Sign in to follow this  
Time to go Delia

Job not on the line next 2 games

Rob Butler has just spoken to Alex Neil and Neil told him the Board have assured him his job is not on the line these next two matches .We really have got a coiple of stupid old fools running this club , the sooner they go one way or the other the better.

Agreed Ricardo. The owners can fill the ground in the chumps away from all that PL agreed. With a natural turnover of only 30m that means a halving of our current wage bill and presumably the withdrawal from a category 1 academy. But at least we can take advice from 1p5wich as we shall be mimicking its strategy.

[quote user="Highland Canary"] But at least we can take advice from 1p5wich as we shall be mimicking its strategy.[/quote]I give it another season before being convinced of that but sadly the omens don''t look good. If we are making progress then we are keeping it well hidden.

Really? I guess that depends on how the fans react to any poor results/performance of these two matches. I''ve yet to see a manager survive after the fans turn

[quote user="Time to go Delia"]Rob Butler has just spoken to Alex Neil and Neil told him the Board have assured him his job is not on the line these next two matches .......[/quote]Well if he wants to think that fair enough.I was at the Capital Canaries AGM on the Monday after the Colchester debacle. Delia and MWJ assured us Bryan Gunn had their full support. David McNally said football was a results-orientated business.Gunn was gone three days later......

The board are probably looking at where Hughton is now and regretting sacking him. The result will be hanging onto Neil even if fans turn in a similar way to when Hughton got sacked.I''ve a feeling it''ll come down to whoever of Delia and Neil blinks first.

[quote user="JF"]Really? I guess that depends on how the fans react to any poor results/performance of these two matches. I''ve yet to see a manager survive after the fans turn[/quote]I don''t know where you sit JF but from my position in the upper River End I would say we are still a long way from the turning point.

Yeah I''d agree with that but reactions can turn very quickly. If it goes badly in these 2 matches I can see it being quite toxic at full time on Friday

The clowns in charge, well intentioned though they are have got a track record of not being decisive until other people more or less bounce them into some form of action. This has a feeling of being a phony war with many knowing it will kick off soon but not when. This lot are quite capable of hanging on to Neil going through the transfer window then sacking him in February. If he gets one win out of the next two it will keep him going for ages lose them both and that will probably be the end of it

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]''Promotion, promotion, promotion'' is what Moxey said.

We could be as low as 12th tomorrow...[/quote]Or as high as joint 4th.....[:)]

As many people have said, if we lose the next few matches we could easily be mid table which presents problems either way in January. If Neil is still with us how easy will it be to recruit anybody of any real class or potential, also how many players will be looking to leave. If we sack him in a few weeks, will we have a new manager in place, if so, he will have had no real time to assess what''s needed, if we are managerless who will join us.

This needed decisive action weeks ago (at the end of last season really) all the time we just drift on with them kidding themselves it will get better really helps nobody in the long run.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Time to go Delia"]Rob Butler has just spoken to Alex Neil and Neil told him the Board have assured him his job is not on the line these next two matches .......[/quote]Well if he wants to think that fair enough.I was at the Capital Canaries AGM on the Monday after the Colchester debacle. Delia and MWJ assured us Bryan Gunn had their full support. David McNally said football was a results-orientated business.Gunn was gone three days later......[/quote]Quite. I wouldn''t place much reliance on any promises of support, even if they seem to be as decisive as Neil makes out. Partly because with every recent (I assume unintentionally self-harming) statement from Neil and (counter-productively) from his players his position gets further undermined. Because Moxey recently made a very similar comment about football being a results-based business. And because Moxey may be in a position to do what McNally did twice and produce an immediate replacement, in the form of Jackett.

The worry is that we haven''t beaten any teams in the top ten, nearly half way through the season too!

If we do somehow sneak into the top 6 I can''t see this team with AN having the bottle to get up this time.

They were very unlikely to sack him after Saturday with 2 matches this week in quick succession. However, I would say that losing one or both matches has to be the end of Neil, although he may well still be in charge for both.

Here we go again then I suppose. We''ll cling on for as long as possible as Neil digs the occasional win out without showing any hint of building a style of play and team ethic. We''ll wait till the play offs are out of reach, appoint Jackett, nothing will improve and we''ll settle into Championship obscurity.

It''s all gotten so depressing and in my opinion we started this downward trajectory by clinging onto Hughton despite all good sense then replaced him with a novice. Well, that an a hopeless approach to transfer windows.

The final 6/8 months under Hughton and Worthington were excruciating and I''m dreading having to watch this familiar scenario all play out again. Especially as we''ll more than likely choose a completely inadequate replacement and wrongly look at sacking Neil as a mistake...when it eventually happens

I thought you believed when the crowd turn that''s it Ricardo ? So if more dross is served up Tuesday then your not expecting too much of a reaction at the whistle ?

Horse Renoir, I think you''ve got that about right. We will move on the management front and the new man (who I think will be Jackett....but doesn''t matter who it is) will carry on with the current team and we will duly consolidate around 13th. But at times we will go lower There will be talk at the end of the season about fresh starts. Plus, there will be murmurings about giving younger players a chance. A large core of the team will be broken up. After that, too early to say. Well, that is my depressing prediction / forecast.

Further, I am very unconfident about tomorrow. Will the crowd ''turn''? Not so sure.

In an alternative world, we win with a compelling swagger, then beat Huddersfield 5-0 and Neil looks up Pardew-style and Moxey waves at him.

Which of these will come to pass? I''ve gone past half empty now.

Still.....i will be back next season full of hope. The sooner we get to the acceptance phase (that Renoir sadly intimates,at), the better.

I think we all know that we will lose against Villa and Huddersfield! I foolishly thought that we might have turned a corner against Brentford but things returned to normal against Barnsley (yes Barnsley!)

He has to go, he is clueless!

I think that you will find that the crowd will turn tomorrow night.

You can''t say that we haven''t been patient!😡

Neil has taken the step of publicly calling out the players today....I think we''re reaching the end game with this now.

Tomorrow we''ll see just how many of those players want him to remain in charge here.

whatever the board say, one or two games worth of crowd discontent ,at a floodlit Carrow Rd over the next 4 days may very well have them thinking differently....

Part of the reason Neil wasn''t sacked much earlier is because of the little Norwich effect. Disgraceful performances in the premier league last season were treated by many fans as the norm. Relegation at the end of a premier league season was for many almost to be expected.Nobody could see that Alex Neil was an extremely poor manager and inflicting untold damage on the club. If he is sacked next week then it would be at least a year too late.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Neil has taken the step of publicly calling out the players today....I think we''re reaching the end game with this now.

Tomorrow we''ll see just how many of those players want him to remain in charge here.

whatever the board say, one or two games worth of crowd discontent ,at a floodlit Carrow Rd over the next 4 days may very well have them thinking differently....[/quote]

What he said is very contradictory. It wasn''t his tactics or the football in general yet the players didn''t scrap and fight for every ball. How do you do both?

[quote user="deltic31"]I think we all know that we will lose against Villa and Huddersfield! I foolishly thought that we might have turned a corner against Brentford but things returned to normal against Barnsley (yes Barnsley!)

He has to go, he is clueless!

I think that you will find that the crowd will turn tomorrow night.

You can''t say that we haven''t been patient!😡[/quote]Largely wishful thinking I''m afraid. If its a poor result we may get a return of the booing but in truth its been very muted so far this season. I am expecting results to revert to the mean in any event and while that won''t placate everybody it will be enough to see him past Xmas.Apart from the front two, the remainder are pretty much of muchness. A quick glance at the goal averages will tell you all you need to know. The playoffs are likely to remain within reach and as long as that continues I predict him comfortably surviving the season. I''m not saying that this is what I want to happen nor am I claiming that it is the correct path, just that from my reading of the runes its what I think will happen.

Pretty sure that if we are 2-0 down to the Villa at about the 70 minute mark, the hostility and anger will start to surface - frankly, the board and manager are going to feel it coming in the air tonight.