hardly any saves - so must have had a bad game a Brentford defender completed 73.1785% pass accuracy , almost all back to his own keeper.... how on earth does that quantify his game ?a shot off target counts as equal whether it misses the bar by inches or hits row z, is the same whether it is from 30 yards out or 3 yards away, whether there was a defender challenging or a free shota clearance could be that he fumbled the ball then had to hoof it into the stand, or misskicked and it went out for a corneraccurate pass but his team mate failed to control the ball and lost itheaders won, against the likes of Pritchard and Hoolahan was does that say?but he wins twenty of them so whoopy do .... misses one against an opposing striker and they score, however in the wonderful world of meaningless shyte it is 20/1 in his favour

''Bennett is our worst centre back, not Bassong.''

There''s the spirit what purpose does it do slating the lad when he was part of a back line that kept a clean sheet yesterday?

he only averages 1 horrendous error per game so perhaps he''ll correct that next time out.

in all seriousness though, I like bassong at this level. he''s better than most of our options.

I think, when it become Bassong and Klose as the partnership we''ll have a very solid defence.

I''m pleased for Bennett, he was part of a clean sheet yesterday and deserves to keep his place however any sniff Brentford had came from typical Bennett mistakes which for some reason people seem to ignore, yet highlight anything Bassong does wrong.

He was good yesterday. But we know he''s capable of that. We also know he is capable of switching off and committing absolutely horrendous errors.

Also not sure I get this dislike some are gathering for Bennett- he didn''t do much wrong yesterday yet people are talking like he had a shocker.

He didn''t have a shocker - we kept a clean sheet. But simply put, the chances Brentford had primarily came through him.

Did well yesterday but like others have said, worries me when he has the ball. Not that he did anything wrong, just that he has a mistake in him.

On his day he is a very good player at this level. Brentford fans thought he was a beast!

I''ve heard he has been offered a new contract, similar to olsson.

Seb had a good game, as he did at derby and the second half at QPR.

There was a bit near the end of the second half where murphy and brady combined well to clear an attack; Seb made a point of going across to both; that is the leadership you are talking about Nutty,.

I would like to see a seb klose partnership as they are the best (esp if Seb can stay focused) we have but with clean sheet we are unlikely to change next week.

I thought Seb had a decent game yesterday and I believe he''s more than adequate at Championship level. I''ve heard from a fairly credible source that a deal has already been done for Klose so it''s vital Seb gets lots of game time and continues his solid form.

Off the back of this result, it should be pointed out the next three are all winnable, there''s no reason this game shouldn''t spur us on!

Hopefully we can take 7 points from the next three......onwards to the next challenge.

ZLF wrote the following post at 04/12/2016 6:14 PM:

I would like to see a seb klose partnership as they are the best ..............

Whereas I agree that Seb and Klose are our best two centre backs, both of them prefer the left side of the defence and neither look comfortable on the right. So would they make a good pairing and who would play on the right?

I reckon hoolahan would be our worst centre back.

But seriously -no really- for those who say bassong, Bennett, Martin. ...whoever, is the worst, sometimes it just comes down to combinations. Just a certain player may work better with someone who covers their deficiencies, or that just plays in a way that they understand. It doesn''t even have to be that they have struck up an understanding just that they play better with a certain type or specific individual.

For those who play fifa, think like the chemistry system but at the same time completely different. :D

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]I thought Seb had a decent game yesterday and I believe he''s more than adequate at Championship level. I''ve heard from a fairly credible source that a deal has already been done for Klose so it''s vital Seb gets lots of game time and continues his solid form.[/quote]As in he will be sold in January ?