Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

To get promotion, promotion, promotion

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="morty"]Some staff also say that McNally was a power hungry ego maniac who eventually got a bit above himself.Its funny how time and agenda changes peoples opinions, eh?[/quote]

There is quite of lot of truth to that, though more toward the end of his ''reign''. The problem was he was a professional amongst amateurs. When you have only one person on a board and/or in a business that knows what they are doing, there is a danger that you do too much and burn yourself out. That is what happened to him.

What a heathy board needs to be is a balanced array of professionals who have experience in football and the various facets of it. We do not have that at NCFC.[/quote]So how does the makeup of our board compare to ones at other clubs then?You know, just for balance?

One owner who craves complete control of his new toy with his right hand man as CEO

Then when he gets bored, the owner disappears & leaves the CEO to try & clear up the mess on a shoestring budget?

Isn''t that how it works?

That is a Mick Dennis style deflective argument. In other words, don''t question our board, look at some other clubs plights to make ourselves feel better.

Football Clubs are arguably the worst ''businesses'' there are. Such huge, vast array of money has gone into the game, but has largely been syphoned by players and agents. It never should of been this way, but it is the way it is.

I cannot speak about clubs and we all know some rely on sugar daddie and very wealthy owners, but none should distract from the wastefulness and naivety of this board.

I couldn''t careless who owns NCFC as long as they know what they are doing. Our board doesn''t!

Oh I assumed that you had some kind of wider knowledge about the make up of football boards, my mistake.

Funny how stuff like this only comes up when we aren''t doing so well, eh?

No it doesn''t. The board have always been part of the problem, rather than part of the solution, especially since the departure of Bowkett and McNally.

What is happening on and off the pitch at present will put the spotlight on them, but nothing will have a change of changing for the better until they sell.

[quote user="komakino"]No it doesn''t. The board have always been part of the problem, rather than part of the solution, especially since the departure of Bowkett and McNally.

What is happening on and off the pitch at present will put the spotlight on them, but nothing will have a change of changing for the better until they sell.[/quote]Always? Really?So if I look back at your posts on here when we were fairing better on the pitch, I would find you criticising them then?Is change always for the better? Is it that easy?I put it to you that we are in a far, far better place now, than when Delia and Michael took over. Our success hasn''t been in spite of them.

I''ve never been a fan of Delia or The board in general, regardless of what is - or isn''t - happening on the pitch. McNally gave them a bit of steel and wasn''t a Delia Cronie, but had too much to do.

I don''t understand the fascination that some fans have with Delia. I was there on the infamous Man City game, which totally did any goodwill I had left for her. She''s just whinged it. Norwich has no real competition as such as Ipswich are well over 40 miles away and I think the fans are treated with contempt.

I look at her record and Norwich have not been nowhere near as successful as her predecessor, flawed as he was.

In short, Norwich have a well meaning, but lamentable board and as fans, we have to suffer the consequences and The Times article showed how out of their depth they really are.

Is it because she is a woman in a position of power, who probably knows as much as you about football, or even more?Is that it?

Not been as successful as her predecessor?

I think football is a tad bit different now to how it was in the early 90s?

Don''t get me wrong, I think the club is headed in the wrong direction & recent comments/interview have concerned me, but we are not exactly in a bad situation now (maybe in 2 or 3 years depending how this season plays out) but we are currently in the best financial position with the strongest/most valuable squad we have ever had - and it was only 6 years ago we were in league one

[quote user="morty"]Is it because she is a woman in a position of power, who probably knows as much as you about football, or even more?Is that it?[/quote]

That''s a lamentable response. If she was a man, it would make no difference. If she really cared about the club, so would listen to offers instead of dismissing them. As a said before, I don''t understand the Delia love-in with some fans.

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="morty"]Is it because she is a woman in a position of power, who probably knows as much as you about football, or even more?Is that it?[/quote]

That''s a lamentable response. If she was a man, it would make no difference. If she really cared about the club, so would listen to offers instead of dismissing them. As a said before, I don''t understand the Delia love-in with some fans.[/quote]What serious offers has she not listened to?Note the word serious.Well just as you don''t understand "the Delia love in" perhaps I don''t understand your irrational, and mostly unfounded personal dislike of her.

If things are going bad by halftime we could see the Drunken Gourmet Chef grab the mike and give us a rendition of

We all believe in Neil

Well that''s the way I feel

Lets be aving yer

[quote user="komakino"]I don''t dislike her personally, just professionally speaking regarding NCFC.[/quote]But you would agree the club, even now, is in a far far better state, than when she took over?Or did she just get lucky?

Interesting point.

I think the fans have been VERY lenient at times, especially with the appointment of managers. Chase rightly got stick for ''Constructively'' forcing managers out (Walker, O''Neill), but Delia took the absolute urine with Lambert, which was an inspired signing amongst many, many poor decisions that her predecessor would of never got away with.

I don''t personally think she would of got away with what she has at almost any opted club. She would of been forced out years before. Yes we were in League One, but who took us there?

You make your own luck in this world, but I think she has underachieved with the club to be honest given the tools at her disposal.

[quote user="komakino"]Interesting point.

I think the fans have been VERY lenient at times, especially with the appointment of managers. Chase rightly got stick for ''Constructively'' forcing managers out (Walker, O''Neill), but Delia took the absolute urine with Lambert, which was an inspired signing amongst many, many poor decisions that her predecessor would of never got away with.

I don''t personally think she would of got away with what she has at almost any opted club. She would of been forced out years before. Yes we were in League One, but who took us there?

You make your own luck in this world, but I think she has underachieved with the club to be honest given the tools at her disposal.[/quote]Or correct point?I know its a well trodden path, but would you care to compare Ipswich''s last 20 years with ours?How do you know what happened with Lambert? He was offered the biggest transfer budget in Norwich City history, but still chose to walk away. Do you honestly think that was because of Delia Smith?How do you force out the majority shareholder of a well run club that has no debt? Because Chase wasn''t really forced out, it was more like he did a runner before the bailiffs came knocking.

Yes we are in a better position than when the current owners took over. We are also a long way further back in terms of squad quality and bank balance than some of the high points of their reign. where will we be in the next seasons or so, impossible to say depending upon important decisions yet to be made we could be either back in the PL or even league 1 the stakes and consequences are that high at the moment

[quote user="komakino"]As I have stated before, the club has not budgeted for and does not expect to get promoted this year, hence why AN is sticking around longer than necessary.[/quote]And as said before, based on all the available evidence, I very much doubt that is true. The available evidence, which all points the other way, being the projected loss for this season, which suggests we are still paying high (by Championship standards) wages and offering bonuses to try to ensure immediate promotion, the admission from the club that we really need to get back up this season or next (and this season is always likely to be the easier), and our summer transfer dealings, in which we comfortably spent more than we received.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Yes we are in a better position than when the current owners took over. We are also a long way further back in terms of squad quality and bank balance than some of the high points of their reign. where will we be in the next seasons or so, impossible to say depending upon important decisions yet to be made we could be either back in the PL or even league 1 the stakes and consequences are that high at the moment[/quote]Ups and downs in football, who would have thought it?

True we many of us have seen a lot of them over the last 20 to 30 years and god willing will still be turning up and cheering and moaning in a decades time as the pendulum of footballing life swings one way and then the other

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="komakino"]As I have stated before, the club has not budgeted for and does not expect to get promoted this year, hence why AN is sticking around longer than necessary.[/quote]And as said before, based on all the available evidence, I very much doubt that is true. The available evidence, which all points the other way, being the projected loss for this season, which suggests we are still paying high (by Championship standards) wages and offering bonuses to try to ensure immediate promotion, the admission from the club that we really need to get back up this season or next (and this season is always likely to be the easier), and our summer transfer dealings, in which we comfortably spent more than we received.[/quote]

Only quoting what several staff at Carrow Road/Colney told me three weeks ago.

As for Lambert, the budget he had was the same as the season before and thought the club weren''t being serious as it claimed it was about being an established PL club. There are more anglo-saxon words to describe it. Biggest mistake this club has ever made in my opinion.

Another point I would make is that I have never been entirely convinced that the club wants to be an established PL club. They just came over as being naive and make basic fundamental errors. If by some miracle we get to the PL again with this board, you will probably see the same mistakes being made again and again.

Every fan deserves a run for his hard earned money, but you never quite get that feeling at Norwich City.

We''ll if it''s not because you don''t like her. Or because she''s a woman. Or because you''re jealous of her. Then why does wynnie get off so lightly?

[quote user="komakino"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="komakino"]As I have stated before, the club has not budgeted for and does not expect to get promoted this year, hence why AN is sticking around longer than necessary.[/quote]And as said before, based on all the available evidence, I very much doubt that is true. The available evidence, which all points the other way, being the projected loss for this season, which suggests we are still paying high (by Championship standards) wages and offering bonuses to try to ensure immediate promotion, the admission from the club that we really need to get back up this season or next (and this season is always likely to be the easier), and our summer transfer dealings, in which we comfortably spent more than we received.[/quote]

1) Only quoting what several staff at Carrow Road/Colney told me three weeks ago.2) As for Lambert, the budget he had was the same as the season before and thought the club weren''t being serious as it claimed it was about being an established PL club. There are more anglo-saxon words to describe it. Biggest mistake this club has ever made in my opinion.[/quote]If you care to go back to these people and get detailed figures from them to be posted here that paint a different picture I will happily reassess. But until then I will stick with all the available factual evidence, which points to a budget aimed at trying to get immediate promotion back.2) Not least because this claim about Lambert being given the same budget as before isn''t true. If you mean the same budget in 2011-12 as in 2010-11 then the figures show otherwise. Staff costs doubled from £18m to £36m, and player wages specifically went from £10m to £25m, while as far as the transfer budget was concerned we had a net spend of several millions, and much higher than the season before.If you mean he was promised the same budget in 2012-13 as in 2011-12 (and that was why he quit) then again, no. Staff costs rose by £14m and players wages specifically by £5m, while we had an even higher net transfer spend than in our first season back in the PL. So both years we gave the manager significant increases in the wage budget and the transfer budget.

But prince philip wasnt of the bloodline. Neither is Delia. The true king is Wynnie so you have it the wrong way round Daly. Hope you don''t make the same mistake with Prince Albert.....

Nutty Don''t mention Prince Albert, I broke his cup and my wife is only left with a saucer to drink her tea from.