Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Villa

[quote user="hogesar"]You''re right Morty. But i''m not showing Villa respect, if anything i''m disrespecting our own players because of their own inept displays.
We can''t afford a draw right now, only a win will do I agree. But with the way we''ve been playing that''s the best way I see us getting a win. The only potential other way i''d try is Howson in Number 10 and Jacob on the right.
[/quote]I have always liked the sound of Howson at 10, but I don''t think tonight is the time to fanny about too much. We need players that are 100% committed and ready to run themselves into the ground, and happy in their positions and system.I think the comments by the manager questioning their attitude was spot on.

does it really matter what team we pick? most of them are either overpaid morons who no longer have the desire required to play for the club or the manager or are simply not good enough. funny how we get 1 win in 8 games and it''s 5-0. that to me suggests there''s something amiss with our players mentality.

for the record, I''d go with ruddy, pinto, Martin, klose, olsson, howson, tettey, Murphy, pritchard, Murphy, olivera but I''m not confident at all vs a tough side like villa under a solid experienced manager like Steve Bruce.

Ruddy

Pinto, Martin, Klose, Olsson

Mulumbu, Dorrans

How son, Pritchard, Brady

Oliveira

Not a huge fan of Howson wide, but think this would add balance and protect Pinto, without being too defensive

[quote user="Tetteys Jig"]does it really matter what team we pick? most of them are either overpaid morons who no longer have the desire required to play for the club or the manager or are simply not good enough. funny how we get 1 win in 8 games and it''s 5-0. that to me suggests there''s something amiss with our players mentality.

for the record, I''d go with ruddy, pinto, Martin, klose, olsson, howson, tettey, Murphy, pritchard, Murphy, olivera but I''m not confident at all vs a tough side like villa under a solid experienced manager like Steve Bruce.[/quote]For the record which of those are "the overpaid morons"?

Come on guys, I''ve said before, this is the kind of game we just pull a win out from so some more positivity please [:)]

[quote user="hogesar"]Come on guys, I''ve said before, this is the kind of game we just pull a win out from so some more positivity please [:)][/quote]

Its funny that.

We know we are good enough to beat Villa.

We know we are bad enough to lose 5-0.

God knows whats going to happen...

well for the money they are on and where they should be, I include:

Brady

Klose (think his desire for us has diminished this season)

bassong

Bennett

tettey (legend for us but gone stale and I think he''s not got the desire required to battle through another promotion)

Mulumbu

ruddy (see tettey)

very few of our lads are both willing and able to play for us to promotion standard.

I think some of them are sick of the manager, some of the stagnative ambition shown by the board and staff. the club is in a bad way at the moment, anyone who believes otherwise needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

morty, the problem for me is that at high level competitive sport, you can''t just "kind of be arsed" like most of us are most days at work. for whatever reason we aren''t getting 100% out of our players and it leaves us badly exposed when there are teams like brighton that aren''t far behind us on paper ability wise but are light years ahead determination and desire wise.

if you aren''t fully focused as a pro footballer, you get found out very quickly.

Not happy Pritchard dropped from whole squad. Along with Alex''s comments post Barnsley and references to arrogance..think this is worrying development for our suppposed summers star signing :(

I am mystified why when we are at home that we are not playing Pritchard or that even Wes are not in the team. It seems Neil is as good as his word wanted to beef up the middle of the park. Perhaps we will try to contain and then break quickly....the kind of tactics an away team might use?

I''ve just watched the AN interview where he singles out Pritchard against Barnsley. The guy is brain dead. Firstly the reason Pritchard performed poorly was the fact AN choose to play both Murphys, which left Pritchard isolated. Pritchard needs a player close to him that is going to hold and control position such as a Brady, Naismith or Hoolahan. Not two direct wingers who are going to run with the ball directly.

Secondly, why on earth does he think it is acceptable to single one player out like that? It''s awful man management. AN knows he''s our best player, as do the fans, but the arrogant Scottish pr15k clearly cant manage top class players.

I bet Pritchard regrets the day he turned around on the M25. He shouldn''t though, another manager and he''d be loving football here and be a fans favourite - but we''re allowing AN to alienate him.

Well, given that no poster called the correct lineup prior to it being officially announced, I can only conclude that Alex Neil reads this forum and is intent on showing EVERYONE that he is still the boss and nobody but him will be ( correctly ) naming the team. Perhaps we all have to keep silent in advance of Friday''s match or share by private messages. [;)]

Pritchard has one good game and suddenly he''s our saviour? He was abysmal at Brighton, the only time he got noticed was when he was falling over! Not consistent, he would get murdered by this Villa team.

[quote user="bristolcanary"]Ruddy; Pinto, Bennett, Bassong, Olsson; Mulumbu, Dorrans; Jacob Murphy, Howson, Brady; Oliveira[/quote][:|]