Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for Villa

Terrible first half performance yesterday, but better in the second. Gone off Brady at the moment - doesn''t seem to me to work hard enough off the ball (would like to know what anyone who went thought of him yesterday). With that in mind (and I''d put Martin in with Bassong again - it worked last time in the championship) this -                   Ruddy   Pinto Martin Bassong Olsson    Howson  Mulumbu Dorrans       Ja Murphy  Pritchard                OliveiraYes, I know I''ve been castigated before for putting Dorrans on the left - but imo he would be as good as Johnson was given that kind of role, but in this set up the width mainly comes from the full backs going forwards with Howson and Dorrans able to cover for them if needed.  Last time in the championship, we had a similar kind of set up many times at home and it worked well.  

It won''t matter what team he puts out and in what formation as the performance will be the same. The players he leaves on the bench Tuesday will be the answer next week and so on. There are deeper problems than who should be in the starting 11.

Bassong and Martin ? Really ?

Dorian''s as good as Bradley ?

You should lay off the medication and let your head clear ,,, better still ,go to a game you lazy sod.

Looks a lot different in real life, you know ??

No of course you don''t .. or you wouldn''t continue to make ridiculous posts .

Would it not been a bit more honest to say after the last week of reading parma''s thread I ''ve decided he is right and we should play the three screen.

The fact Martin and Bassong are still playing shows everything that is wrong with recruitment at this club

Has Klose decided he wants out and that''s that?

Ruddy

Pinto Martin Bassong Olsson

Murphy Howson Mulumbu Brady

Pritchard

Oliviera

[quote user="JF"]It won''t matter what team he puts out and in what formation as the performance will be the same. The players he leaves on the bench Tuesday will be the answer next week and so on. There are deeper problems than who should be in the starting 11.[/quote]

If you know something we don''t just whisper it we won''t tell anyone you told us:)

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"]Bassong and Martin ? Really ?

Dorian''s as good as Bradley ?

You should lay off the medication and let your head clear ,,, better still ,go to a game you lazy sod.

Looks a lot different in real life, you know ??

No of course you don''t .. or you wouldn''t continue to make ridiculous posts .[/quote]

No medication necessary thanks.  Given a bit more freedom on the left, Dorrans has every bit of ability to do a good job there in the Johnson type role.  Did you go yesterday?  What about Brady - did he do well on the left?  Genuine question. And do you really say that Martin and Bassong can''t play well together,

given the evidence of our promotion season??   So is my post that

ridiculous?  No.

It''s about having a viable left sided midfielder fiesty enough to deal with opposition right wingers. Brady for me doesn''t do enough. You were there yesterday - where was Brady for the scond goal? Trotting back from the half way line as casual as you like.

Trouble is, fiesty isn''t a word I would use to describe Dorrans or Brady. However Brady is a left sided player, Dorrans demonstrably isn''t.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Ruddy

Pinto Bennet Klose Olsson

Jacob Howson Mulumbu Brady

Pritchard

Oliviera[/quote]

Looks good to me (the team, not the quote function not working)

Didn''t do enough based on what?

The highlights show?

A grainy stream?

Brady was not the problem yesterday.

I''d go with that team FZ, but I''d also consider Martin for Bennett.

I expect AN will be getting busy this morning cranking up the Tombola machine.Perm any 11 from 15.

[quote user="ricardo"]I expect AN will be getting busy this morning cranking up the Tombola machine.Perm any 11 from 15.[/quote]The stupid thing is that had he selected the correct team for yesterday, as opposed to one he felt pressured into selecting, I would be happy with the same team for Villa, as the last home game.Its his very last roll of the dice, no pressure Alex!

Bassong and Martin may well have been decent a couple seasons ago but you only have to look at the one time they were paired together vs Newcastle, absolute horror show from the pair of them. As other posters have said, the best combo so far this season has been Klose and Martin, our best run of results came with those 2 paired. Bassong might have one good game now and then but the guy makes the fans nervous and on edge so christ knows what the players must feel like.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I expect AN will be getting busy this morning cranking up the Tombola machine.Perm any 11 from 15.[/quote]The stupid thing is that had he selected the correct team for yesterday, as opposed to one he felt pressured into selecting, I would be happy with the same team for Villa, as the last home game.Its his very last roll of the dice, no pressure Alex![/quote]I doubt it will be the last roll of the dice Morty. The booing may well return if the next two games go tits up but the Board made it clear that they support him. This is going to be like Hughton, he will just do enough to limp through this season IMO. Auto has long gone but playoff hopes will remain to keep him alive.

What makes you say Brady hasn''t worked hard enough LDC...when have you seen that over the last 3 or so games to come to that conclusion?

Irrespective of that I CBA to come up with a team because I''m struggling with the fact we lost to f*cking Barnsley still.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ricardo"]I expect AN will be getting busy this morning cranking up the Tombola machine.Perm any 11 from 15.[/quote]The stupid thing is that had he selected the correct team for yesterday, as opposed to one he felt pressured into selecting, I would be happy with the same team for Villa, as the last home game.Its his very last roll of the dice, no pressure Alex![/quote]I doubt it will be the last roll of the dice Morty. The booing may well return if the next two games go tits up but the Board made it clear that they support him. This is going to be like Hughton, he will just do enough to limp through this season IMO. Auto has long gone but playoff hopes will remain to keep him alive.[/quote]I think if we get rolled over badly by Villa, in front of the TV cameras his position will be untenable. I get what the board are trying to do, I really do, but we are in absolute freefall. And the icing on the big $hit cake we all have to eat a slice of now is a manager admitting he picked completely the wrong team, because he was scared of what people might think. I have been willing to accept that he makes mistakes, but that really was a massive clanger yesterday. The fans certainly made their thoughts felt at half time and full time.

[quote user="hogesar"]What makes you say Brady hasn''t worked hard enough LDC...when have you seen that over the last 3 or so games to come to that conclusion?

Irrespective of that I CBA to come up with a team because I''m struggling with the fact we lost to f*cking Barnsley still.[/quote]

I obviously only get to see the highlights of most games, but all season, the goals against is a story of midfelders getting back too late to help - and on more than one occasion I''ve looked at the goals and seen Brady just trotting back with no apparent urgency - especially yesterday for the second goal - and he was supposed to be left back yesterday. Of course it''s not just him - but the questions have to be asked imo.

[quote user="Yellow Green Army"]Ruddy

Pinto Bennet Klose Olsson

Jacob Howson Mulumbu Brady

Pritchard

Oliviera[/quote]

This would be my team too, and should have started yesterday

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]What makes you say Brady hasn''t worked hard enough LDC...when have you seen that over the last 3 or so games to come to that conclusion?

Irrespective of that I CBA to come up with a team because I''m struggling with the fact we lost to f*cking Barnsley still.[/quote]

I obviously only get to see the highlights of most games, but all season, the goals against is a story of midfelders getting back too late to help - and on more than one occasion I''ve looked at the goals and seen Brady just trotting back with no apparent urgency - especially yesterday for the second goal - and he was supposed to be left back yesterday. Of course it''s not just him - but the questions have to be asked imo.

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif[/IMG][/URL]

What''s the matter morty, have you lost the use of your fingers?    You just agreed on another thread that the players collectively are a bunch of lazy so and so''s - so does that apply to Brady then, or not?  I keep asking the question in the hope that someone who went yesterday will actually say what they thought of his contribution overall.    

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]What makes you say Brady hasn''t worked hard enough LDC...when have you seen that over the last 3 or so games to come to that conclusion?

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif[/IMG][/URL][/quote]So what gives you the right to pontificate most of the time as if you are in the dugout?

In my opinion we can''t play Pritchard and Murphy. They are unwilling to tackle and so lightweight we are overrun in midfield.

We hare going to have to scrap for the playoffs, which in my view means four midfielders who can win the ball. Pick from Dorrans, Howson, Mulumbu, Tettey, Brady, Thompson.

One off the striker being Wes, Pritchard, Naismith or a Murphy.

Thought Mulumbu did enough to warrant a place next week, and Olsson showed some class when he came on. Pinto and Olsson can provide the width.

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="hogesar"]What makes you say Brady hasn''t worked hard enough LDC...when have you seen that over the last 3 or so games to come to that conclusion?

[/quote][URL=http://s869.photobucket.com/user/mortymccarthy/media/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif.html][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/17378d280d_zpsr8qne9sz.gif[/IMG][/URL][/quote]So what gives you the right to pontificate most of the time as if you are in the dugout?[/quote]Well for a start I have actually been at the last 4 games and seen them with my own eyes...

[quote user="lake district canary"]What''s the matter morty, have you lost the use of your fingers?    You just agreed on another thread that the players collectively are a bunch of lazy so and so''s - so does that apply to Brady then, or not?  I keep asking the question in the hope that someone who went yesterday will actually say what they thought of his contribution overall.    

[/quote]Brady was not the problem yesterday.