Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

BARNSLEY VS NORWICH MATCH THREAD

Time to ship out the defence in Jan.
We need two new CBs to compete with Klose, probably another for depth. Klose has been crap this season but we know he has some quality as he dominated in the Prem so I''d keep him for now. Sell in Summer if we need to.
Bassong can f**k off. I like Bennett but he''s been poor. Martin is crap at CB but I''d keep for RB cover and dump $hittaker.

Second half he needs to match up in the middle, Barnsley are overloading the middle and we''ve left two midfield players in there.

Basic ball into the channel, turning the CB''s.

He''ll take a murphy off.

Jesus Christ, what we holding out for a 2-0 loss?

Pritchard was a must, Dorrans was shite! Mulumbu for Dorrans I get!

This is why AN must go, bloody clueless, I could even understand going two up top and taking off Pritchard but to go negative!

Wow, just wow.

[quote user="Buh"]Playing both murphys was a perfectly fine choice but our defence cannot be trusted.[/quote]

Playing both Murphy''s is fine IF the defence can be trusted. We have seen time and time again this season that they can''t and this playing them both was a risky decision (at best).

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but on the balance of probability, this was going to be a bad decision and so it proved to be.

All this will do is give Barnsley a kick up the backside. They can score against us whenever they want and they''ll know it. 3rd goal incoming.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whistleblower"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Loving this! Wish I was there...[/quote]

Still excited?

As Lincoln said playing 2 murphys is suicide. Wonder if neil has balls to take Josh Murphy off at half time[/quote]
Yes I''m still pleased that the twins who have been at the club since they were 12 started together today. I''ve followed their progress through the ranks since 2006. If you consider how many of the temporary highs and lows we''ve had since then you might begin to appreciate what this could mean to supporters who stick with it through thick and thin. Try appreciate what that means in the context of those ten years. Another reason to be proud is that the posters on this board contributed to the twins progress through Rays Funds. Some things mean a lot more than temporary form. 
[/quote]

I''m not proud at all that playing two local lads means we are guaranteed to lose an important match when they play together - we could field 11 local youngsters and achieve that result

I see the substitutions have had an effect

If playing both Murphy''s was a big mistake why did so many of you say what a good decision it was and you were looking forward to it ?

One goal isn''t enough, 2 would be okay given the circumstances, but if we want to keep up with the leading pack we need to be leaving with all 3 points...

Both murphys was an acceptable decision but the defensive play is so fractured it''s hard to know how to attack a team

We need a new base of our team it''s so weak

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]If playing both Murphy''s was a big mistake why did so many of you say what a good decision it was and you were looking forward to it ?[/quote]
Not sure what your point is? Fans aren''t paid to make the right decision, the manager is..

You and so are made of different stuff then.

Perhaps you can point me towards where you made these points before we went behind?

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]You all think you know better, he''s getting it all wrong. Oh look we''ve scored[/quote]Errr, we''re 2-1 down. Lost 6 out of 7, down to 9th and you think he''s getting it right!!!?? I know the NFN''S in the fens aren''t the sharpest folk but Jesus Christ Frank!

[quote user="Keith Scott"][quote user="FenwayFrank"]You all think you know better, he''s getting it all wrong. Oh look we''ve scored[/quote]Errr, we''re 2-1 down. Lost 6 out of 7, down to 9th and you think he''s getting it right!!!?? I know the NFN''S in the fens aren''t the sharpest folk but Jesus Christ Frank![/quote]Why don''t you start a nice thread about it, Keith?

IMHO this was not an acceptable decision.

A single home win against a very poor side is not suddenly going to fill this side with confidence and get them playing freely, especially when the next game is away.

The acceptable decision would have been to put out a balanced side to try and build on last week''s win with a solid performance. This was very high risk and may yet back fire badly and further undermine confidence. Overall, poor management.

There are literally more Ipswich fans than Norwich fans on this forum lol

1-0 to Cardiff lads

Afternoon all.

Brentford let us play but Barnsley have a reputation for hard work and were always going to make us earn the right to play.

When we match the effort of sides we clearly have more quality. When we don''t.......

So, AN goes into the game all open with no DM and a winger who''s progress has been impeded by work rate.

He leaves a Swedish international on the bench and plays a solid attacking midfielder in his place.

So, like QPR away we didn''t start until half-time.

The question is: why do the players seem to care now when they didn''t in the first half?