Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

To get promotion, promotion, promotion

does that mean we have to go down to League 2 first to be able to get the 3 promotions? Just a thought.

As I have stated before, the club has not budgeted for and does not expect to get promoted this year, hence why AN is sticking around longer than necessary.

[quote user="komakino"]As I have stated before, the club has not budgeted for and does not expect to get promoted this year, hence why AN is sticking around longer than necessary.[/quote]Of course you have some kind of tangible evidence or proof, to support this?

It''s common knowledge inside the club and of course, I''m not revealing my sources. Let''s just say they''ve always come up with the goods so far. Carrow Road and Colney are not happy places since McNally''s departure.

komakino,

They weren''t that happy before he left if my understanding is right, but agree there are problems.

Klose wasn''t sold because they was no replacement. McNally took his contacts with him and the board are now alcoholics trying to run a pub.

bulltwallop.

The AGM clearly shew that the club have budgeted to get back to the Premier League within 2 season. You could argue within 1 season, because from next year onwards we are budgeted to make a loss. Beyond that where the parachute payments end looks a dark, dark, place financially. And, we know full well that teams who don''t get promoted back up within two season begin to really, really struggle.

What is budgeting for promotion exactly?

Surely keeping all players (Redmond exempt) counts as budgeting towards promotion?

We could have easily cashed in on Brady, Klose, Naismith, Ruddy etc & then not spent the money on Pritchard, Oliviera, Canos etc

Ipswich sold Murphy for 5mil & then replaced him with Leon best on a free - that''s not budgeting for promotion

In theory, the squad is good enough on paper to challenge for the top 2 - I don''t think that''s arrogance, it is good enough. Why we are not doing it is a whole different argument

What else could we have done? Spent 20mil plus that we don''t have, put ourselves in debt (when a loss is forecast) without no certainty of promotion?

What state would that have left us in next season?

Guys, we''re all hurting at the present poor run, but making up nonsense to try and discredit the club you support, really isn''t cool.

Nobody is making anything up.

This is not about a ''poor run'' - This goes much, much deeper about howe the club is ''run'', how they treat their staff, the boards lack of business acumen across the scale of the club.

On the pitch is a mere reflection of the management off it.

Par for the course though Morty. When the next successful cycle comes round they all miraculously come back on board again. This message board must be a pain though because short of re-registering under a new name they are stuck with their history...

Rogue, that''s what Brighton have done. £25m loss this year due to gambling investment in the playing squad. they have been open about that.

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Rogue, that''s what Brighton have done. £25m loss this year due to gambling investment in the playing squad. they have been open about that.[/quote]I saw this when I watched the Brighton game on the telly recently and was a bit surprised. Not sure how this fits in with FFP rules exactly.

And looking at the 2 squads at the start of the season would you have have said Brighton are so much better than us, despite the fact that they had spent 25mil?

Our problems seem to be player mentality rather than actual player quality. Is Glenn Murray better than what we have here?

Even when we played Brighton, did they look that good? From the highlights we looked awful & incapable of doing basics as opposed to Brighton being good

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Rogue, that''s what Brighton have done. £25m loss this year due to gambling investment in the playing squad. they have been open about that.[/quote]I saw this when I watched the Brighton game on the telly recently and was a bit surprised. Not sure how this fits in with FFP rules exactly.[/quote]

Its not a problem...

Unless they fade away like last season & fail to get promoted of course...

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]And looking at the 2 squads at the start of the season would you have have said Brighton are so much better than us, despite the fact that they had spent 25mil?

Our problems seem to be player mentality rather than actual player quality
. Is Glenn Murray better than what we have here?

Even when we played Brighton, did they look that good? From the highlights we looked awful & incapable of doing basics as opposed to Brighton being good[/quote]Agree with that, there was an excellent video on Mustard yesterday where it was discussed, and it made a lot of sense.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axu45kQ_w5o&list=PL9VIpvFxEivBECvA0toFvorVXhwjeRoge&index=3

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tetteys Jig"]Rogue, that''s what Brighton have done. £25m loss this year due to gambling investment in the playing squad. they have been open about that.[/quote]I saw this when I watched the Brighton game on the telly recently and was a bit surprised. Not sure how this fits in with FFP rules exactly.[/quote]

Its not a problem...

Unless they fade away like last season & fail to get promoted of course...[/quote]Exactly[Y]

Just because people are concerned that the club is not being managed well and that this is contributing to the gradual downward spiral that we are all witnessing does not mean that they are not "on board".

To continue the comparison with Brighton...

They spent 25million in the summer

According to Sky, we spent 16.5million

But we also spent 20million in January as well

So yes, Brighton spent more in the summer, but...

They didnt have an already-assembled squad that contained:

Ruddy

Klose

Pinto

Olsson

Howson

Tettey

Jerome

Brady

Hoolahan

Naismith

to name just a few.

Yes Brighton spent more money they perhaps dont have on players they needed, but we spent money we did have on improving an already strong squad

Agreed Hairy but that was not what I meant. You are a great example of somebody who''s posted over a long period of time and always been on board.

I still feel that many fans still think the players are actually better than what they are. The same goes for the players too!

Where the club went wrong - and I made the point at the time - was you are better off having slightly ''lesser'' hungry players with something to prove, over ex relegated PL players who have nothing to prove and looking for the exit door. Plus you have a number who are neither of the above. Couple in the loss of Chairman and CEO last year to be replaced by highly questionable, cronie appointment of Team Delia, this seasons event should not come as a total surprise.

I agree in part - but who would have been happy with wholesale changes to the playing squad, selling ''star players'' & replacing the with youngsters - the club would be crucified.

However, look at the defenders & GK - Ruddy, Martin, Bassong, Olsson, Bennett have all now been relegated not once, but twice

I agree re the chairman & CEO changing.

I saw a tweet from Robin Sainty which said:

''My last email to Moxey requesting a meeting resulted in a reply that ended by thanking me "for my continued interest in Norwich City"''

Says it all really...

Staff say that DMcN was very hands on - that''s what happens when there are no other professionals on the board - but would always take the time to speak to any individual working for the company and knew everyone.

Moxey couldn''t be more different, which has had a negative effect on morale.

Remember that we have a board that are all friends with the drunken chef. So instead of having different voices, you actually have one, which on a board is a very, very bad thing.

Some staff also say that McNally was a power hungry ego maniac who eventually got a bit above himself.Its funny how time and agenda changes peoples opinions, eh?

[quote user="morty"]Some staff also say that McNally was a power hungry ego maniac who eventually got a bit above himself.Its funny how time and agenda changes peoples opinions, eh?[/quote]

There is quite of lot of truth to that, though more toward the end of his ''reign''. The problem was he was a professional amongst amateurs. When you have only one person on a board and/or in a business that knows what they are doing, there is a danger that you do too much and burn yourself out. That is what happened to him.

What a heathy board needs to be is a balanced array of professionals who have experience in football and the various facets of it. We do not have that at NCFC.